LF Advice Thread

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: LF Advice On [Insert Subject Here] Thread

Unread post by Syleye »

he is so beautiful, such a lucky grab :D iridescent/shimmer/underbelly or runes look great

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Ashaine wrote:Just impulse bought this little G1 bog guy (because I have an obs/red-range G1 collecting habit and he was the first obs/red-range G1 bog I've seen). However, his tert is something I don't normally go for, so I'm drawing a blank on how I should gene him. Anyone have any suggestions? So far I'm pondering Iridescent/Daub/Runes. But I just don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEbWyQ14jhY
I couldn't help myself. :lol: The colors are pretty fitting too.

Um, as for your bog boy, I like him with iri/shim/runes or thylacine, giraffe/hex/underbelly. Glimmer is kind of neat on him too.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Syleye: He was definitely a lucky grab. Thanks for the suggestion! I was kicking around the idea for shimmer too, but I just couldn't decide if it would be too bright.

TygerDarkstorm: Haha. I just couldn't resist the name. ♥ I usually name all my dragons after either my, my husbands, or my friends Wow toons, or failing that after WoW lore characters. I thought this name suitable for this boy with his warlock/fel-colored tert. Too bad he didn't have wind eyes too. Oh well. Thank you for your suggestions!

I've decided on runes for his Tertiary gene (since my best friend gifted me a scroll to use). I'll probably do iridescent for the primary. Still debating on what Secondary gene to use though. Maybe current for the membrane wing look?

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I quite like daub or freckle for his secondary.. make him look dark and handsome :D - Though with facet there IS green hues in it to match the runes.. to bright for me though.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

So, I currently have this pair:

Image Image

And they're going to eventually breed me this boy:

What I'm wondering is, should I breedchange the SD and Noc into plentiful breeds so their cooldown is shorter? Currently they won't be able to breed for another 22 days thanks to the Noc, so this isn't that urgent of a thing, but I don't know if I want to spend 100k on breedchange scrolls, and then have to drop another 250k for a PC scroll when I get the boy with the colors I want :/

I also don't want to wait an entire damn month each time they breed, in the case that they throw a one-egg nest or have a 4-egg nest of all girls or some other type of bullshit RNG I know I'd get somehow. :s

edit;
I should make mention that their range is extremely tight
so it's very possible that I could get the dragon I'm going for on the first try. That's mainly the reason I'm so hesitant to spend 100k on them just for making breed times shorter...
Last edited by Nick on Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Well 90k is not a bad price to pay to get shorter cd... If i was you I think I would breed change them...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Swiftpaw
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Swiftpaw »

Like I said in the show off thread, I got a new Illidan with better colours. I think he's got better ones at least.

My problem is his genes. And breed. I'm thinking of maybe going Bar for his primary, but the secondary has me all confused. Stripes looks good, but so does Daub. Peregrine is nice too and so is Saturn. I just Can't figure out a secondary for him! I'm also torn between keeping him an Imp or changing him into a Skydancer. The glowy Imp horns look cool, but then he'd have two pairs of horns and just.. I'm not sure. Any advice would be super welcome at this point!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I would keep his secondary as it is now or give him spinner. His primary I would go basic or iridescent

Image Image
Last edited by Ana on Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Swiftpaw wrote:Like I said in the show off thread, I got a new Illidan with better colours. I think he's got better ones at least.

My problem is his genes. And breed. I'm thinking of maybe going Bar for his primary, but the secondary has me all confused. Stripes looks good, but so does Daub. Peregrine is nice too and so is Saturn. I just Can't figure out a secondary for him! I'm also torn between keeping him an Imp or changing him into a Skydancer. The glowy Imp horns look cool, but then he'd have two pairs of horns and just.. I'm not sure. Any advice would be super welcome at this point!
I think imp is suiting for an Illidan dragon, especially with the horns/antlers, though I know there's some horn apparel that would work too. He looks good done up pretty basic with iri/shim/runes, as well as with skink/spinner/runes. poi/tox is a neat combo, though maybe a little busy.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

SOlVED - I removed the pictures myself to save room in this thread. Thanks all for the advice :hug: :hug: :hug:
Last edited by Ana on Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I like the X one since it goes with the matchmaker theme dragon a x dragon b=eggs :D
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I like the X one too.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Cool. A lot of work ahead :D .. Poor Syleye :P

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

you are teaching me patience and its fun :D

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Alex: I would go with the shorter cool down myself.
Swiftpaw: That's a tough one. I personally think cherub clashes too much with runes. I would go iridescent as a primary and spinner as a secondary.
Tårnfalk: I would have agreed with the crowd and said the X as well.

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

Anyone have any tips to make treasure? :c I have had no luck selling ANYTHING.Maybe I am mispricing things. What would y'all realistically charge for a usermade accent? any other tips? I'm near flat broke and getting desperate.

P.S Sorry it's not dragons, but its' FR related so I hope it's okay to ask.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Peridot wrote:Anyone have any tips to make treasure? :c I have had no luck selling ANYTHING.Maybe I am mispricing things. What would y'all realistically charge for a usermade accent? any other tips? I'm near flat broke and getting desperate.

I coli and hoard sell, make a nice bit of change when I spend some time

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Peridot wrote:Anyone have any tips to make treasure? :c I have had no luck selling ANYTHING.Maybe I am mispricing things. What would y'all realistically charge for a usermade accent? any other tips? I'm near flat broke and getting desperate.

I've outright made 1mil treasure just by selling all my baldwin gunk. But then again, I'm only level 8 so there's nothing of importance that I want to make right now anyways.

I don't dabble in UM accents all that often so I can't help in that regard unfortunately D:

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Best way to make money to me is to grind during the festival. This festival i grinded 4000 festival coins which i sold for a mixture of gems and treasure. And then you got all the other stuff which you can sell.

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

This adorable little Fae girl is already proving to be quite the puzzle. I'd already had a plan for her place in the clan - magical little courier! Uses wind magic to carry packages ten times her size!
But figuring out her apparel and name was going to be a lot tougher. I eventually decided on a combination of Copper Steampunk and a Sylvan set. However, there are two Sylvan sets that I think would work, and I'm not sure which to use.

Image <-----> Image

There's really only the anklets to compare right now, but one set is Grove while the other is Diaphanous.
With the Grove, I think the blue tones in it match well with the blue tones of the Radioactive wings. But I also think the silver on it clashes with the coppery-gold colors in the steampunk set.
With the Diaphanous, the gold much better matches the steampunk, and the yellow tones still go well with the wings AND primary. But I unfortunately only have one piece of that, so acquiring them all is going to take a while.

And for a name, I ended up picking Eimhear (meaning 'swift') but I'm already disliking it. It was originally intended to be Emer, but I though that was to short. I'm kind of leaning back towards it, though, or maybe some other variation of it. Emyr, Eimr, Eimyr, etc.
Or does anyone have other name ideas that'd work for a swift-flying windy courier?