Flight Rising Rant Thread

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Kirrandria »

After having so much trouble finding good RP on Flight Rising, I decided to join a RP discord aaaand.... it's so slow, nothing happens in it :I
I just want some decent RP again. I miss the plethora of RP mafia games and CYOA, and I miss how active the RP forums used to be with actual group RP that wasn't a bunch of '*walks over to u* hello' and similarly short posts.
Ughhhhh
Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Gem sales on FR have been absolutely awful lately. Barely any sales threads popping up, way too many buying threads to compete with, and when something finally does show up people are taking forever to respond.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Kirrandria wrote:Gem sales on FR have been absolutely awful lately. Barely any sales threads popping up, way too many buying threads to compete with, and when something finally does show up people are taking forever to respond.

soo much this!! There are soo much demand but soo few suppliers.. rates are insanely high too :/

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I havent been paying attention to gem sales lately. What's the going rate that people are selling them for?

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Last i bought 1:870

new rant.. had 1.3 million.. bought some pythons and other genes.. 2,3k left.. MY WALLET :/.. stupid gene projects :/ ( the name scrolls are for syleye :hug: )

Image + another striation from the mp

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

DANG. I guess I should sell some of my gems ASAP o_O

Siggy under construction!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

:hug: Tarn :hug:

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

A personal pet peeve of mine on Gen One offer threads: When certain sellers won't give you a price range on a dragon (no matter how nicely you ask)! I truly believe these particular people do this because they hope you'll offer more than they would ask for so that they can make a profit, but good heavens it annoys the ever loving crud out of me. At least give me some kind of idea WTH you want. :evil:

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Ashaine wrote:A personal pet peeve of mine on offer threads: When the seller won't give you a price range on a dragon! Yes, I do realize WHY people do this (and I HATE IT). It's in hopes that the buyer will offer more than they'd ask so that they can make a profit, but good heavens does it annoy the ever loving crud out of me. At least give me some kind of idea WTH you want. :evil:
I do that because I think I'll end up asking for too much and the buyer will be upset and think I'm a jerk and I don't want to be a jerk and greedy and all because it's super awkward to start with. But, I'm also not selling valuable dragons, and honestly I rarely ever sell dragons anyway, so that is probably a little different.
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

Teigan wrote:
Ashaine wrote:A personal pet peeve of mine on Gen One offer threads: When certain sellers won't give you a price range on a dragon (no matter how nicely you ask)! I truly believe these particular people do this because they hope you'll offer more than they would ask for so that they can make a profit, but good heavens it annoys the ever loving crud out of me. At least give me some kind of idea WTH you want. :evil:
I do that because I think I'll end up asking for too much and the buyer will be upset and think I'm a jerk and I don't want to be a jerk and greedy and all because it's super awkward to start with. But, I'm also not selling valuable dragons, and honestly I rarely ever sell dragons anyway, so that is probably a little different.
My apologies. I should have specified that this is a pet peeve of mine pertaining to Gen One collectors. I've never seen people act quite this way about regular dragons, honestly. I certainly didn't mean to blanket target everyone with that. :hug: I edited my post to be more specific. It also pertains mainly to certain sellers to be honest. I just get this feeling like I'm being jerked around and just needed to rant to let off some steam. :(

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

<sobs>
There's an accent that would be perfect for my Noc boy, and its female counterpart is in the AH, along with the other color AND the other color for the female, but not the accent I'm looking for.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

The no lairspace issue is getting tidious . . Hate having to have hubby hold dragons just so I can get new ones. .. we need more lairspace darnit. .

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I know you all are very busy running around in wow/RL and stuff.. but I must admit I get a little sad when I see no one reply to my stuff in scry or advice thread... I try to comment on all and be a part of ppls threads... IDK guess i just feel like .. overlooked.. maybe I post too much../shrug

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I think people are really busy with BFA, Tarn
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

Tårnfalk wrote:I know you all are very busy running around in wow/RL and stuff.. but I must admit I get a little sad when I see no one reply to my stuff in scry or advice thread... I try to comment on all and be a part of ppls threads... IDK guess i just feel like .. overlooked.. maybe I post too much../shrug
I'll be honest, I check here daily to see all the dragons everyone is posting, to check messages, and to make sure no one is needing help with anything. I've just had nothing to post myself (until late last night) due to lack of lair space and I personally don't like posting without having something to show. I'm also certain no one here would ever purposefully overlook you, Tarn. I can't think of a single person here that isn't kind and caring.

So, I'd like to ask everyone here in the FR forum to please be understanding. ♥ This is a WoW site and we are a subforum to that. Most people who post here, originally joined because they play and with the new expansion just released, they are busy enjoying it. This part of the forum may slow down a bit because of that and it's perfectly understandable. Please, let's not make anyone feel bad because of it. Things will pick back up as soon as the new isn't so new. ;) :hug:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh I know about bfa. I wanted to get on with Tadpoles bio so I checked if anyone had replied to the advice thread and just got sad that there were none. Early menapause hormones suxs sometimes. .

My new rant:
No lairspace, culling old dragons which dont sell.. the festival currency do not sell.. BLERG!

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I just need to finish a couple outfits and bios.... and gene projects X_x Er, more than a couple maybe. I'll have so much to share though once I do! Trying to get everything as cheap as I possibly can since I'm trying to save.
Speaking of saving, usermade accents are way too tempting. I think this is why I never had much money in my early FR days, they were *just affordable enough* to keep me coming back. Whoops.

My actual rant - I'm so nervous talking to complete strangers like I had to PM a few people because I'm an idiot and rented a few nests and then realized I'd be out of town on the day they'd hatch, and it took me like an hour to figure out how I'd tell one person and then I just decided to copy-paste it to everyone else.
I probably look like a bot, making all my messages the same.
.. the festival currency do not sell.. BLERG!
Ugh, this too. I was going to make money this festival, darnit!
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm so frustrated with the food situation on FR. Even when I gather every day, I can't feed my lair without doing coli. Since BFA came out, I haven't been doing any coli, so my food stores have run out. My girlfriend is in the same boat. I really hate that there is no way to support a lair without alot of extra hours and that on top of that you are penalized for being out of food by being denied a chance to get more food, in both the coli and in gathering. It makes me want to exalt most of my dragons just so I can feed the ones that would be left.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I can highly recommend glimmer and gloom. .if you follow the guides you make the 75k in max 40 min. Should buy some food for you both. Special mode and very hard i find gives best reward.
Guide: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde ... st_2477115
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde ... t_34094319
I might open my foundation again but atm I am working to clothe all my friends dragons..

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Yeah, maybe, but I suck at that game and it will take me way longer than 40 minutes. And that's time I could be spending on WoW, which is what I would rather be using my spare time on. The rep grind is real and those wqs aren't doing themselves and raiding starts up again tomorrow. And regardless of time, that much treasure won't buy much food. I already spent all my treasure on food and it didn't last a week. It's just really discouraging how they have gathering and food set up. Might just purge my lair, because I don't want to deal with this.