Pinkerlock Challenge: A Quest to Explore New Worlds

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Pinkerlock Challenge: A Quest to Explore New Worlds

Unread post by Syleye »

So I convinced the husband to do a pinkerlock challenge with me. It will be a fun bonding time.

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Pinkerlock Challenge: A Quest to Explore New Worlds

Unread post by Syleye »

Day 1: Image
Our brave explorers are as follows:
1. Image
Victor
2.Image
Luxanna
3.Image
Deanna

* The item is ornate pearly necklace, if anyone has any ideas on how to fix visibility please let me know
Last edited by Syleye on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh looking forward to another exiting read!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Whee it's great to see more people trying this! I look forward to seeing how your gang gets on :) And if either of you have questions about the Pinkerlocke don't hesitate to PM me; I'll do my best to answer.

As an aside... gosh darn it I can't see your item D:

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Varethyn wrote:Whee it's great to see more people trying this! I look forward to seeing how your gang gets on :) And if either of you have questions about the Pinkerlocke don't hesitate to PM me; I'll do my best to answer.

As an aside... gosh darn it I can't see your item D:
Thanks Vare, I have a high bar to reach with yours but mainly I hope to have fun. I have really enjoyed how the random elements help guide the story.

Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Yes, the random elements of the Pinkerlocke and how they guide the story is what really appeals to me as well. Can't wait to see what you do with this, Syl! I love the way Victor looks, I can't wait to find out what he's like as a personality!
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Day 2: Image
A meaty Lovebird which equates to 40 rounds in the coli

Our inquisitive adventurers struck out across an open field in search of items and food that may help them upon their journey. Unfortunately Victor stumbled his way into a nest being occupied by some very irate Emerald Webwings. The pair attacked him viciously and though he fought back, the surprise of the attack caused a rather nasty break to his right wrist. Several hours later the trio came across a Death's Head fawn shivering in the grass, Luxanna and Victor observed it curiously as they went on by but Beverly just couldn't bear to to leave the helpless baby to the elements and gathered it up gently and placed it in a pack with some warm feathers from her wings.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Aww poor Victor!! On my computer the image does not work.. but it does on my mobile..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Day 3: Seafood from Pinkerton ( apparently he wants us well fed) it's a bluegill.

Dawn greeted our explorers with a cool breeze blowing across the Zephyr Steppes bringing the promise of a storm. Luxanna, always being one to consider comfort, suggested to Victor that they should hurry across the rest of the field in order to reach the forest in the distance before the rain came. Victor, despite being in pain from the previous day's battles, agreed and after a slight delay while Beverly made sure her new friend was adequately fed, they started on their way. The steppes seemed full of annoying insects this morning that were constantly bombarding the group. Still they pressed on not wanting to be caught up in what was looking to be a rather nasty gift from the Storm Caller.

Late afternoon found them at the edge of the forest that separated the Windsinger’s domain from his sister. Even from this distance, they could taste the smoky air. They entered the dark woods and moments later, the first drops began to fall as lightning danced across the sky. After ousting, a flock of Wildwood owls and some stranglers the explorers made a shelter in a thicket to wait out the storm.

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Day 4: Burlap Hood

Today is a day for rest and healing while are explorers wait out the storm

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Day 5: Scholar battle stone
rolled tails so the fates are saving the explorers for one more day

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Day 6: Material: Wavespun Cloth

Story Time: The Explorers

Victor was born in the mysterious realm of the Tidelord. His father and mother were part of little colony of water Faes that were either born to or called to the Tidelord’s waters. His parents had a brief attraction that resulted in him and his brother being hatched. Victor’s mother held high hopes for her sons. She felt that Victor especially would become a great oracle. He had other plans. He felt awkward as a hatchling listening to prophecies. He believed there had to be a better way to explain why things happened. Upon reaching his full growth, Victor set out on his own in search of other clans and communities that could help him satisfactorily explain the unknown.

He came to rest on the steppes just south of the Sea of a Thousand Currents. There he sought shelter and inadvertently stumbled across two other travelers also settling in for the evening. The group decided to share the shelter of the reeds for the evening. Curling up with Beverly under the mighty wings of the guardian Luxanna, Victor drifted off to sleep feeling more at home than ever.

Luxanna is on her search. Like all guardians, she has a strong urging to find that one thing in life she is destined to watch over. She hatched out with a sister and brother. They have since been called to serve the various deities. Despite the great honor bestowed upon them, she feels the best honor is yet to come, and it will of course happen to her. Luxanna has a tendency towards being self-centered and much prefers the finer things life has to offer. She is positive that her ward will wind up being either a very important creature or a rare and beautiful artifact. Luxanna found Beverly shivering in the currents barley able to keep afloat. Annoyed but determined not to let the silly wildclaw drown she picked her up and had settled in some reeds with her to dry off before being interrupted by a flitting little fae.

Beverly is the only offspring of her parents and she sadly feels she will be the last. She was born a runty weak little thing. Many of the clans wildclaws were sure she would pass in the night yet she survived and everyday she survived she became a little stronger. As a hatchling she developed a disturbing habit of bringing random animals back to the clans home. She is constantly trying to save everything and had set up a small nesting nursery for the injured. Her father hoped this meant that she would not be totally useless and developing healing skills, but Beverly had no real desire to help other dragons as she felt they had turned their tails on her when she was suffering and needed support. It was the desire to save other beings that found the wildclaw distressed and splashing around in the sea. She had been trying to rescue and injured Java Sparrow that was huddled on a cliff edge. She lost her footing and fell many feet into the water.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

It's good to see some backstory for the team. I look forward to seeing how they get along and how RNG life treats them :)

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Day 7: Trinket : Jar of Vapors
So here's some quick art of Victor

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ohh ohh ohh i looooove his art!!!!