Flight Rising - General Discussion

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Flight Rising - General Discussion

Unread post by Ana »

It kinda look like crystal combined with python with firefly heh. I will play with the gene after reset cd is over.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

My reaction: Oh cool, that's really.....oh. It's a gem gene....nevermind then.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I am in love with Starmap!

Also I just switched to Shadow.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

found ONE dragon it might work on ( in the scry fun thread) seams a very hit and miss gene to me..not something I will get right away and maybe not at all. Maybe I like the wing gene better.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Teigan wrote:My reaction: Oh cool, that's really.....oh. It's a gem gene....nevermind then.
This.... :(
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I really adore it! I'm not surprised it's a gem gene, it has the same level of flashiness as the other gem-only ones. Sad, bc it means it's gunna be expensive, but I can understand it.

That said, VERY hard to work with- I'm excited for the secondary to come out, as I think I'll get a lot more mileage out of that one! (But I've found one dragon in particular who cannot live without it, at least)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Can't remember if this was the best place for this so move it if you want :3

I was doing some size comparisons with the Dragon Sizes Tool to make sure things in my Pinkerlocke story made sense (Ilmatar is a lot bigger than I thought she was!) and ended up playing around with the biggest dragons of each breed in my lair. This is the result:
Since I had to zoom out a bit to get them in, here are their names if you feel like checking them out:
Fae: Monarch --------- (Length: 1.09m, Wingspan: 1.7m)
Spiral: Barba ---------- (Length: 4.33m, Wingspan: 3.39m)
Tundra: Tau ----------- (Length: 4.42m, Wingspan: 2.73m)
Bogsneak: Balmung -- (Length: 4.9m, Wingspan: 4.65m) - Wins by default as he's the only non-size bugged Bog in my lair
Snapper: GennaBain - (Length: 5.09m, Wingspan: 2.19m)
Nocturne: Vera ------- (Length: 5.4m, Wingspan: 7.48m)
Skydancer: Bluemoon (Length: 5.57m, Wingspan: 6.42m)
Wildclaw: Nix --------- (Length: 6.71m, Wingspan: 7.23m)
Mirror: Snodgrass ---- (Length: 7.12m, Wingspan: 5.6m)
Pearlcatcher: Aya ---- (Length: 7.3m Wingspan: 7.03m) - Just shy of the biggest female Pearlcatcher as of the last update to The Dragon Census
Coatl: Cringer -------- (Length: 8.27m, Wingspan: 8.09m)
Guardian: Nailah ---- (Length: 16.35m, Wingspan: 17.67m)
Ridgeback: Ikana ---- (Length: 24.96m, Wingspan: 17.25m) - Matches biggest female Ridgeback as of the last update the Census
Imperial: Faron ------ (Length: 30.41, Wingspan: 23.76m)

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

They changed the look of the trading post. No one knows why yet but it is a bit more boring now... waiting to see an update

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

aand Roundseys raffle is up! just bought 52 tickets :D

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Roundsey!!!! I think I'm going to end up spending so much of my daily fairgrounds cap on her.

The prizes this time around -
ONE Triple X Cyan Gen one. A Ripple/Current/Spines Ridgeback male with rare Lightning eyes.
FIVE Speedy - a retired familiar that looks like a white hedgehog
TEN Starmap gene scrolls - I really, really wanna win one of these, I've lowkey decided it's the perfect primary for my latest Spiral.
TWENTY-FIVE bundles of 10x gold muck. Useful, I suppose.

This raffle lasts until next Tuesday/Wednesday at rollover, so go, get your tickets! Buy as many as you want! (make Roundsey the richest dragon on site! Seriously, at the time of writing, Roundsey has already made over 270 million treasure on this raffle.)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

the chances of winning are soooo low that i set a max of 30k to spend on her... The only thing I kinda want from this weeks raffle is a speedy :P

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I bought 50 and I'll probably keep up with 50 a week! Because yeah, those chances are SLIM. I do love the rewards so far though- what a cool little way to introduce some chance and prizes, and keep treasure moving out of the economy.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Tårnfalk wrote:The only thing I kinda want from this weeks raffle is a speedy :P

Ditto.
I wasn't going to bother as my luck always tends to run low in situations like this, but the chance at Speedy was just too tempting. I would never be able to afford him otherwise.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

More than a million tickets sold. ..the chances of winning is soo low for casual players. .they should put a limit on..I saw one guy who had used 1,5 million treasure on tickets. .yeah I am NOT competing with that. I buy 50 tickets as max just for fun. .but not more

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Tårnfalk wrote:More than a million tickets sold. ..the chances of winning is soo low for casual players. .they should put a limit on..I saw one guy who had used 1,5 million treasure on tickets. .yeah I am NOT competing with that. I buy 50 tickets as max just for fun. .but not more
the raffle would be fun if the staff wasn't using it as a money sink to try and bandaid the broken economy / treasure-hoarding.

it might also have something to do with the dragon being a XXX gen one right off the bat, but lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I can't recall ever winning anything in a raffle, but I bought some tickets. I don't expect I'll win, because I never do. Pretty sure the whopping 30 tickets I was able to afford was an absolute waste. The raffle is for the players who are already rich, tbh. It will just make poor players poorer for no reason but not really impact the rich players, and they will get all the shiny things. Good system.
Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I adore the raffle for what it is - a treasure sink, and a chance at reintroducing old items in a controlled manner. A limit on tickets purchased would kinda destroy the point of it being a treasure sink. Not to mention, a limit might actually hurt more casual and poorer players. If rich players knew exactly how much they needed to spend each week (say it was 500k for 1000 tickets), they'd set aside that amount and pay it, every time. A poor player wouldn't be able to spend 500k every week.

I do like the idea of the tickets you purchase becoming more expensive as you buy more, though. It'd actually help the treasure sink factor, as long as the prizes remained enticing enough.

I also want to take a moment to do some quick math. As of right now, the second day, Roundsey has sold 1,320,000 tickets. That's 660million treasure worth of tickets (Roundsey is one rich dragon right now). If you wanted even a one percent chance of winning any of the prizes (according to staff, you don't get to choose what you win, your prize gets chosen when your ticket is drawn and you can only win once), you'd have to spend over 6.5 million treasure. That's a lot, even for richer players. Now, taking a look at the prize pool, the only thing on that list worth over 6.5 million treasure is maybe the gen one. Speedy is 2000-2500g on the AH right now. Why would any financially aware player spend 6.5 million treasure for a one percent chance of a chance at winning an item that they could buy with one-hundred percent certainty at one third of that amount?
Anybody who has spent 1million + treasure is likely banking on winning that XXX, but we know only one person is going to win it. Considering the prize pool, and the fact that you don't get to choose your prize, even if your ticket is drawn in the one percent pull, you still only have a 1/41 chance of getting the big prize.
I dunno, with that math it just seems to me that anyone who spends anything more than what the lowest worth prize is worth is literally throwing away money. I think the truly rich players are aware of that too.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I only bought 13 tickets. Slim chances are really slim.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I watched a thread where ppl bragged about how many tickets they had and tried to out do one another. .I stoppede followingwhen one of them reached 3800 tickets. ..that's just insane. And those I watched don't actually want anything. .they are buying just for fun and one of them even stated they would exalt the triple gen if they won. Just to spite those who really want it...

I don't know the record but rumors has it that someone bought more than 30,000 tickets. . How shall a casual compete with that?

Yes it is a good treasure sink. .but an unfair one...

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I forgot today was the start of Flameforger's thanks to the time change, but this helpful little box popped up. Dunno if anyone else knew about it but I thought it was a nice touch for those who also forgot and habitually went out to gather.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.