Flight Rising Rant Thread

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Arthur »

Kayro wrote:Sometimes I compliment people's dragons on their user pages. 95% of the time, I get a thank you. If I get one, I say thank you and give a compliment back.

The other 5% of the time I'm ignored. If you're shy that's fine, but if I can see you aren't by the fact of how active you are, I will get grumpy if the compliment is not thanked for. I got grumpy at one person and deleted my compliment, considering the other people who'd left compliments didn't get replied to either.

Like, am I coming across as creepy by leaving compliments? @-@ I always thought it was a nice thing to do, personally.
I don't think you sound creepy. I get really happy when I see someone has posted a compliment on my page, it happens rarely. It's fun to visit their lair and give a comment back, to me!
Some people are just.. rude. I leave comments every once and a while, half of them are ignored. Lmao..

I wouldn't let the non-responders change your attitude though. Keep spreading the love. It probably makes a lot of people smile.. 'v'
<3

Small 'rant'..

I need to get a device, that will have something to come out my computer and hit me whenever I go to buy dragon. I need to stop! I will buy it then I will get anxious about my lair space. Stop doing it!

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

I'm going to be honest, I try to reply to all comments on my page. I adore seeing them, but I'm only human and sometimes may forget. That's not me intentionally trying to be rude. So I apologize if I've ever done that to anyone here. I really hope I haven't. :oops:

As for my rant... I just finally found a skin on the AH that I've been looking so long for this weekend! The artist has been on what was thought to be a permanent hiatus and hasn't been able to be reached by anyone for over a year. So, I shelled out several thousand gems for it when I saw it on the AH. Then, as my luck would have it, the artist suddenly comes back without warning this week and releases a new batch of all the old skins and accents at normal price. FML.....

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

"That's the end of the discussion. Anything else is meaningless whining. "

*Slams face against desk.* It wasn't even directed at me and I still want to slap this person. Hoooooooly shit.

Siggy under construction!

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Wow. I'd take a rolled up news paper to them, too.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Great.. now they are taking polls to close up gorey and blood accent, bios and "scary" dragon names...

siigh i will miss you plague if its suddenly gets children rated.... and all my wonderful scary and spooky accent. .siigh..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

People are taking this whole kid-friendly thing too far...if you don't like an accent, don't stare at it enough to write a rant about it. For the bios...If a bio scares you, here's a tip people:

Don't keep reading the bio.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

If i wasn´t afraid off banning i would totally write a post with the text " The bloodiest bloody dragons with the color of blood"

Its super silly.. Plague are SUPPOSED to be scary, gorey and filled with diseases... sigh... I hope they dont go kid rating on us

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I don't understand where this sudden "Plague needs to be made PC" crowd came from. =/ It really upsets me that the admins would even consider listening to these petulant whiners about a flight that is supposed to be gross. Plague flight is representative of the death that brings life. Have they never seen a decaying body of any sort? It's pretty damned gross looking. If you don't like Plague and it's gross attributes and "scary stuff" then don't go looking for it! Nobody is forcing you to like/embrace it. You're not required to stare at/read these gross things and then go get offended at it. So sick of fucking social justice warriors and the PC crowd plaguing the internet these days; it's why I left tumblr.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I agree soo much Tyger.. and I am not on Tumblr.. just reading the fr stuff. .Worst of it is that there already have been some censuring going on which i think is stupid..

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

I almost feel like crying, which is stupid as hell of me.
Feel free to ignore this I just really need to get it out. It's stupid and honestly seems a bit selfish of me but whatever I guess.

I log on today and see a huge outburst about blood. I go to see what it's about.. And it's people saying the word blood has been censored. That you can't even use it in a topic post. Panicking, I go to check to see what's going on.. And find out much to my relief that it is indeed not the case, but a huge misunderstanding.
The post from the admin was stating there were waaaaaaaay too many threads in the Suggestion Forum running all at once about the blood/gore issue with Skins and accents. They wanted to clean things up, like they did with the photoshop threads. Though there were a few users hassling one of the staff to the point where a board that might not have been closed did get closed.
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd ... t_14607119 - More about the whole confusion with the word being censored, and how it isn't actually being censored.

The problem I am having now, and it's almost bringing me to tears which again is dumb... Is that I fear that all my hard work (which i guess isn't hard work but it feels like it because I feel so passionate about it) is that this board right here http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1550818, where I am asking the staff to cut some slack to the Skin and Accent makers is going to be for nothing now. That all this nonsense rising up from a misunderstanding of cleaning up and stopping users from hassling an admin is going to ruin any chances of the staff looking at the issue that I was so sickened by.
I do not like gore. It scares me. It makes me sad. It makes me cry when I see something hurt.
But I do not agree with little splotches of red, drips of red and other creative NON SUFFERING works of blood/gore being rejected because of the suddenly tightened rules.
I had been watching the Skins/Accents problem thread for a long time before I posted my board. Every time I saw the issue of something being rejected because "too much red" or "Looks like it's suffering because it's bleeding", I'd grit my teeth because it was clear that these things were not suffering. That the rules were just crazy strict. Finally I got fed up and made my board asking for things to be changed.

But now? Now that everyone is making a huge fuss of "WE CAN'T SAY THE WORD BLOOD OMG SAVE YOUR BIOS, SAVE YOUR KIDS, SAVE YOUR WIFE", the main issue at hand that started all this in the first place will be overlooked, ignored, ridiculed and tossed aside. And it's just not fair. It's not fair to any one. I feel like any chance that we had at swaying the admins mind to allow T-rated blood/gore and allow the creativity that matches the site's current content is gone now. That we've screwed ourselves over and lost everything.

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Arthur »

Can we not start the "fucking SJW/tumblr" stuff again? Not all of us are radicals who want to ruin everything for everyone.

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I never said everyone was.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Arthur »

You basically said SJWs are a plague to the internet, so

..It just felt kinda hurtful is all. sorry
Last edited by Arthur on Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Scarlet wrote:You basically said SJWs are a plague to the internet, so
I have addons that replace SJW with skeletons and political correctness with treating people respectfully. It makes this whole thing a lot more tolerable.

Most people don't realize that a lot of the 'Rabid SJWs' are often troll accounts or very young users. Or that the pearl clutching THINK OF THE CHILDREN was a lot more huge in the late 80s through a good chunk of the 90s.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Arthur »

Yeah, the trolls always make people think the worst of all of them. It's just.

I'm not against Plague in any form. I'm just tired of SJW being blamed for... Literally everything? I don't really know how to explain it. *shrug* I'll just shut up. I'm probably just going to piss people off. Sorry.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

I.. I hope I didn't just add to this with my post. If I did, I am sorry. It was not my intention.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I agree with you about the SJW thing, Scarlet. A lot of "sjw" (the ones who aren't trolls or trying to start fights) tend to be minority too, which is a bit.... mmmm.

Anyways, I don't understand why the hell people are throwing a fit. Younger kids may play FR but in this day and age? Unless they are horribly sheltered, I assure you, they know what the fuck some adult stuff is. I was definitely not innocent when I was younger thanks to the internet. And FR is a TEEN RATED SITE FOR FUCKS SAKE. The fact that they coddle us like toddlers on there already is a pain in my ass as is.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

We'll have to agree to disagree. :) I've seen plenty of SJWs and PC people that are adults. It's not just a young person or minority thing.

Don't like scars and bleeding and decay? Don't go look at Plague's stuff, simple as that. Why does it have to be taken away from the people who picked that flight because they enjoy its creepy nature?

Lots of my family and friends post stuff on Facebook that I either hate seeing, don't like, or sometimes am afraid of, but I never make a move to tell them to go take it down. I scroll past it and move on. If I see something I don't like on another site, I close the page or move away from it. Perhaps I'll read something I disagree with to have another view point or confirm why I don't agree with it. I always choose free speech and for everyone to have their opinion, but just because you disagree with something doesn't mean you get to have it your way. That's how life works.

[/center]
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Arthur »

I'll agree with the disagreement idea and shut up on it.

But -- About Plague.. Honestly, it's not fucking Neopets. It's a T-Rated website.
It. It has Fantasy Violence right on the rating card.

It's drawn. It's written. It's FICTION.

Now, If it was someone trying to post pictures of real humans or animals in these kind of situations I could see!
But it isn't the case.

Honest some of the neatest clans with coolest made up lore have been Plague flighters and some of them are members from this website.

I always wish for people to not fight and just enjoy the game but it seems like something is always wrong and it makes me feel very sad.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I agree that if people were posting excessive pictures of stuff from real life that would be crossing a line.

[/center]