FR Secret Santa 2018

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

FR Secret Santa 2018

Unread post by Varethyn »

Hey all! I realise this is a little late as December has already started, but I had the thought to bring something like this back this year and wondered if anyone would be interested in it :)

To join, simply reply with your FR tag and that you'd like to participate! I will keep a list of participants in the second post :)

It's a little tight since I thought of this so late but the deadline will be the 14th (might be extended depending on interest). I will then send out PMs on the following 15th with the name of the person you'll be gifting. (People are allowed to enter past the deadline, but be aware that there may not be anyone to pair with because of it.) Given the likelihood of people being busy for a few days over the Christmas period I will divvy out presents (hopefully) on the 29th, giving you all plenty of time to do some thinking as to what you want to get your partner.

Ideally the spending limit is 20k, though if you find something worth more (or less) that you know your partner will enjoy then go for it! Try not to spend too much however - it's supposed to be fun for both sides after all :) As for the present itself, that's completely your choice! Comb through your giftee's lair for ideas of dragons they like, offer them food for their stocks, treasure or gems are often enjoyed and I know we have collectors of apparel and familiars about. If you have a creative mind, maybe do some art or write a story for them! The options are limited only by your imagination.

Please post your gift in this thread and try to guess who sent it! It'd be great to share what everyone got :D (Item images may need to be uploaded and hosted elsewhere as copy/pasting from Flight Rising doesn't work for everyone. Failing that, just type it out or take a screenshot.)

I will don the title of Santa and remain completely impartial during the event. Once I give out your names you can report to me privately about the person you received to find out more, such as asking what familiars they may be missing so you can find ones they need. Because of this I will not be pairing with anyone or receiving my own gifts.

DO NOT post here saying what you want from your Secret Santa. That defeats the entire point of the event. Only state things you definitely do NOT want.
DO NOT send PMs to your partner regarding the event before the gifts are sent, as they're not supposed to know until the very end. PM me if you get stuck!
Gifted dragons should be kept for at least a month before you decide to let go of it without seeking permission from the giver first.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Re: FR Secret Santa 2018

Participants:

LupisDarkmoon (Lupis)
Syleye (MythNomer)
Teigan (Genevra)
Niabi (Ferelith)
Bulletdance (Bulletdance)
Ashaine (Faileas)
Qinni (Text) - Requests to not receive any dragons

No longer taking participants. Good luck and happy holidays everyone!
Last edited by Varethyn on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'd love to participate! 8)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I would like to participate FR is Mythnomer

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

What a neat idea! But i'm going to have to pass this year. :( I have too much going on with my husband in a manic episode, and I have no idea if I'll have the ability or time to devote to it. We're not even having Christmas irl this year. it's just not in the cards right now. I do look forward to watching though. :)
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'd like to participate!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Im watching from the sidelines too :) We don't celebrate Christmas so skipping this one ;)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I truly am sorry Dew. I've seen your posts in the rant thread and seriously, seriously hope you are able to find some peace :hug:

This doesn't necessarily need to be a strictly Christmas thing but I respect your wishes, Tarn :)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Yeah I know it´s just Santa kinda goes with christmas so :) I am more sensitive now than I used to be. I know it can be hard to understand but I just want to steer clear of anything which relates to chrismas :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Happy/Merry *deep breath* Bodhi Day, Advent, Krampusnacht, Saint Nicholas' Day, Feast of the Immaculate Conception Day, Saint Lucia's Day, Las Posadas, Longest Night, Christmas, Anastasia of Sirmium Feast Day, Saint Stephen's Day, Saint John the Evangelist's Day, Holy Innocents' Day, Saint Sylvester's Day, Pancha Ganapati, Malkh, Mōdraniht, Saturnalia, Dies Natalis Solis Invicti, HumanLight, Hanukkah, Yule, Yalda, Koliada, Boxing Day, Human Rights Day, Dongzhi Festival, Hogmanay, Newtonmas, Kwanzaa, Soyal, Solstice, Zamenhof Day, Watch Night, Chalica, Feast of Winter Veil, Hogswatch, Wintersday, Winter's Crest, Candlenights, and Snowdown. :D I would join but I'm in the middle of a move and won't be up and running for 2-3 weeks otherwise I would join :| Enjoy your holidays all :hug: :mrgreen:

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Sign me up please :D

My username on FR is Ferelith.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I'd like to join my user name is Bulletdance :D
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

No worries at all Tarn, I understand completely. Hope you still enjoy the holiday or at least have a good time whatever you do :D

Hee thanks for the extensive list of well-wishes Rawr :) I'm sorry for the poor timing of this. Hope the move goes smoothly!

Participant list updated!

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

I'd love to participate as well! ♥
I'm Faileas on FR. :D

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Could I partake?

Text on flight rising. I do have to say please no dragons as gifts for me. I’m locked on space because I’m not planning on anymore dragons for some time.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Sure thing :) Qinni and Ashaine both added to the list :hug:

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Names have been dealt out. Have fun and happy hunting everyone! :hug:

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Happy Temporally and Theologically Appropriate Holidays, everyone!
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

So what happens if we have gifts ready to send off? Do we give them to you?
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Whoops I thought I put that in the first post. My bad.

Yup, once you're satisfied with the gift you got for your receiver please send them to me as I will hand them out on the 29th. It doesn't matter when you send it to me however, so if you'd rather wait until closer to the date then that is fine :) Likewise if you've already sent me your gift but find something else you think your receiver might like then feel free to send it over as well!