Flight Rising Rant Thread

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Nachtwulf wrote:FR? 'oh, your dragons are all starving and you lost your gathering bonus for three more days!'

Urghghgh. It also annoys me that the reason this exists is to continually churn clicks because most people don't block ads so it's revenue. I love dragons, I love breeding them. I hate being farmed for clicks.
This for me 100%. I honestly forgot about the whole "your dragons can starve" nonsense and didn't log in for four days. Log in, go to gather, 10 whole whopping turns. :| I use AdBlock so.

I haven't played much but I have a rant. If you're wanting to sell a dragon WHY do sellers layer them in so much apparel the bloody dragon underneath isn't visible??? I had several pings of gen one dragons like this. I have to go to the dragons page get the ID & pull it up on the scry. I understand a seller wants the to look pretty but man.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

It's not a punishment its a bonus for logging on as far as the extra gathering turns go. Also without the add revenues the site would't exist or would be more pay to win so I'm okay with it personally though I understand the frustration.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

STUNNING 5 digit imp up for ah... current highest bid 8 k gems... AAARGGHHH.. sigh expensive girl.. but soo pretty

well i can dream i guess... i got 45 gems now after scatter and stuff.. :shock: :?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm going to have full 99 stacks of every color of Ooze before I get a single blue one, I swear.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:I'm going to have full 99 stacks of every color of Ooze before I get a single blue one, I swear.

This is me, but with purple sludge. I have almost 400 green.....and 0 purple....
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

anniversary is coming up, I haven't been on the site for the better part of a week because I'm burned out and disillusioned and all my dragons are starving.

whine.

They need to ramp the food requirement WAY THE HELL BACK. If you go away for a week you shouldn't be so far into the food hole you can't see the top with binoculars.

sigh.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Honestly, food is one of the few things I have issues with with the site. But I guess I'm weird in that I keep my food stores fairly overstocked, generally as a kind of means to have them there just in case there is a period of days where I don't log in. Even when my friends have been gone for days-a month or so they don't seem to have issues getting their stores built back up. And I don't coli, just use gathering turns for food when they go into the low 1200 range or below. I guess for me it's a better use of my turns; digging and scavenging rarely turn up stuff that's useful.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

All I EVER do is gather food and I'm still only one day away from things starting to starve. I don't even save out Swipp trade food items, I just burn it all. If I don't gather/burn every day, they start starving; I never get the chance to build up more than a day's surplus.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

i get nervous when my food dips below 20k....

Nacht do you want the mafia to organize a food collect for you? Then just tell me what you need most off

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I feel you on the food thing, Nach :/ I'm going on vacation for an entire week starting either saturday or sunday and I'm only going to be able to get on FR on my phone. And all my food is running low because grinding coli just doesn't give me what I need, and the festival is going on right now so I'm more inclined to dig for chests rather than just get leaves from food gathering...

My plant stock is abysmal right now (I'm glad I don't have many dragons that eat them) and I know for a fact that my meat + bugs aren't going to last for my entire trip ><
Last edited by Nick on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

so plant food run for your alex.. roger :D Now to find out what Nacht need then I organize a food run from the mafia

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I need less plants, more meat/bugs, but a little plant boost along with would be nice :P my lair mainly consists of carnivores and bug chompers lol
its late and i said seafood instead of bugs, i am a fool

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I don't understand how, after getting dragons to 100%, it isn't possible to build up food stores to hoard for when a break happens. I don't even have to gather food everyday, and I have stuff for Swipp/Baldwin. I only feed my dragons once a day as well because once they're at 100% it really doesn't take more than that. Even 2 days without feeding doesn't hurt too much. Maybe it's because my lair hasn't gone past 5/6 pages yet. I forget sometimes that many people's lairs are quite a bit larger.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Sadly as your lair size grows, the food doesn't. At a full 10 pages of lair space, my dragons eat more than I can gather in a day. They really need to increase the food point system or increase the gathering turns allowed per day if they are going to add more lair space. It really is ridiculous that you can't keep your dragons fed at max lair space/dragons. I will be completely out of food in a week or so if I don't get help or buy food. :/

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

What they said .. many of my dragons are at zero food because the food turns feed about a fourth of my lair at 10 pages.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I'm at 6 pages and it's hard to keep up. THANK YOU to Tarn and the mafia though because that got everyone back up to 100. (though hilariously my meat stores are back to 39 after feeding...) Oh well. I should know not to let it slip but some days I just don't wanna log in and it's so bad when I don't.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah, I have a silly issue where I forget that not everything is like how I have it. :oops: I forgot with large lairs that it might start to get harder and more taxing on the food stores. I can't afford to get my lair expanded to those sizes. :lol:

[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Food gathering should scale with lair size imo.
My rant: soo many 6 digits up for trade...no takers.. sigh.. guess i keep scattering....

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

An unprecedented post from me here but, I'm so mad, they've revamped the roundhorn apparel which were always one of my favourite accessories, AND added new colours that I want. T_T But I just can't be bothered to try to stay active on the site anymore, not enough to keep any sort of income going. I just liked dressing up my pretty dragons but my interest has declined too much to try to put any sort of time into FR anymore unfortunately.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Vephriel wrote:An unprecedented post from me here but, I'm so mad, they've revamped the roundhorn apparel which were always one of my favourite accessories, AND added new colours that I want. T_T But I just can't be bothered to try to stay active on the site anymore, not enough to keep any sort of income going. I just liked dressing up my pretty dragons but my interest has declined too much to try to put any sort of time into FR anymore unfortunately.
I got soo much mats hun. I am going to craft the vazoo out of the roundhorns. I can craft some for you too