Flight Rising Rant Thread

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Novikova »

I should post my obs/obs/emerald coatls. I keep forgetting to. I'm just super pissed I went to buy gems for a fox rat before they poofed and it used an echeck, so NO GEMS FOR ME.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Working towards a wildclaw scroll for Kessana... 450 gems so far and 2 eggs for sale.... slooow process though :shock: :|

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Is it just me or does it seem like it's harder to accrue currency?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Its way harder....

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

And WTH is with the new fish familiars being so freaking expensive?
Am I seeing it correct that the Golden Featherfin is 125,000t & the Silver Featherfin is 95,000???
The freak FR

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Every new "must have" is expensive. It will eventually drop in price i hope.. Unless its a swap item.. then it take longer to do down in price .

Ohh i wish the dragon economy was better :D

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

MP prices don' change, unless you get dom. discount. I had no idea they were that expensive. I guess those, along with MP vistas, will not be something i purchase. :/
zedxrgal

*looks at stockpile of gems*
"It'll be a while before my progens get here. I can toss a scatter scroll on someone. What could it hurt? I'll only do it once."
*picks dragon*
*scatter*
:o :evil:
*scatter*
:x
*rinse repeat*
*scatter, scatter, scatter*
You do not possess the funds to purchase this item.

:o

*snarls at scatter brained dragon*
Look what you made me do!!!! They're gone!
*storms out of lair*

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I kind of lost a lot of interest in this game. I play any of the games, they're not worth grinding. I don't bother trying to sell anything, not even hatchlings, they won't sell anyways. Therefor I don't do any breeding unless Shadow wants to do a dom push. The only thing I ever feel like doing is simply feeding the dragons and gathering. That's it. .-. Like, I feel there's no real reward for anything on this site anymore. Unless I pour real money in it, I'm not getting anything and I really don't want to give them anymore money.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Yeah, same. I've got to where I can produce really lovely dragons but what's the point if they only sell for 3k exalt bait (well, more usually I exalt them myself, why give someone else the money).

But it's just disappointing.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

zedxrgal

I too am finding it really hard to stay engaged in the game. Especially when I have no currency and I really detest farming. The lack of payout running the coli is not really worth while anymore. It was somewhat fine when I would go a battle or so w/out a stitch of loot but when it's fairly constant that nothing is dropped that's a problem. I've reported it many times with no fixed. To come away with a battle with nothing, especially a hard earned win against a Manta or Golem is very anger making. Yes it makes me nerd rage. :oops: And when I do stupid $hit like I did yesterday in spending all my gems it took me FOREVER to accumulate it makes it even more depressing. But I love them so I come back everyday to ensure they're fed.

Sadly I don't even familiar bond anymore. *shrug*

I am however ..................... in the grips of cat scratch fever. MUST HAVE MORE KITTEHS!!!

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I am glad for the cats. I'm just not feeling it so much these days. Even boss mobs in the coli are being hateful. I'm just saving up for a lair expansion. 400k+ treasure. HahahahahAH.

Also, getting 3 infections simultaneously has done nothing for my mood.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Genuinely curious here because I'm very irked by this: Has anyone ever successfully contacted customer support and gotten a name changed on an exalted dragon due to it being very Obscene & Vulgar? I've never ran into anything like this until recently when someone purchased a dragon of mine (priced 100kT mind you) and then exalted it with the name Sodom... WTH. I don't want that name showing on my favorite dragons hatchling list... :/

Also mildly wondering who it was and if I did something to tick them off to do this or if it's just someone trolling. Makes me really wonder why someone would do such a thing. Do they really have 100kT to be throwing around buying dragons, naming them horrible things and exalting? I just wonder. O.o

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I've done that once, Ashaine. And I've had it done when I named someone's dragon something they didn't like and got a warning for it.
Just open a ticket with the ID number of the dragon and an explanation of why it's not a nice name, unless of course it's something like ANALBEAD. I'm sure they can figure it out then ;p

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

There are so many names i dont get why they are allowed... in my world anythingwith Satan should not be an option to name your dragons or have as username.. i dont get why they bought a dragon j st to exalt it..sadly i think Sodom is within "thats not a bad name" as it also is a city in the Bible. I would never name my dragon that though. .
Only time ive ever contacted support about a name was for a username whuch weekend Satanisme or something like that. That username is still out there...i just block it because it really borthers me..

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I don't think they change anything unless it's an actual cuss word. I've reported names I hated seeing in my hatchling list more than once and they never do anything with them (for one it's been over a year...)

I was told 'just prename everything' so... I do.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Sodom, for example, is the name of a thrash metal band I've always loved. To be honest, I would happily name a dragon that, without even giving it a second thought in terms of it offending another person. I see now why it might, but it is possible, Ashaine, that the person honestly meant no ill will. After all, I'm pretty sure many of my dragons have names that people with more sensitive attitudes to things would dislike, but I didn't do it to offend them and rather just like the words a lot. Let's face it, to some people out there (myself included) names like Lucifer, Sodom, Satan, Demon, Baphomet, Devil, Cult, etc. etc. are simply appealing for themselves, without it necessarily having anything to do with being a devil worshiper. :)
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I was seriously offput by someone naming one of my hatchlings 'Nixon'.

It still tweaks me.

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Thank you all for the feedback. I guess I'll just let it be. Doesn't sound like I'd have luck changing it anyway. While I have no problems with devil names, etc., this one just irks me due to the warping of that term. But at least it didn't have a y at the end.

Onto another little rant, I have no idea what to do with my lair. I started to collect Gen 1s last year and even stuck to specific colors, but I'm getting a bit tired of having a lair full of unbreaedabkes. I'm debating whether or not to gene up and breed some or cull.

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Ashaine wrote:Thank you all for the feedback. I guess I'll just let it be. Doesn't sound like I'd have luck changing it anyway. While I have no problems with devil names, etc., this one just irks me due to the warping of that term. But at least it didn't have a y at the end.

Onto another little rant, I have no idea what to do with my lair. I started to collect Gen 1s last year and even stuck to specific colors, but I'm getting a bit tired of having a lair full of unbreaedabkes. I'm debating whether or not to gene up and breed some or cull.
I'm switching to mainly gen 1's I am keeping a few special and or good breeders for fodder and sales. Some of the gen 1 pairs will be bred others probably not. It has renewed my interest and given me something to work for :D