Flight Rising - General Discussion

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: Flight Rising - General Discussion

Unread post by Syleye »

I hope they introduce a cheap way of removing special eyes. THat would be a great way to balance things out a bit I think

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

What Coil area has eye drops? :lol: :mrgreen:

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

All of them! Although, for some reason, drop rates seem a LOT lower today than they did yesterday...
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

yup - I have not gotten a single one...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Yeah, I actually felt the same for a while, though then I hit a streak of good luck. Not sure if they adjusted rates, or if RNG is just being deceptive as always.

As far as farming locations, Training Feilds is probably the best because it's just so fast!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I was having a bit of luck while fodder training last night in the mire, and usually got one per pair or two of dragon leveled to seven, but the place seems to have run dry :I I really want to try for certain eyes on my Guardian girls (and not even the primal or multi ones, those RATES sheesh), but until we get word from the staff I'm just going to farm and stockpile them. If some other way of changing eyes doesn't get released, or even a revert to common, these things are just going to sit in my hoard indefinitely.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Coil is always so choppy for me (thats why none of my dragons are past level 10) so I'll just stick to making them. :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

They unlocked the announcement thread but. ..not many answers to anything. .
Hello everyone! As a heads up, this thread has been cleaned up a bit.

To reiterate what was said in the opening post and what Mutron confirmed earlier in this thread:

The Vials of Scattersight will not be collectible through the Coliseum or Baldwin after rollover tonight (June 10, 2018) but existing Vials will remain in your Hoard waiting to be used or sold to other players at your discretion. (If you start a Baldwin brew before rollover, you will still be able to collect it after!)

We have also received some questions regarding Vial of Glowing Sight: this item is a permanent fixture in the Marketplace, so you do not have to rush in buying these, they'll stick around!

With regards to the update to the old common eye artwork:

The previous default/Common dragon eyes did not share a standardized coloration across breeds. In adding new tints with the Eye Types update, we found it necessary to fix that standardization so that they were more easily distinguished from one another. As we've stated in the past that there will be times where we will make the decision to update or refresh official artwork as needed for both style and game-play reasons, and this remains to be the case.

We recognize that this is something we normally include within the 'Additional Updates' section at the end of a content post and that leaving it out caused a bit of confusion. We apologize for that.

Regarding feedback, we have seen posts that are constructive and posts that are abusive. For those participating in the former, we thank you for taking the time to express and share your feelings with us.

With that said, we will not consider any suggestions, feedback, or discussions that are vitriolic or abusive in nature, be it directed at us or your fellow players. While we appreciate your passion for your dragons and our game and while we understand your dragons mean a great deal to you, it is not okay to cross the line into abuse - in any game, towards any team of developers, or with any community.

This thread has been unlocked; however, when discussing ideas or points of view, please take care to be civil and respectful to those you disagree with - this goes for everyone. If this thread returns to the direction it was in prior to the lock, it will be locked again and permanently.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Finally a little flicker of "hey we are reading and thinking on what to do."

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd ... t_33628886
Hey all, so while I can't dig into anything brought up regarding the event at the moment, I can assure you that we are reading and we are discussing your feedback.

A few things I have to note about our policies and moderation.

Moderation happens for a reason and we don't allow discussion on it. Please send us a message through Contact Us if you have feedback about forum moderation. You may not get a personalized reply, but we do read your messages.

Regarding threads discussing the anniversary, how you feel about it, what you disagree with, what you wanted to see, or what your concerns are - these are all fine. They're good, your feedback is how we improve the game.

It's when threads start getting directed at staff, we tread into territory that's covered by our feedback policy.

Quote:

The Flight Rising website is for entertainment purposes, it is a game and a space for players to relax and enjoy. However, for Flight Rising employees, the website is their virtual workspace or office.

What this means is: Stormlight Workshop, LLC has the obligation to ensure that their employees are able be present on and engage with the Flight Rising website free from harassment or targeting.

For this reason, discussion of our rules, policies, or employees on the Flight Rising website is not permitted.

We're going to err on the side of caution when that happens. This is why threads or discussions directed at the team are generally removed.

Hang in there a bit longer, we're reading and discussing everything that's been said.

Thank you!

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

More discussion on the topic, and I'm a little bit relieved;
Aequorin wrote:Hello everyone!

So, it started with an eyedea idea: the team has always wanted to include eye types as a random element in breeding. The ultimate goal was implementing new variation to dragons that was really spectacular, but also rare and special. The storytelling behind Bounty of the Elements and some new technology helped make this a reality. We were more than a little excited to hopefully add a breath of fresh air to the breeding system.

Our intent was for natural eye types to only apply to dragons upon the moment of their hatching. We felt that adding some extra magic would be a really great way for all players to have the opportunity to produce hatchlings with a little something special (every now and again) to make them rare and valuable. We recognize that our intent was not laid out as explicitly as it could have been, and will do our best to be better about that going forward, especially when one feature modifies another.

Before going into this, we originally had no plans to release the Vial of Scattersight. As the anniversary approached, we thought it might be nice to give everyone a way to have a brief opportunity to roll the dice on existing dragons as if they had just hatched. We decided to exclude Common eye types from the rolling chances, because all existing dragons had them. We realize now that what was originally designed as a gift turned into something frustrating, and for that, we want to apologize.

Going forward, here's what we'd like everyone to know:

>Vials of Scattersight will not be returning to the game; we still think it's important that from this point forward, natural eye types be part of the breeding system exclusively.
>We have plans for future eye types that will be obtainable through the Marketplace (and more)!
>We agree that an item that reverts a dragon's eye type to Common is a good idea, and we plan to implement one in a future update.

On the subject of Common eyes (we touched on this yesterday in the announcement thread, but we want to mention it again): We normally note official art updates in an announcement post and (this is embarrassing) we just straight forgot to note it. With the release of Eye Types, we took the opportunity to standardize the Common Eye hue to be consistent across breeds.

We are going to leave this thread open and ask that any comments or questions be posted here, rather than across several others on the boards.

Thank you for hanging in there and for your patience while we reviewed your feedback!
There's going to be a revert to common scroll yessss ;_; I'm a bit salty that my already existing dragons can't get exactly the eyetypes I want, but I get that they wanted this to be random all along, and as they have confirmed that more eyes are going to be released in the future as ones you can apply I'm sure something else I like will pop up.

With this information, maybe I can go ahead and try to get the two girls I really want new eyes for the eyes I'm looking for, which being Unusual and Rare shouldn't be TOO hard. If I end up with something I really hate, I can just make them common again, and maybe something better will pop up in the future.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Feeling a lot better after seeing that response- I was also getting pretty.... uncertain about how this all was being handled, but I understand it more now that I see that there is indeed a rule against talking about the staff. I don't 100% approve of what they've been doing, but I can see why they've been doing it. The staff have had a pretty ragged track record of communicating and I'm at least glad to see them responding and apologizing for making a big ol' blunder. and THANK GOD for the "revert to natural" scroll!!!

I do wonder what the other, scroll-based eyes will be. People on tumblr have been theorizing about six items that were added to the database without names or images- the eye scrolls, perhaps?

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Knowing how many people are wanting the old common eyes back, I wouldn't be surprised if a legacy eyes item got released. It wouldn't be any work on staffs part, since the old eyes already exist!
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I would've preferred it if the scattersight stayed in the game instead of being just an anniversary thing... I had work all three days that this was going on, and very little time to grind the scattersights :/ Thankfully the one dragon I was dead-set intent on getting the correct eyes for scattered to them after two, but I never had a chance to remotely think about the other dragons in my lair that could've benefited from the scattersights as well...

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, for me that solves half of it. My biggest issues were the lack of a way to revert to common and multi-gaze being randomly distributed through all flights. I guess you can't win them all.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

"Vial of Tempered Sight

During our anniversary event, we introduced Eye Types to the world of Flight Rising. While primal and multi-gaze eye types can be cool, sometimes a dragon looks best with its normal ol' peepers! After reading and considering your feedback, we have decided to add an item that will allow you to apply the Common eye type to a dragon. This item will be available forever in the Treasure Marketplace."

:D

Siggy under construction!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Also, on the side bar:
"We have corrected a number of art errors with the Multi-Gaze eye type art. You may have to perform a refresh (e.g. Ctrl+F5) or add/remove apparel to see the changes. "

Siggy under construction!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

so after all the eye changes and take a couple weeks to sit back I am considering redoing my pairs.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

The new game is kinda fun and i made 800 treasure in 35 seconds. .. seams like a good grind for the 75k max.

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh I am horrible at it. :lol: I can't even beat a single level on easy! Nice to see a new game, though, even if I don't really mess with Fairegrounds.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

Loads of people seem really confused by it but it must be profitable once you work it out!

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730