Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Novikova »

You're welcome. Glad to help. I should've grabbed more extra skins. ><
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

We need more Lairspace!! OHH my.. so many sales on 6 digits... i could use 10 pages of lair space.. and even more

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I'm just going to copy and paste a bit from my post in the shadow forums because I'm just tired of typing right now after all of this.

And I'm pretty confused.

I run a free to use familiar siggy art thread. You can find it by clicking on my slime in my siggy. (http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/1733153 since it's not here on petopia)
Pretty basic stuff.
Copy the code and paste it where you want it. No charge. No fuss.
To unlock new familiars, there are set goals that need to be reached. That will unlock a new set of familiars for everyone to use for free.
No one is required to give me anything.
Many people don't give anything and that is fine. I don't care. Everything is still free.

Today I got a letter telling me "but it's sort of unfair to charge for FREE signatures. :/ Just advice: you can ask for tips but please, it's somewhat unfair to charge for free art. :)"

...Am I really being unfair? Like legit. Am I? I don't want to be unfair and that was never my intention. Is it unfair to have FREE USE art but also have it on a donate to unlock?

I dont understand why this person even messaged me. Its stupid. It so stupid that I felt the need to plop their message into Drama Rising for like my first ever post there lol. I hate people. Why the hell are they complaining? I dont think I'm doing anything wrong? Maybe I should just pull my 'shop' and delete all the images off of imgur so no one can have any of them. Then they couldnt complain about being unfair any more.
This is why we cant have nice things.

Siggy under construction!

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Bowno, your system is not unfair at all. It's actually VERY generous. There will ALWAYS be people who create problems and whine and think things should just be handed to them. Find strength and grace in how you handle them.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

It's been a further week since I heard from the person asking for one of my dragons, saying it was their dream dragon. I was already almost tempted to exalt it since they broke their side of the deal by selling the pair I'd asked for a hatchling from. I set up a crossroads for him just now and if they don't pick him up for the amount I asked for (20k/25g) by the time the new colours come out, he's gone.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

rant: why does petals still have to be so expensive? :/ I'd love to have more petals dragons, but at this rate....ugh...
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Dewclaw wrote:rant: why does petals still have to be so expensive? :/ I'd love to have more petals dragons, but at this rate....ugh...
I'm with you there. I'd love one or two but they all seem to start at absurdly high rates.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Aye Gems are too inflated now.... its crazy. I´m thankful that i got old skins and eggs to sell because the gems are now over 1:800.. last i saw it was 1:820 which is way way way to high..i can live with 1:680.. but no higher

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

I doubt it will get better, More players, more demand for gems. If people buy them the price will continue to crawl up. Maybe I'm just feeling negative, though.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

yeah I think I may need to sell my WC scroll now :(

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I think the gems will go higher too... too few sellers.. to many buyers..

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Bowno wrote:I'm just going to copy and paste a bit from my post in the shadow forums because I'm just tired of typing right now after all of this.

And I'm pretty confused.

I run a free to use familiar siggy art thread. You can find it by clicking on my slime in my siggy. (http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/1733153 since it's not here on petopia)
Pretty basic stuff.
Copy the code and paste it where you want it. No charge. No fuss.
To unlock new familiars, there are set goals that need to be reached. That will unlock a new set of familiars for everyone to use for free.
No one is required to give me anything.
Many people don't give anything and that is fine. I don't care. Everything is still free.

Today I got a letter telling me "but it's sort of unfair to charge for FREE signatures. :/ Just advice: you can ask for tips but please, it's somewhat unfair to charge for free art. :)"

...Am I really being unfair? Like legit. Am I? I don't want to be unfair and that was never my intention. Is it unfair to have FREE USE art but also have it on a donate to unlock?

I dont understand why this person even messaged me. Its stupid. It so stupid that I felt the need to plop their message into Drama Rising for like my first ever post there lol. I hate people. Why the hell are they complaining? I dont think I'm doing anything wrong? Maybe I should just pull my 'shop' and delete all the images off of imgur so no one can have any of them. Then they couldnt complain about being unfair any more.
This is why we cant have nice things.
Keep your shop going and don't let one hater bring you down. :) What this person fails to realize is that you don't have to offer those sigs at all, let alone offer them for free. Technically you're not charging, you're operating on a donation based system. The more donations you receive, the more free art rewards become accessible.

It's really a good system and I think you should stick with it. :) There's a lot of websites that operate in this fashion. You're doing nothing wrong. Try not to let it bother you. :hug: :hug:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

2 days later and still no action from the person claiming I have their dream dragon. No PMs, no messages on the trade... I sent them one last message telling them to make up their mind. If I don't hear anything by the time I go to bed tonight he's getting exalted. This has gone on far too long. They have plenty of space and have been on recently so there's been no reason not to say something.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I would not have been so patience Vare.. I would soo have chugged them out after a couple of days

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Most people know me for my patience :P Mostly I held onto him this long because they claimed him to be their dream dragon. Which boggled me anyway since it was a fairly common combo with the other zephyr dancer pairs out there.

Follow up from yesterday. I left a message on their clan profile saying that if they didn't reply in any way by the time I logged in the next day I was going to exalt the boy. Log in today to see no notifications but the site was in maintenance cos they broke the hoard and vault so I gave them the benefit of the doubt, assuming they simply hadn't been able to access it yet. 10 minutes later it's back up, still nothing. Check their clan profile... Turns out they've been deleting my messages. Just... wow. The boy is now with Windsinger.

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Woke up to 50+ pings today. My god.....

And I know they were going to disable dragon search, but have I mentioned how completely inconvenient that is when you're only looking for certain colors hatched in these MASSIVE amounts of hatchings? What a pain. -.-

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Hatched a XXY metal/metal/swamp gen one, sold it for 200k. I know doubles are even rarer now but figured it was a good enough price considering the shitty tert.

Sold, and now the buyer is trying to resell for 3kg. Kind of annoyed but whatever. Good luck with that bud.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

bleh my gen 1 luck sucked so bad :(

Sne
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sne »

posted mafia hatchlings.... sooo excausting!!! going to go lay down and yell at my wife to bring me cold beer

Sne is Danish for Snow