Flight Rising Rant Thread

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Aleu »

I... really want to know where all of this suddenly came from. (Could someone PM with a more detailed explanation? I really do want to know) This is what... the third Riot of Rot we've had and I don't remember people complaining before???????

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Aleu wrote:I... really want to know where all of this suddenly came from. (Could someone PM with a more detailed explanation? I really do want to know) This is what... the third Riot of Rot we've had and I don't remember people complaining before???????
Really boggled me too. I'm avoiding the drama threads over on FR because I don't want to get involved, but it does seem silly to me that all of a sudden people are going to throw a fit about Plague.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

The rules were changed a while back. The last two RoR were before the rules were changed to not allow things to look like they are suffering, thus not allowing blood.
There was no official announcement of when this rule was changed and is very hard to find the first instance of it happening. For a while though, the first few RoR being a great example, gore and blood was allowed. That's why the past RoR stuff hasn't had any problems like this, because of the sudden and pretty much silent rule change.

I don't even think the rules are posted anywhere. It only comes up when something is rejected for too much blood.

Siggy under construction!

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I think there were changes a long while ago. I suspect people are just speaking up more about it.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Novikova

Also, my own rant. STOP MATRIX DODGING. YOU'RE A FLYTRAP.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Mumble... ppl pms me about changing my dragons apparel, accent and bios :( (examples will come in the show dragon thread)

How can a FICTIVE dragon made of pixel suffer? Its like your wow character being accused of being a mass murderer because you grind (insert humanoid dungeon here) for items... Its super silly. If plague stuff makes you uncomfortable do what Kayro suggested.. dont look at it :P

Plus suffering is a part of nature. I doubt those animals getting killed by predators in the wild enjoys it? Its not uncommon that a predator will eat a pray alive and that it slowly dies .. its cruel yes, but it DOES happen. and after all FR´s art of blood and disease is already very mild. Its nothing compared to well real life. .. i never enjoy having the flu thats for sure.. even though i doubt you can call it suffering?

Its pixel art and not very graphic pixelart... siigh :roll:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Last night I saw the Diamond Talonclasp necklace up with Swipp. Decided I'd buy another platinum piece so I had enough, which wasn't too much at all. I went back to the trade and I missed it by around ten seconds.

Ten.

And then, while hoard selling what I got from digging today I sold the platinum. *headesks* no diamond talonclasp for me anytime soon!
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Tårnfalk wrote:Mumble... ppl pms me about changing my dragons apparel, accent and bios :( (examples will come in the show dragon thread)

How can a FICTIVE dragon made of pixel suffer? Its like your wow character being accused of being a mass murderer because you grind (insert humanoid dungeon here) for items... Its super silly. If plague stuff makes you uncomfortable do what Kayro suggested.. dont look at it :P

Plus suffering is a part of nature. I doubt those animals getting killed by predators in the wild enjoys it? Its not uncommon that a predator will eat a pray alive and that it slowly dies .. its cruel yes, but it DOES happen. and after all FR´s art of blood and disease is already very mild. Its nothing compared to well real life. .. i never enjoy having the flu thats for sure.. even though i doubt you can call it suffering?

Its pixel art and not very graphic pixelart... siigh :roll:
Report them for harassment this has gotten out of hand and tell them if they don't like to f'off and stay out of your lair

Novikova

Look, I have no desire to get involved in this plague flight stuff. I don't hate people, I don't want people to be harassed. I'm just unwell and frankly, I'm not really a big fan of plague's stuff. It doesn't affect me. I'm not going after anyone. I am not the boss of things people get to like or don't like.

I am not 'the fucking bane of the internet' because I really don't care about protesting things related to this whole business. I am unwell, broke and dealing with psychiatric med changes. I wish people wouldn't harass other people. I do think it's polite to make a note if your materials are bound to trigger common phobias or PTSD issues.

I am happy in my naturey, or future watery or whatever othery home. Plague is not my jam in any way shape or form. And I would sure freaking hope that's okay.

Edit: This isn't about folks on here, but man, people get worked up on game forums.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

trying to nab any of the new rogue apparels (especially the dusk, contrast, and tanned ones) is either going to end in my death or me throttling someone

I absolutely hate restocking -.-

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Novikova

Yeah, I hate that stuff is shotgunned in to the market. :( I really like the purples and blues, but I swear some people have internets made of pure fire.

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Ugh. I'm pretty much guarunteed the boy Wildclaw I want (Ty Tarn ilu ;_;), but the girl is going to prove muuuuuch more difficult. I can't find anything like her on the AH, and anything that's close would have to be re-gened.

The BEST I can find right now is a WC boy that's blue/obs/obs, so I'd have to buy him some girl to breed with...

He's f*#$ing 300k treasure. Seriously?
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Site down for anyone else? Getting bad gateway errors.:(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Yup its down for me too

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

In the middle of a transaction and the site dies. F-U.... /sigh

On another note, I'm getting really damn sick of all the plague-flight hate going around lately. I haven't had anyone harass me personally yet, but if someone tries, I will immediately report them for harassment and slap them promptly on my block list. Normally I'm a very nice person, but in this case, I'm going to have to say: Go fly a kite! If it's not your thing, then stay the hell out of my lair. I'm not going to take any crap from anyone.

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Novikova

I think their optimization attempts blew things up.

Also I am so broke after buying battlestones. I hope this works out.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

If it's not Plague hate that's being tossed around, it's Shadow hate because people can't let insignificant things go it seems -.-
I'm still seeing small whining posts every once in awhile about the "stunt" Shadow pulled at the Beach Party dom battle like ????? holy shit guys that was forever ago pls

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

I always feel horrible every time I enter into a G1 auction and see a fellow Petopian also going after the same one. I apologize in advance if anyone here goes after any obsidian/red-range or black-range/red-range/gold-range Gen Ones. I really don't mess around when it comes to those colors (as they are the only ones I collect). I will do whatever it takes to get them. So I do apologize whole-heartedly. Everyone has something they love in the game and those colors are definitely mine. :hug:

EDIT: I've also decided to level another 3 dragons to level 25. I may be crazy. The first three took forever. Hopefully it goes better the second time around? Here's hoping! :lol:

EDIT II: My sniping foo isn't as good as it used to be. I'm having no luck sniping any of the new crimson rogue gear. I may have to break down and buy them off the AH. Ugh. There goes the money I've been trying to save up for RoR. :(

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Could they please introduce a swip all button??

sooo many clicks!!

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

My rant: blue goo DOES NOT EXIST. I want to make the pink eye wear. I've been trying for MONTHS to make blue goo. This is getting really old. :|