Flight Rising Rant Thread

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Novikova »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:I'm sorry that the crafting ruined profits, but it's a godsend for people like me that don't have access to getting lots of currency through coli and whatnot and don't have the money to buy them off the AH.
It is kind of nice and yeah, I agree. I dig being bummed about losing profits, but man this is nifty. I really wish I knew why the coli seems to slapfight with firefox so much. I've played flash games elsewhere just fine. I just wish I could dig the apparel more. I might stock up on familiars as gifts.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

the coli doesn't behave in Chrome either, at least not for me. It bogs so bad I can't even play it and I don't know why. And yes, I've switched back and forth between sockets and it doesn't help a bit. It'll be fine for a few turns, then it's one frame every five seconds. Urgh.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Novikova

Nachtwulf wrote:the coli doesn't behave in Chrome either, at least not for me. It bogs so bad I can't even play it and I don't know why. And yes, I've switched back and forth between sockets and it doesn't help a bit. It'll be fine for a few turns, then it's one frame every five seconds. Urgh.
Yeah, I disabled my plug ins, av, everything. And then periodically it likes just crashing back. So it's incredibly frustrating that so much stuff gets put in there. It's super groovy if it works for you and all, but it is a bummer when it does not.

That said, if someone misses out on this holiday I have a couple extras of the skins I liked.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

It behaves in Chrome for me (sometimes) but my main problem with it being the other main form aside from gathering was that coli absolutely slaughters my wrist's carpal tunnel, to the point that I'll do a few battles and have to stop cause my wrist aches so bad :/

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

About to win an auction when someone swoops in and ABs it at the last second. FU...........
Last edited by Ashaine on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Alex wrote:It behaves in Chrome for me (sometimes) but my main problem with it being the other main form aside from gathering was that coli absolutely slaughters my wrist's carpal tunnel, to the point that I'll do a few battles and have to stop cause my wrist aches so bad :/
If you have a drawing tablet or a smart phone that will work with coli, I found that it's a little easier on the wrist to use that instead of a mouse.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

mpd_84 wrote:
Alex wrote:It behaves in Chrome for me (sometimes) but my main problem with it being the other main form aside from gathering was that coli absolutely slaughters my wrist's carpal tunnel, to the point that I'll do a few battles and have to stop cause my wrist aches so bad :/
If you have a drawing tablet or a smart phone that will work with coli, I found that it's a little easier on the wrist to use that instead of a mouse.
I don't, unfortunately, or else I'd definitely use them ><;

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Artist, why can't you do one more run of your accent? It was limited to 15 slots and all filled up within a day. I'm so bummed... I wish I saw it when I had a chance.

I understand why people want to make their accents somewhat limited, but I just don't understand the reasoning behind refusing to open another run when plenty of people missed out and have shown interest in another run. Will never get a copy unless one of the lucky fifteen decide to resell.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Novikova

Sadly, I've been trying to repair my tablet. Definitely can't afford an entirely new one for now.

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Okay, what the flying fuck is going on. The iri/shim girl left from Anzu and Ka'alu's clutch still has the auction symbol when viewed from my lair, but when I go to look and see if she's still listed in my activity, she isn't, so I can't check and see how much time is left for her auction (which should've expired this morning), and I never got a message saying that her auction expired. I a not a happy camper right now, and I don't want to go to an admin out of fear of getting banned for a stupid bug.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Don't worry Falcon. You wont get in trouble. This is a known bug apparently and they have a tracking thread for it in the Bug chat.
IDK why they haven't fixed it yet. I guess it just isn't a big enough issue to be at the top of their list.. But it still is super annoying D:

Siggy under construction!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Reason is because it's working as intended, apparently. :roll: Still, it really make me angry that they won't address annoying things like this. Thankfully the issue finally fixed itself, but for some reason, it always says I have four messages when that's never the case. Such a bug-ridden site and all the admins want to do is open registration windows instead of fixing things that need to be addressed. :/
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Language warning.

OHOHOHOHOHO. OH HO FUCKING HO.
SO YOU ACCEPT MY FRIEND REQUEST NOW AFTER ABOUT A YEAR OR SO.
YOU HAVE THE -AUDACITY- TO ACCEPT MY FRIEND REQUEST.
You, the person that made me wait months upon fucking months for even an update on my commission, which you contact me about in the first place saying you would be willing to do it.
The person who out of no where asked for more money after we agreed on a fucking price, which was already over the $100 USD mark.
The person that made excuse after excuse about why you couldn't get to it right away until it got to the point where I realized you were just full of bullshit.
But most of all, you're the person that all of a sudden stopped logging on FR after you had over half the payment and made it so I had to chase you to DA to make sure you didn't run off with my gems, which I had bought with real fucking money.
And also, the one that didn't even want to refund me even half after all the nonsense I had to go through.

How dare you log on now and accept my friend request, which I had sent by the way in my desperate attempt to see if I had just had my fucking money stolen from you. To see if you would log on and accept and maybe answer one of my inquiries about how things were coming along and if I could get an update.

Now, I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be one of those people that are like GIVE ME MY ART OR ELSE.
But.
A few of you might remember how many months would go on between replies. I understand RL happens. But the excuses kept coming and coming. It was clear it was bullshit. And then asking for MORE money after there was already an agreed price.. and after I had already been waiting for months even for a simple reply. Yes I am salty as fuck. Yes I probably sound like a spoiled prick of a brat.
But after having -this- as my first experience with a real commission and not just an adoptable... Lets just say what little trust for people I had in the first place was SHATTERED by this fucking terrible person.
I almost hope they get an alert that I removed them. Just so they know that I still remember and am still very offended about all that nonsense that went down.

Again, not trying to be one of those assholes or anything.. But it was just such a stupid thing. I really thought I had done my research on the person too. They looked super trustworthy on site with all their interactions.. But I was wrong. I was dead wrong.
I know I should get over it. But after seeing their profile picture pop up on my page it flared everything back up again and I fucking lost my shit.

EDIT: For those that don't know what I'm talking about...I posted first about it here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 6&p=497645
And again here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... start=6620

Novikova

I don't think you found like a brat. Anyone would be justifiably angry. Is she willing to give you a refund at least? If not, I'd report her. Maybe see if you can contact the payment service and see what can be done.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Novikova wrote:I don't think you found like a brat. Anyone would be justifiably angry. Is she willing to give you a refund at least? If not, I'd report her. Maybe see if you can contact the payment service and see what can be done.
Its been sooo long that I couldn't ask for the rest back. But I did have to fight tooth and nail for even a small bit of a refund. I mean, the gif finally was 'finished' (I wouldn't call it finished though. It was slapped together at the end so I would stop bugging them). So I kinda understand not getting the full refund thing. But then there is the whole 'how long the wait was, how many excuses there was, and how much chasing down there had to be' that IMO kinda justifies a refund too. IDK though.
I'm mostly just mad they had the audacity to make any sort of contact with me after all that BS, even if it was just accepting an old friend request.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Unfortunately, people don't get removal alerts :c (or fortunately, I guess? I'm not really sure on the goods and bads of this for a number of reasons l-lol)

But nah you don't sound spoiled to me, and you have a perfectly valid reason to be pissed off about the whole thing.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Decided to finally level a new team, or try anyway. My attention span wanders and I leave the job half-done. Still, I picked three dragons I really like, and began levelling in them.

I've been stuck in the 7-8/9 area for an hour now. @-@ the mobs dodge nearly everything, and crit way too often. I can't level a team if I can't hit anything in the coli... Think I'll leave it for today at this rate. :/
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Kayro wrote:Decided to finally level a new team, or try anyway. My attention span wanders and I leave the job half-done. Still, I picked three dragons I really like, and began levelling in them.

I've been stuck in the 7-8/9 area for an hour now. @-@ the mobs dodge nearly everything, and crit way too often. I can't level a team if I can't hit anything in the coli... Think I'll leave it for today at this rate. :/
If you want, Kay, you can toss them over my way and I can level them up a bit. I'm not entirely sure how much I'll level them, but :lol:

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

/notices Satoshi would look perfect with paint
/can't snipe worth shit, doesn't have treasure for it anyways
/cries forever

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

bleh really don't like the new gene, never understood the hype over it to begin with.( at least there are swords, lovely beautiful swords)