Flight Rising Rant Thread

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Sy, you're not alone. To me right now,my lair feels like a mess, and I'm pretty frustrated with it. I usually sell dragons for a very low price just to make them move. My reasoning is a little money is better than none, and so I whittle away like that. It takes forever. I have so many unfinished projects that feel like they will never get done. Not too long ago, I accidentally removed a gem gene from a noc of mine, and I wound up exalting her out of frustration. I have not been able to find her former mate a new one, as the colors are sort of an odd combo. So yea, whoops. :/ Just try to take things in baby steps, make small goals, and revamp if you feel you need to. Sometimes a new beginning is just what the Dr. orders. If I can help, holler.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I love my lair and my 95 project dragons. ..its an utter chaos in there but I like that i have stuff to do. I get frustrated when i cantt find someone who will sell their dragon to me...and sometimes i want to spite exalt some of my dragons. . But I always think twice..
The market is soo stupid.. i exalt A LOT!
Hugs and hope you find your fr way..:hug: for what it is worth i love ve your lair and your art is stunning!!!

My little rant..
Come on male 6 digit obs/obs red or carmine owners i got money. .let me bye your semistarving dragon!!!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Ah you 2 are great, new beginnings are in order, now to see if I have the patience to let my nests hatch or boon them so I can jump flights :)

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Dude, I have like, the most eclectic lairs ever. :lol: I have dragons that make combos no one is generally interested. I've learned to be okay with that. I have the dragons I have because *I* like them. I have dragons with all sorts of crazy colors because I can't just conform to one color style.

If it's something that continues to frustrate you then a possible break from the game is in order. :) Starting fresh is always an option too if you feel like that's something you really want to do. Perhaps wait out your nests though that way you know for sure it's a decision you really want to make? If you make that choice on a whim and then regret it later you'll be coughing up a fair amount of gems to change back.

Too many project dragons and selling dragons for super cheap to make them move and not really liking doing coli/fairgrounds keeps me from earning the funds I need to gene said dragons is why I'm doing a current lair purge. A lot of those guys have just been sitting around and not being bred because I don't like their current genes or am kind of over the babies they produce. Plus I'm tired of not having space. >_<

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I will never understand why people feel the need to be snotty little hose-beasts when you ask a simple question that does no harm

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I really need to clean out my lair.

But I don't want to get rid of most/any of my dragons.

Some of them I spent scrolls on! I'll never get anything like that much back for them, since no one cares about genes released six months ago... *bitterness*

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

- sneaks into your lair and steals : Natharius (but i guess he is your progren ? :), I also want to steal Huitzilpochtli and Sylirrith (6 digit id too) . Plus you got a whole bunch of nice 7 digit dragons too!! Nothing sells atm especially due to the announcement of the new colors... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My rant :

Siiigh no luck in finding a low id x/rust/rust female

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Haha yeeahh, Nate's my progen, named after my DK on WRA. Huiz I bought a gene and a breedchange for and Syl... is my avi dergin and you can't has her. XD I dunno, does anyone really want 7s?

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

7 digits can go for a bit, if they're under the 3mil range as far as I'm aware. I don't really pay mind to anything above 6 digit anymore so I'm not a good say on how that market is right now.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

siiigh... can i rant about having my last two post (not counting today) not being commented on... I really try to make an effort to make just a little short comment on other ppls dragons.. and when i put a lot of work and effort into dragons and then nothing...

im probably just sensitive today (that time of month) but it kinda made me sad :(

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Tarn, I love seeing your babies. I tend to comment when I post.

Anyone else not able to connect to the site?
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Tarn, I also enjoy seeing your new dragons and what you've done with older ones. I simply hadn't had the time or energy to comment thanks to the employment course I'm doing. A lot of people here also tend not to comment at all or only on the page they post on. I doubt you're being missed on purpose :hug:

Dew, odd I've been able to connect fine all day. If it still doesn't work try resetting your router, that's what fixed my connection problems a while back.

Think I ran into one of those jerks who demands stupid prices for dragons of interest. I've been trying to get a few triple pairs to breed for the new colours, currently trying to get a triple spring mate for a triple leaf girl I managed to grab for cheap. I'd prefer it to be an imp as the girl is a nocturne and I feel those two would be more sought after due to being limited. Of course no triple springs imps are available on the AH but managed to find someone who recently bred some. Sent an inquiry... they want 200k for him :/ Maybe I'm just being stingy I don't know, cos I can easily afford it right now. Plus having sniped two triple leaves and a triple forest for between 7k and 20k I guess I'm a bit spoiled in that regard. But spring isn't exactly the most sought-after colour out there especially in iri/shim/gembond. Look at most other triples on the AH: the highest minimum price I found for colours with more than two different breeders was 35k. So it can't just be because of the new colours hype.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I know its not intentionally... just sometimes it makes me sad..

some ppl are asking ripe prices for triples now for some reason :/

Also new gene rant: For me it only seems to work on certain breeds and mostly on x/y/x dragons...of which i own none :?

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Kind of irked for my hubby today. He's been looking for the perfect mate for one of his dragons and finally found one that someone was willing to sell. He sends them a polite PM asking if they'd be interested in selling and sends a CR offer their way too. Telling them to go ahead and accept or deny, whichever they wish and that he understands either way and thanks them for their time and consideration. They take the time to write him back today on the CR and tell him that they are happy to sell the girl to him and thank him for his message. He goes to accept and they have exalted said dragon.....

I really hope that was a mistake and not someone trying to troll. It really upset him. :(

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ohh that suuuuxs :( Really hope it was a mistake too!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Sorry Tarn, been staying with my aunt and busy with work and school so I haven't been able to get on and comment

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I sent the person I was trying to buy the triple spring imperial boy from a friendly message to see if they were willing to go any lower, to which they replied that they sold consistently for between 200k-300k and would take no lower than 150k for him. I needed to think about it so I said that I needed to grind a bit to get enough for him, hoping perhaps another would come along in the meantime, and that they could start up the trade and I'll contribute when ready. Come today there's no trade so I start it up myself and go to visit the AH cos I've been trying to get a mate for the imp I got from Nef a while ago. What do I see but other hatchlings from that same person, and lo and behold they'd put all four of the triple springs up on there for 250k each with two already having sold. I just... if you didn't like selling so much lower you could've just said so you jerk.

One of the boys is still for sale but I don't know whether to risk waiting for them to finally get back to me about him or sod it all and just buy him before someone else does.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ughn sorry to hear it Varethyn... if i had the cash i buy the male for you :hug:

My rant... got two bio writers now... BOTH are super slow.. in my world it does NOT take more than a week to write ONE bio :(

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Tarn, not everyone has the ability to sit all day at the computer either and you have high standards for what you want in your bios. ;) That's why I haven't offered to do them right now because it very well *might* take me over a week to write one because I want the writing to be good, need to do some planning with it, plus work and go to school and make sure my homework is done. And the school and work ones come before bios for a pixel dragon.

[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh true.. im picky.. but still hatd to have yo bug ppl every week and a half to ask how its coming along... prob would not mind as much if they themselves informed me on how long it would take..