Flight Rising Rant Thread

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Bowno »

That feel when you watch as someone gets away with multiaccounting with no repercussions at all, even after being reported :l

I'd -LOVE- to be able to have multiple accounts to have some funky lair themes. That'd be awesome. But it's against the rules. Meanwhile, this person is getting away with it, no sweat, and could even be doing some funneling at that :l

At least ban them, FR. Jesus.

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

how do one tell if ppl have a multi account? I never ran across one who have.. I think?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

They ought to just let people have a side account, I think.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I unashamedly admit I have a second account with the original intent for it being breeding dragons with lightning eyes. However I ditched it for a good while and now use it for Pinkerlocke challenges. I have never used it to farm treasure or gems and keep everything earned on that side. I do feel guilty for owning it but I feel as long as I keep it low-maintenance, irregularly visited and only send small things like apparel I feel it's not an issue.

That said I do agree that FR should allow a secondary lair much like Lioden does, but also that until then people abide the rules in the meantime. Maybe a limit that the off-lair be strictly for breeding and not have any monetary gain, using the main lair's resources instead? (I don't know if such a thing could work, I'm just spouting ideas, hah.)

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Tarn, on their user page, it straight up says that they have more accounts ;P Usually like "This is the side account of _______"

Side accounts would be nice, but too much potential for people to abuse it. Unless they could set it up where when you make an account, you can choose between "New User" and "Side account", where you cant do anything but house dragons and use the crossroads. No gathering. No Fairegrounds, no AH.

Even then, that still could be abused.

Plus then why would people ever buy lair expans if they could just have another account and not have to purchase slots any more?

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I don't see the abuse. .there is a limit to how much time you can use on fr ;) I would not have time but I don't mind ppl having more accounts. .I dont see why fr would not just let ppl have more accounts.

I can't expand anymore sadly. .but I hope we get more lairspace eventually. .

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Its abuse when people use a bunch of gathering turns on different accounts so that they can afford expensive things a lot faster than everyone with one account.
It's abuse when people get to house more dragons on their other accounts when the rest of us have to save up and buy lair space to hold more dragons.
It's abuse when people use it to get around the Baldwin timers so they can make masses of stuff faster than everyone else who has one account (like the scatter sights when they were available)
It's abuse when people use multiple accounts to get more stuff like multiple downtimw familiars/april fools items for free when everyone else who has one account gets just one.

I dont have a ton of time to pour into FR myself. I gotta work and take care of a bunch of other things, and I only really ever get a few hours to hang out on FR, which is why it bothers me even more that people can get away with multi-accounting while I'm doing my best to follow the rules while Billy-Joe can just abuse the system ;D

If they can figure out a system where they can allow multiple accounts, that'd be great. But for now, the people who do use multiple accounts, especially to get an advantage over the others, it's pretty disheartening.

But that's just me. Maybe I'm weird. I dunno. Lmfao

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Not to mention accounts do generate gems as long as dragons are kept well fed. Slowly, it is possible to create premium currency out of thin air. For one person, it takes about a third of a year to generate 100 gems. If someone has 10 accounts, it takes a little over a week. I think this is the main issue FR has with multi-accounting. Because they allow us to create our own premium currency, rather than strictly having to buy it from them, they want us to make it at the pace they've set, and not any faster. Otherwise, nobody would ever purchase gems.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I would like to see a secondary lair ability that allows for access to another element but doesn't get the bonuses or gathering of the primary lair

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Syleye wrote:I would like to see a secondary lair ability that allows for access to another element but doesn't get the bonuses or gathering of the primary lair
That. That would make me very happy.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Teigan wrote:
Syleye wrote:I would like to see a secondary lair ability that allows for access to another element but doesn't get the bonuses or gathering of the primary lair
That. That would make me very happy.
I third this.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

It's weird they don't care about up-holding their site rules. They're fine with multi-accounts even though its against the rules. Honestly, people don't even hide it anymore. That being said I had an entire thread removed the other day because the subject of the thread could "invoke a negative response" it was about musicians you don't like and most of the comments were very lighthearted. It's like they go completely overkill on the forums then look the other way with everything else. Maybe the forum mods take their job too seriously whereas the devs don't? Idk.

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Actually, multi-accounters get banned a lot. I see it come up in drama rising often.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

I really REALLY hope I never have to mass sell/liquidate any skins and accents again. Good heavens the person who runs that ping list is a notification crazy (I used a different word than crazy originally, but even if it fits, I probably shouldn't, so I edited it.)

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I forgot to spend all my lightning cogs :(

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

>Spend hours doing research of the new lore and each region to decide where to take my new Pinkerlocke
>Settle on location, change flight and begin 'locke
>FR reveals update to world map including new lore and locations
>Flop

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

oh no Vare :(

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

that suxs :/ and I am beyond words for them AGAIN not having words on more lairspace :(

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

I need so many renaming scrolls and a new lair theme as I want nothing to do with blizzard anymore

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Xhaztol" date="2018-07-31 15:34:21"
We're seeing a lot of questions re: Hibernal Den, so I figured I'd jump in real quick.

I'd like to remind everyone that just because a project isn't mentioned in an update does not mean it has been shelved and isn't being worked on. In these Dev Updates, we've opted to be concise and not to include incremental progress on all of the projects we've got in the pipe, mostly because of how often development can change in the earliest phases.

Both the World Map and Roundsey's Raffle Roulette happened to be in a place where we could share what we were working on, which is why they were the headliners today.

As for Hibernal Den: we mentioned it in our anniversary post and it remains an initiative for the next calendar year, but is not really in a place where we can showcase anything. It's a very complex feature and one we want to tackle intelligently and thoroughly as a team, so it may be a little while before we provide more details about it. Believe me, when we've got something to share, we absolutely will! :)

WHAT!! YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS... NO more lairspace, not even the Hibernal Den for this year?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME FR... we NEED ROOM.. the game is SUPPOSE to be about collecting dragons.. and now you tell us we cant?? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

please everyone who needs space, come comment on my thread here :
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2373444

we need them to listen :/ 10 pages is not enough..