Flight Rising Rant Thread

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Novikova »

Me too. I know that feeling. >>

Also, is my internet fail or is FR being slow?
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I really need to stay out of general chat, the idiots running the I don't want kids are pissing me off. GREAT you don't want kids don't have them ( doesn't take a genius to figure out that one) but don't you freaking dare try and judge those of us who do then expect us to respect you, respect is a two way street and if you are to fucking dumb to realize that then please do not ever procreate.

k rant over I can breathe now

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Ever since the announcement of new colours I've been scavenging in the hopes of hoarding eggs for when they're released. So far I've found one. Most would be happy but I NEED MORE DAMMIT.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Varethyn wrote:Ever since the announcement of new colours I've been scavenging in the hopes of hoarding eggs for when they're released. So far I've found one. Most would be happy but I NEED MORE DAMMIT.
I've only found 2 eggs in the years I've been on the site. :( RNG hates me.

My rant: I need so many pie/paint genes it's ridiculous. I feel like I'll never finish. :|
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

WHY are all the older dragons i find these days all females! ?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Another new gene comes out. The only pair I want to put it on is already on a nest due tomorrow and they won't be RTB for another month. I still haven't given anyone peregrine yet.
I need to stop being picky with my dragons' genes.
Last edited by Varethyn on Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Well its impossible to snipe if thats any consolation? I even got discount but cant i snipe one.. nooooo

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

So somewhere along the line I decided I'd be looking at my novel idea and, to help with creativity, I'd put the characters on fr to help me

I then came up with a few character designs. One of which is a GenOne. She will need facet and glimmer scrolls. She also needs cherub, which is going to be fun to get. Considering I made a load of gems but spent it on gearing up some dragons with fancy apparel, I don't think I'll be getting this done any time soon.

*facedesks*
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

I've been scouring the entirety of FR for a mate for my obs/crim/obs G1 girl and finally, last night, I find one. Only to have missed its auction by a few minutes as the auctioneer didn't ping the G1 ping list, nor did they have the auction running for more than a few hours. I've messaged the purchaser to see if they'd re-sell for more, but no such luck. I really feel like flipping tables now. Like this week needed to get any worse. /sigh

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I really need to stop buying apparel... I have to be saving up for certain genes, but I'm coming up short. x.x I need multiple glimmers and now I'm interested in this new one. Plus one shimmer and one iridescent. ARG

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

74 cherub on the mp .. first sighting i have of the gene.. i click it.. and gone :( - bah i give up on sniping.. i get it when i get it.

Novikova

1) LAIR EXPANSIONS SO EXPENSIVE. D:

2) Look. I'm not a fan of the Plague flight's theme or aesthetic (or some of the SO GORY edgelords - but those tend to exist in any RP or fantasy space). I've seen flesh melting illnesses RL and it's just - not something I care to be reminded of (sure, I cleaned lots of wounds but that's not something I wanna think about in my spare time). But saying we should get rid of the Plague flight is kinda mean. Some people like that theme. I don't. So I'm not in it! Easy. I may collect things for RoR to give friends or if I like one, but it's not like the holiday jumps out and punches your dragons.

3) Making fun of someone's phobia and calling them weak for disliking certain motifs in the RoR skins is pretty crappy, too. It is not 'pussification' to have a freaking PHOBIA or ask not to be shown something. Come on now.

In other news, I think I'll be happiest sticking to only positive threads. I was just sort of debating staying nature or going water/shadow while I have my freebie. But nature theme fits my personality so well - even if we seem to have some massive donglords on the forums...

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Novikova wrote:3) Making fun of someone's phobia and calling them weak for disliking certain motifs in the RoR skins is pretty crappy, too. It is not 'pussification' to have a freaking PHOBIA or ask not to be shown something. Come on now.
Are you running into those people who think that trypophobia isn't a thing? -.- Or that minor cases of trypophobia should be jeered at?
Like come the fuck on guys, my trypophobia extends to the point that I don't like seeing lots of clustered holes in flesh-looking things because it reminds me of burrowing parasites and that freaks me the fuck out but that doesn't mean that my phobia is lesser than someone who can't stand clusters of holes at all.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I love Plague and everything about it; I would be so angry if they got rid of it. Plus, it has a purpose in the lore. You need rot and decay to bring forth new life. I understand people not liking that kind of stuff, but like you said, don't choose that flight and don't go looking at stuff related to the Plague flight.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Novikova

I honestly wouldn't care if they got rid of it but I'm not the boss of what's in or not. And yeah, that's one of the phobias. Someone else freaked about maggots.

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Well they locked the plague discussion thread, probably to silence those who are trying to combat the "let's be offended by everything" crowd. I am not a gore and such person, but I would rather see blood then pussy things . I think people who are that squeamish should just not look, or be prepared for the consequences. Personally I cannot stand vomit, makes me ill to even think about it ( even the damned rainbow vomit gifs), but I realize it is my problem and I just move past it instead of punishing everyone else.

Novikova

Yeah. I try not to look at those things. I was pretty traumatized when they showed us someone with flesh eating bacteria. His finger was literally melting away. It - yeah. Just, no thanks. But it just kinda weirds me out to say to get rid of a whole flight. I mean, technically, arcane isn't really an *element* per se. Oh well. People are strange.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I LOOVE plague for being gorey and messy.. i would not know where to go if they closed my flight :( I sadly also fear that the ppls reaction will mean that the lesser scary and gorey accent will not be chosen which i personally think suuxs..

edit totally unrealted.. almost 1.4 million treasure down the drain... ohh i wish gems were cheaper!!

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Plague is a great aesthetic, personally. Yes, small clusters of holes do make me feel uncomfortable (when I was younger I hate looking at crumpets....although that maybe was a childhood thing) but if an accent like that gets through I won't get it. Like come on people. It's a sight with plague as a flight. It goes alongside nature. You get rid of plague and nature doesn't have that part of them.

I see one cool skin (like some robot/plague mix for Imp males) and I so desperately want it to get through but I bet you it won't. People are already asking for a print of it anyway, and if the staff see that they won't put it through, so they can make more money from gems being brought instead. >.> Plus, it's going to sound horrid, but it'd too good of a quality to really get through, if you know what I mean? Festival accents and skins have a certain quality about them, and this one does surpass that.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I'm honestly tired to death of the Plague Flight arguments.

It's always going to be up to the owners of the website.
Anything anyone says, be it for, or against, most likely, means nothing.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."