Flight Rising Rant Thread

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Nick »

nevermind i guess
Last edited by Nick on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

D: I'm so sorry. Have you guys posted on 'Artists Beware' yet?

Siggy under construction!

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Nah, we haven't. I don't believe my girlfriend knows about it, and I dunno where exactly to post that to :s

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Well, I just got back from 5 day vacation and I wasn't able to feed my dragons due to spotty internet and being far too busy to remember. (Gen Con 50 is one crazy busy convention. There was barely enough time for sleep). :lol: Anyway, I get back and my poor dragons are starving. They've depleted all my food stores and no matter what I do, I can't gather enough now to get myself back up to 100%. WTB a better food system. This one is so broken. :(

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I get mafia on it tomorrow. You need all food or specific?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Tårnfalk wrote:I get mafia on it tomorrow. You need all food or specific?
You are so sweet, Tarn! :hug: :hug: :hug:
Sadly, I need everything. I'm at 0 for all. :(

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Should be able to get you betjene 4 and 5 gatherings of all food. They did their gatherings today but tomorrow they do a food run for you

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

If you still need foodstuffs after the mafia's aid let me know. I'll happily toss my turns in to help feed your brood.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Need to whine for a bit
My babies I was so excited about aren't selling, like 0 interest and I hatched 4 eggs for a gen 1 and they all came out so bad I can't even trade them...just omg why do I even try

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I try not to get too upset about this stuff, but there has been a rise in people exalting dragons with no name. =/ My friends and I all have been having more and more of our babies sell, and end up exalted with no name. It just looks so ugly in the breeding history of the parents. And it only takes a second to hit the random name generator. We don't like selling babies pre-named as it puts an extra cost to an owner who might buy it to actually keep it, but I think we're going to start prenaming our babies before listing them to keep this from happening.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Ah Tyger that sucks, seriously pre-name especially right now, it's the best way to save your lineage. If it makes you feel better the polls have shown that people who buy perm residents don't mind spending the extra for a naming scroll :hug:

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

That's good to know. I just don't understand the inability to take a second to push the name button before hitting exalt.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Oooh, yeah, it's a good thing to note that the fight between Lightning and Wind is getting super, super intense. Exalt price is up to 15k+, or at least it was last night- it's probably not safe to put any dragons up for that much/less without naming them, or if you don't want them used for fodder, don't sell them for under 20k. I'm sorry dragons are getting exalted unnamed, though. :/ My partner had the same thing happen and wasn't pleased.

That said, if you want fast cash, now's the time to sell!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:I try not to get too upset about this stuff, but there has been a rise in people exalting dragons with no name. =/ My friends and I all have been having more and more of our babies sell, and end up exalted with no name. It just looks so ugly in the breeding history of the parents. And it only takes a second to hit the random name generator. We don't like selling babies pre-named as it puts an extra cost to an owner who might buy it to actually keep it, but I think we're going to start prenaming our babies before listing them to keep this from happening.
Yep. Unfortunately, I also had to learn this lesson for myself a while back. I now name all of my babies because of it. I've realized that if someone truly wants that particular dragon hard enough, they won't blink an eye at the extra cost it takes to purchase a Renaming Scroll if they choose to change it.

There is one Unnamed hatchling that specifically worries me because she is still an active clan member in the buyer's lair. It was one of my first clutches and I had not put into the practice of naming my offspring yet before selling. I've made several attempts to contact the buyer and ask that they name the baby but all my efforts have been ignored. My fear is that she will be used primarily as a broodmaid given the amount of offspring she's already produced and then exalted Unnamed without a second thought.

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Oooh, yeah, it's a good thing to note that the fight between Lightning and Wind is getting super, super intense. Exalt price is up to 15k+, or at least it was last night- it's probably not safe to put any dragons up for that much/less without naming them, or if you don't want them used for fodder, don't sell them for under 20k. I'm sorry dragons are getting exalted unnamed, though. :/ My partner had the same thing happen and wasn't pleased.

That said, if you want fast cash, now's the time to sell!
I was never very good at guessing a dragon's value before but I've discovered over time that anything priced 15k and below is usually considered to be exalt fodder. I snatch up dragon's I like without hesitation if I'm lucky enough to find them that cheap.

Depending on a couple of factors, I tend to price my dragons anywhere between 20k and 50k now. They may hang out in the AH for a bit longer but people do still buy them. I rarely go lower unless it's for special circumstance like selling to a fellow Petopian member or to their friends and family.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I feel soo unhappy about my lair.. i need a trillion gems to get my dragon to look the way I want... my scatter projects are super stubborn and in trades ppl offer me dragons with colors i specifically note down that I dont want... I dont like my breeding cards and I got no talent in making new ones...... just very MEH......Just for fun.. this is a list of all non plague like dragons in my lair who eventually needs a better look.. please feel sorry for me :P. There are 42 scatter projects.. NOT including Shadow & Twilight...

Rhet - (Has art - feel sad to scatter.. will prob be last). Scarlet - I find her utterly boring except her wings. Tinku one of my progen.. atm like NOTHING about him cept his plague eyes.Skyrim - Unsure about him.. might just need new genes
ImageImageImage Image

----
Oblivion - Defo a scatter.. to much purple. Jupiter - my blacksmith.. kinda bored with his look. Mars - always felt meh to me. I like her eyes but thats it. Diesel
ImageImageImageImage

----
Mozart . Clyde. Bonnie. Haley
ImageImageImageImage
----
Gin. Tonic - might just need new genes, but she does not feel plaguelike to me. Pteropus. Craseonycteris
ImageImageImageImage
----
Crescent. Eclipse. TheBeast. Indy
ImageImageImageImage

----
Wesley . Buttercup. Altair. Cira
ImageImageImageImage
----
Loot ,Scully, Mcarine - he is soo boring. Leia
ImageImageImageImage
----
Fall, Autumn, Vermina.. I just cant click with her look... the none one one plague eye under the hood bother me.. Esther - Boring
ImageImageImageImage
----
Nebula. Braise - the white primary is boring..Guybrush - he is just weird.Dagger - Too neon like for me. does look good with capsule though..
ImageImageImageImage
::::::
Needle - Only like the blood secondary. Thread - too neonlike.. hard to gene.Philip - meh boring. Tackle - Only like her wings and eyes
ImageImageImageImage
::::::
Galao & Squishy
ImageImage

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

:hug: Tarn if it makes you feel better I have 101 geneing projects left. You'll get done and it will totally be worth it!

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I get a project don once every 6 months. At this point my lair is just frustration. I feel your pain tarn.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh man, Tarn, some of the dragons you listed are some of my favorites from your lair. :lol: Scarlet is just so <3, I adore everything about her. The pale belly + those beautiful wings and a great primary... If you like it, maybe consider Jaguar + Capsule for her? If I saw a dragon like her on the AH, though, you better bet I'd buy her up in an instant. With Jag/Capsule, I'd sell my soul!

Vermina I think is adorable, but I know how things go with dragons just not clicking. Maybe try dressing her differently and see if anything clicks?

I LOVE PHILIP. Admittedly, it helps that I really love his apparel- he's such a cute little pirate boy!! The way the apparel brings in some red to match his eyes is so pretty.

But as the others have said... project dragons can be demotivating until they're done ;_; I've given up on a LOT of projects because I got so sick of looking at them unfinished in my lair. But the ones that I finished were worth it! Still, if you're not attached, nobody will blame you for just selling them and waiting until a 6-digit you like comes along. More lair space for you!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

PS Tarn, I adore Buttercup.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I've almost completely given up geneing my dragons. I hate to be a Debbie downer but it feels pointless most of the time. Without fail I spend the gems /treasure on a dragon & boom new genes come out & it's usually something that would have looked amazing on the dragon I just threw a ton of shinies at.
My other rant. I've been on a selling /exalt kick. I'm just fed up with desperately trying to find genes for colors I can't stand. Looking at you ivory.!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!