Flight Rising - General Discussion

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Re: Flight Rising - General Discussion

Unread post by Ashaine »

Syleye wrote:I started a new thread regarding lair space due to FR admins removing Tarns for one bad word

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2557136
I've added my 2 cents into your new thread as well as the Hibernal Den update thread. All we can do is give voice to our ideas and hope they are heard. ♥

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Remember that the server move is today!
All right, folks! We’ve got the date/time of our server migration: SUNDAY NOVEMBER 11th AT 06:00 SERVER TIME. Unfortunately we don’t have an end time for you yet. http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2563948/1

Keep an eye on our social media for updates: here on Facebook and also on our Twitter and Tumblr pages.

flightrising.tumblr.com
twitter.com/flightrising

We apologize for the inconvenience, thank you for hanging in there with us

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I'm already in withdrawal. :(
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Dewclaw wrote:I'm already in withdrawal. :(
SAME :(

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Following twitter - looks like it might take a while before it is up...
After the migration:

DNS propagation for the new servers may take up to 24 hours, but we are hoping it will be much shorter than that. This means that even though the migration will be complete, some players may have access to the site while others don’t. Unfortunately, we don’t have control over this part as it is heavily reliant on factors such as internet service providers and what region you’re accessing the site from.

Purchasing of gem packages will likely need to be disabled for a period of time, so if the gem purchase page is unreachable, this is why.

Expect the site to be slow for awhile as we “spool up” on the new hardware. This is not unlike the site is waking up from a restless night of sleep; it’ll be a bit groggy as things come online.

In addition to general slowness (which will improve over time), there are things that may just straight up not work. We will be attempting to fix a lot of this manually before letting players back on, but our engineering team will be monitoring heavily in the period after the migration, so please be sure to help us identify issues by posting in our Bug Reports forum. Should you see a thread with a similar issue to yours, please add to that thread instead of starting a new one.

We will be feeding all active dragons once the migration is fully complete.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I read that they've had to do this once before and it took a long time. I'm thinking it was a time the site was down for a week or 2 (or maybe it just felt like it, lol). Anyone else remember this? I know the site had a LOT of problems in its early stages.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Ohhh man, yeah, I remember that! The site was down for I believe two weeks during a server migration very early on. But the site was a MESS early on, with tons of technical problems that I'm really proud of them for fixing- I'm hoping it will take far, far less time this time around, and I know the team has assured us that they're in a much better place for this kind of thing now and shouldn't struggle quite like last time.

Here's to hoping! I have a guested nest set to hatch today and I was excited to hatch them this morning.

Edit- looks like some people are logging back on!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Oh no...now how will I procrastinate? I really hope this isn't a week or two! I'd cry!

Edit: Oh, I think I got in :lol:

Edit: Oh, nevermind :cry:
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oh, of course this happens right after I get active again. :lol:

Man, I was just initiating a trade for a dragon I wanted before it went down, doh! Hopefully it's not terribly long. *crosses fingers*

EDIT: I'm back in! :D
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Speaking of which, super happy to see you back, Veph!! The new genes really are WAY gorgeous, they've really figured out how to make them interesting and exciting. I'm excited to see what you do with your lair!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Vephriel

Thanks! I don't know if it'll be much as I really can't really devote time to making treasure and gems on the site, but it's fun to collect new dragons nonetheless.

Also bless them for feeding our dragons for free during maintenance because that just saved my ass. :lol:
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Constellation is here!

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Syleye wrote:I started a new thread regarding lair space due to FR admins removing Tarns for one bad word

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2557136

This thread needs more backup :D go visit and write a little. Even if it has been said before we need all the ppl backing it as we can!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

I'm a little bit in shock right now.
Someone in Shadow last night posted that they were giving away ALL their dragons and stuff.
I noticed they had a lvl 25 6 digit dragon, so I was like LOL WELL WHY NOT I GUESS
So I asked if I could grab that one, and that if no, I totally understood why lol.
Woke up today to her in my lair O_O
WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT.
I might have actually freaked out a little bit. Lmfao.

Vephriel

Bowno wrote:I'm a little bit in shock right now.
Someone in Shadow last night posted that they were giving away ALL their dragons and stuff.
I noticed they had a lvl 25 6 digit dragon, so I was like LOL WELL WHY NOT I GUESS
So I asked if I could grab that one, and that if no, I totally understood why lol.
WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT.
Oh my god, I think that used to be my dragon! :lol: I'm not asking for her or anything, I'm just so amused. I went on to make a different version of her with a better tert, but I can see through her offspring some of my old dragons too. :D What a small world! She was one of my coliseum team back in the day with Dean and Castiel (the 3 of them were Supernatural references, her being their Chevy Impala car)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Neat :).

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Vephriel wrote:
Bowno wrote:I'm a little bit in shock right now.
WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT.
Oh my god, I think that used to be my dragon! :lol: I'm not asking for her or anything, I'm just so amused. I went on to make a different version of her with a better tert, but I can see through her offspring some of my old dragons too. :D What a small world! She was one of my coliseum team back in the day with Dean and Castiel (the 3 of them were Supernatural references, her being their Chevy Impala car)
Really? Wow! I got her from a user named 'loeno'. Not sure if they're quitting or what. All the were saying is that they're giving their stuff away. Hopefully they're doing okay.
Small world though indeed! I'm not really sure what I want to do with her right now. She looks like she can become super pretty.. But I'm almost wondering if I want to scatter her just for something different.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Skink /Noxtide hue matches. See the scrying thread. Im posting a picture now

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

So I've been farming coli all day. My dragons will be well fed for a year. I got 5 chests. Does that seem low? I'm in arena if that matters.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I have been on and off farming for around 8 hours ish today, probably around 5 hours total farming, and I've gotten 40 chests including Swipp Swaps and brewing. However my method is to farm in the areas that the current Swipp chest trade requires or else the ones I'm lowest on so chest drops have felt low to me.

If it helps any this guide suggests Sandswept Delta to be the best place to farm chests.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.