Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Ana »

Shadow primal eyes scares me..

Image :|

You guys know you can use the foundation for lairexpansion right? Tbh I don't see the price as a problem. Many flights have programs and petopians has the foundation on top of it. Use them :)

Im sooo meh right now. .I want more lairspace. .not a storage to hibernate my dragons in...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I'm actually super happy about the eye stuff - I might even consider breeding some of my dragons now to get fun outcomes. I really like most of the primal ones (Except the Light ones, which are hilarious), especially the shadow ones! I don't have any shadow dragons in my lair, so it's clearly time to add one or two now. I'm also very fond of the multi-gaze and faceted ones, I just don't dare begin scatter scrolling the ones I want different eyes on, in case I get stuck with a look I'm not happy with.

As for the storage space, it doesn't concern me directly, since I haven't maxed out my lair, and probably won't for a long time (if ever) - but I am sorry that it isn't what people have been asking for. I was browsing the forums right now, and it seems there are a lot of conflicting opinions - some are over the moon about it, and others enraged. I hope they find a solution to keep everyone happy. For me personally, I can imagine it being useful if I decided to make some fun collection project. I'd be able to store and display these dragons in storage, and they wouldn't take any of my food, while my normal lair could continue on as it has until now.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Tarnfalk, I know it's there to help, but my expansions at this point are nearly 2 million for 5 measley little spaces. It seems alot to ask.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I don't have my own expansion to worry about so would take me max 3 weeks to get 2 millions. .prob less. .use it as I am not sure I be around for much longer if no regular lairspace comes along. .or if I get lucky and get more lairspace then I close the foundation until I am maxed out..but doubt it happens. .So use it while you guys can...

Im going to go so gently in a corner now. .stupid lack of lairspace. .. I am truly happy for those of you who wanted storage but for me it's useless. .

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

My main complaint - they NEED to add a reversal item, and they NEED to make the scatterscroll available after this, even if it's an expensive gem item. Breeding projects are enough of a hassle as it is, what with the expanded color wheel, that adding in this completely random element could be the potential ruiner for so many projects, and for those people that desire them are never going to be able to work towards them.

Bonus, I want the Rare eyes on one gen1 girl, and the Unusual on another, and I'm deathly afraid to scatter them because after today(?), I wont be able to acquire new scatters to try again.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Pretty amazed by all the hate that's coming out over this event. Holy moley!
I'm personally very pleased with this event.
I'm sure there will be an 'Eye Remove' scroll (oh dear that sounds bad D: ) soon enough. Prob just a Common Eye Scroll or something. Might have just been an oversight. IDK.
I will say that the multi eyes do look like they have been copy pasted into some weird spots, like on the skydancer... but at the same time, I understand that making a gene like that and trying to keep it still slightly differently placed from all the multi eye accents that people have made so it doesn't look like FR just stole their artwork can be pretty tough when you are working with very limited space.
And I'm not really sure I understand why people are upset about the den? I'm pretty sure I saw a thread in the Suggestion Forum that was suggesting this very thing and had tons and tons of support. Now, some of the people who were crying with excitement on the suggestion thread about the possibility of such a thing are now like NO I DONT WANT IT OMG.
I dont get it D;
And no, this isn't at any of you here. I'm going off of what I see on the forums.
But yeah, IDK. Just seems like EVERYTHING the FR team does isn't good enough for people and they always end up getting a ton of shit thrown at them. No matter what it is. New feature? THIS IS SHIT. New breed? THIS IS SHIT. New Gene? OMG THIS IS SHIT. Nothing update at all? OMMMMMMMMMMFG THIS IS SHIT THEY DONT GIVE US ANYTHING.

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Normally I dont get it.. but this I get.. it messes with ppl breeding projects without an item to take it off.. I get it, I really do. I dont mind the eyes but to some its psychically painful to look at it

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2452566

suggestion board is flooded with the same ppl suggestion the same thing and not one intervention from the dervs... No word of lairspace in 2 YEARS.. instead they want us to put our dragons in a hibernation vault, which for some is good but for others is a disaster.. They dont listen.. they dont stop and ask or listen at all.. I get it.. this time I get it
Wow the backlash to the way they implemented this eye thing is hard in the anniversary thread. I don’t think I’ve seen anything even close to it since I’ve been here. Something that could have been an *incredibly* cool feature is turning out to be one of the worst decisions FR has ever made.

And there are a LOT of people asking about more lairspace in there.

But hey! They found THIS question important enough to answer!

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann ... t_33547710

Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

I really like a lot of the new eyes but they should have implemented them like genes to be honest. I have many permas and finished breeding projects in my lair and If I want them to have one of the new eyes I have two days to grind like mad or I have to start over again.

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I have a feeling that they're going to backtrack on removing the eye-scatter scroll and instead just make them very rare coli drops, and they'll probably add an eye-reset, too- the backlash is really strong, and those changes seem pretty reasonable to make. Here's to hoping, at least! I'd love the scatters to stick around. They're really fun, and I think they'd be a nice rare reward.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

the longer they let this eye thing go, the harder fixing it will be; players who pay super-high prices on the AH under the assumption that vials will never be available again wouldn't be happy if they're not retired after all, and players who've already squandered multiple scrolls trying to get their old dragons back to something they like would feel cheated if staff does end up introducing a cheap 'revert to leogacy eyes' item.
I sadly think this is true. I would love for it to work as a gene... but I don't see how they can please everyone so I fear we got until monday to change our perma dragons. .

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

This is ridiculous and I'm gonna take a step back from Flight Rising until the dust settles. They botched the implementation so badly.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Flyra »

I agree it's ridiculous but there's been such a backlash I'm sure they will listen.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

A few threads of open letters to the staff where some excellent points where made was taken down...removed complety. .I especially liked the one about the lack of communication with us. Sad to see such threads just get lost...

Also rng sucks. ..I saw this which is not encouranging. .I only got today to get a multigazed dragon but the odds are staggeringly low..

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

The threads outright got taken down? Like, yikes, I mean maybe there was some really heated debate on those threads and staff had to remove more threatening, vulgar, and violent posts but... Couldn't they just remove those specific posts?

Edit: Wow forgot what I actually came here for.... I sniped a vial off the AH that someone misposted for treasure instead of gems, and I put a post looking for a receipt on the AH mispost thread so I could send it back to the rightful owner. Only just got word this evening, but it's for the wrong amount so I know it's not the guy. Told them sorry, but now I'm being told that the first receipt one wasn't the "only one" except without a receipt for proof and it's like yeah right.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

They posted in a thread that got VERY heated that they encourage people to send suggestions through the Contact Us option, but threads were getting so heated and vitriolic that most of them were turning into fights. :/ Which the mods do regularly lock or delete.

Not saying it's the best possible solution, I definitely agree the mods should talk to us more x.x But they've stated what they'd like people with suggestions to do, and I think a lot of threads were getting so nasty that mods intervened for the sake of stopping fights, not so much silencing everyone.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

So, now the most well reasoned, articulate posts are gone? At least they seem to be. Lovely. They just 1984'd the lot of it. This whole thing is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth with FR. I am kinda glad Tarnfalk pointed out Sylestia, because that seems like a nicer place to be right now.

And wow, the official announcement thread is locked now? Has that EVER happened before?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

nope.... but to be fair ppl had begun to attack each other in the thread so that I get..but the other threads there were no reason to take down....

Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Flyra »

Absolutely seething right now...

Hatched a g1 yesterday Midnight/Gold/Oilslick, rare Earth eyes. Put it up for 80g, a little later decided it was probably work more to people like that like dark palettes. Figured I'd relist it when it ran out because it only had a few hours

Someone bought it and relisted it for 500g!!!! Which is more than I was thinking but Jesus Christ.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Wow, so, this was just an emotional rollercoaster. I was feeling really bad for the staff after all they went through.They didn't deserve to be treated so harshly, regardless of anyone's opinions on the eyes. I made a thread early this morning, sort of an open letter to the staff as a sort of apology for how bitter everything got. And people started saying oh, we should have a staff appreciation day and all and I was inclined to agree. Overall, it was very positive and I was thinking we SHOULD actually organize something. However......I never got to read all the replies, because the entire thread got 1984'd right in front of me. So, my feelings of wanting reconciliation and all just sort of evaporated. Maybe someone said something horrible in the 4 pages I didn't get to read, but I'll never know now because they disappeared the entire freakin thread. Wow.

Edit:

And I just got this.
Hello Genevra,

We had to remove your thread Hey, Staff...?. We understand you meant well, but the posts/discussion were becoming negative in a way that violates our feedback policy. Specifically:
Quote:
What this means is: Stormlight Workshop, LLC has the obligation to ensure that their employees are able be present on and engage with the Flight Rising website free from harassment or targeting.

Your account is fine, you are not in trouble. This message is solely notice of a thread removal.

Sincerely,
Flight Rising Support
So...that's great. I.....I give up.

*shakes head, throws up hands, goes to play Sylestia*

Another edit:

After that, I'm done for a while. I do not want to deal with this level of negativity anymore. I am sure I'll go back, and my dragons will be starving when I do because I have no food. That will be fun.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Haven't posted here in a long time, but wanted to say that I also posted in that thread (had no idea the OP was you, but hello there) and I did not see anything said that required the thread to be taken down. I saw people agreeing and I saw some people disagreeing and saying that, for this, an appreciation day wasn't in order because it was more of a 'band-aid' effect (not my quote, but I thought it worked) and would also pour salt into wounds.

So, unless I'm wrong, nothing nasty was said. No one was harassing or badmouthing the staff. No malicious targeting. People were saying that either they did or didn't want a staff appreciation day. The last response I read was on page 10 and, unless I missed something in the last moments, nothing looked to break the feedback policy. I don't think you've missed a nasty response in any of the pages - and, honestly, even if people didn't agree it was super chill in comparison to some of the other threads I've seen :roll: