I think it will take like 8 more hours before that kicks in Taarn :D :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Flight Rising - General Discussion

Unread post by Ana »

stupid thing :P i guess i go play in my new game until then :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

New feature

Eye Types

As of this posting, our Eye Types feature is now live! After the world-rending events of Bounty of the Elements, the magic in each clan has intensified, and dragons that are born to this new Sornieth will start to manifest interesting changes to their eyes. Eye Types are a new layer of visual customization to the dragons of Flight Rising, and there are two ways for you to experience this new feature.

Natural Eye Types

Each new dragon born (whether by hatching from nests or unhatched egg items) will have a chance to manifest one of several natural eye types:

Common (which all currently-existing dragons have)
Uncommon (a different “tint” of the element color)
Unusual (a different “tint” of the element color)
Rare (a different “tint” of the element color)
Faceted (a bug-like fractured eyeball)
Multi-Gaze (multiple eyes all over the dragon’s body)
Primal (a powerful physical manifestation of the dragon’s element, like flames or goop)

Below are examples of the natural eye types you'll have a chance of seeing in breeding right away.:

Unnatural Eye Types

It will also be possible to manually apply the Glowing eye type using a specialty item that can be purchased in the Gem Marketplace.

Are These Just a "Quaternary Gene"?

No. Eye types are not genes and are not passed down from adults to hatchlings via the breeding system. This means all hatchlings have the same chances to manifest these visual changes upon hatching. As the eye type names above imply, some will manifest more often than others. Since the natural eye types cannot be selectively bred for or purchased through the marketplace, every player has the same chance for their hatchlings to join the world with a little extra special something.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

The best threads to come out of all of this:

Omae wa, mo shinderu

N-Nani?!?

HIGH PITCHED SCREECHING
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I don't get that reference. ..ppl been posting it alot and im clueless :P

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

It's some kind of anime meme xD Basically, there are two people in some kind of fight situation and...
"You're already dead..."
"Wh-what?"
*eyes flash*
*massive power!*
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ehmm Oki :P. . Not much of an anime fan so totally lost on me :)

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I feel for those of you who really aren't thrilled by this update, but I have to admit I'm HUGELY excited about it. I feel like rare eyes are going to breathe a little more life into breeding now that there's another factor to it, and I honestly really, really love the more out there eye designs- the lightning many-eyes and plague eye clusters are so up my alley. Really pumped to breed again, and that hasn't happened in a long time!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Im warming to the eyes too.. as long as there would be an item to remove them if needed :P I would hate to see my batman & Robin hatchlings be born with plague primal eyes :P

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I think the eyes are really cool but I agree that there really should be a removal item.
The primal fire eyes are awesome!

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I love the new eyes, but after all day trying to get multi eye I'm less enthusiastic about the changes :lol:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Bulletdance wrote:I love the new eyes, but after all day trying to get multi eye I'm less enthusiastic about the changes :lol:
Spend 10 scrolls already on the one dragon i want multi eyes on..2 unusual and rest commons and Uncommon. ...

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I've had about the same luck with only one unusual and the rest uncommon it is maddening
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Luckily I think the Primal eyes are really, REALLY rare :,D I adore them, but I admit, I think on some dragons they'd be a huge letdown- light eyes especially have some really dark, earth-tone eye variations. And yikes, yeah, scattering to get the right eyes seems really frustrating. x.x I'm gunna just settle with one scatter per dragon, I think.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Did they change eyes on existing dragons? My girlfriend managed to actually sell a hatchling for once and noticed that it had uncommon eyes. But it was born June 6.

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Is it possible the buyer used a scroll to scatter the eyes? It's very pretty! I don't think they'd adjust existing eyes on hatchlings, though- beyond that being harder to do in the code, I bet we'd hear a lot of people talking about it.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I like the eyes. I just wish I cold see them better....
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Decided to have a look at this to see what the hubbub was about and... I can't say I'm too impressed. I like the idea of tinted eyes for variation but what they came up with is really kind of lackluster. Take a female skydancer or so. Take her into the scrying workshop and preview the common/uncommon/unusual/rare eyes. I previewed Rose this way and the only one that appeared any different was uncommon. It just doesn't work with dragons with small eyes. Interesting concept, poor, poor execution.

I do quite like the primal eyes, even from an RP perspective despite not RPing on FR. A hatchling naturally born with primal eyes could be praised for being special and/or have a great destiny. I'll be in the opposite corner to the primal Plague eyes however. And what the heck were they thinking with multigaze? On the right dragon it works wonders but as a universal possibility it doesn't make sense.

What I'm most confused about though is why they'd think it would be a good idea when they're against mutations, say. Both are uncontrollable and mess with breeding projects and I'd already seen a lot of mutation suggestion threads get shot down for that very reason. It certainly isn't helping convince me to come back proper whatever the case. However I will be brewing scattersight scrolls now and again which you guys are welcome to.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I would love love extra scrolls. ..I have sucky rng for muliple eyes. ..