Flight Rising Rant Thread

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Bowno »

Pretty pissed that so many retired items are being thrown into the raffle.
Staff had emphasized in the past that Retired means Retired. It even says on the site page about retired items that they will not return after their promotion or event is over. Which guess what? Once the festival or promotion the item was introduced in is over, that means its over and they're retired. Yet here we are now.

And that Skycat. Sure, they SAY that KS items are only from donation from players. But where is the proof to that claim? The staff could just SAY that it was donated, when really, it wasnt.
You know.
Just like how they said retired means retired ;)))))))))))))))

Already starting to sell off my shit. I'm pretty pissed that we were fucking lied to.

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Tbh I don't get why it's a problem. It's one person who are getting a skycat... It prob won't effect the economy one bit. And the chances of winning anything in the raffle is so so small. .

The staff has often gone back on their promises so I am not one bit surprised. I know I never win anything but kudos to those who do tbh.

Feel free to send me all the things you dont want ;) ..I don't mind if they not rare anymore heh :)

I think they jack up the prices so that it's an even bigger sink. . Though imo they would do better to release 10 more lair pages ;)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

I know its just one. That's not the point. It's the fact that we were lied to by the staff.
I dont like being lied to. I'm sure not many other people do either.
I'd rather spend my time, energy, and money somewhere I'm not being lied to ;3

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I gladly rehomed your stuff and dragons ;). I think Im in for the long run.. not sure but I spend so much time and money already so heh

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

I'm prob going to start selling off some of my bigger things to buy art/ other things that I can use offsite. We'll see though.

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

it's not a lie and frankly if people are kind enough to donate to something like this maybe we should be appreciative

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Yeah I admit, I don't really see it as a lie. They've been transparent about what the Roundsey raffle prizes will be, and I HIGHLY doubt they'll go back on the "No KS items" thing. After all, no, we don't have any assurance that they won't, but it's not like they need to sign legal papers for this kind of thing.

Roundsey was introduced as a treasure sink with fun prizes that should never impact the economy, and so far, that's what it is. A single skycat won't change anything- people who hoard retired items aren't going to suddenly have easy access to something super rare. I admit, I really can't see the problem. :,D Yes, the staff has been clear about the meaning of "retired" before, but... then they started injecting retired things back into the game anyway through the random festival box. This is nothing new, as far as giving people a way to get something old but making it tied to very, very slim RNG chances go.

That said, I'm sorry you're feeling this way!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

My rant :

Doing the grinding challenge where you first are allowed to move on to a new venue if you get a familiar/vista/egg/apparel/gene - been through each venue 4 times now.. best I´ve gotten is a boreal wood vista :/

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

So tomorrow is my birthday, and as a present to myself, I thought I'd brew a bogsneak egg to open on my birthday. I accidentally brewed a bogsneak scroll, and not the egg I wanted, and I don't have mats to brew the egg in time now. So much for a birthday hatchie tomorrow. :(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I get you one! !

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Thank you so much. <3 <3 <3
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

What did you do with your treasure today little o grinding girl of mine?
First I was happy that i finally got over 500k, but ohh then my friends needed lair expansions, Apparel, genes and dragons.. now I am left with 5k. That what I did with my treasure today!

(only a semi rant as I dont mind providing my friends with genes, dragons and lair expansions.. but ohh boy its hard to grind for other ppl to spend your money..)

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Cool, I've been posted about on DR lmfao

On the bright side, Aequorin sent be a Private message saying they can see why I feel the way I do, after I provided a bunch of screenies of the staff saying Retired means it will never come back, and will discuss it with the other staff. So that makes me feel a little better that they do care.

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

A "Relist All" button would be really nice. :| :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

There has been a number of threads accusing fr for being sexist. . Latest one is this
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug ... st_2530763 (- Thread been deleted but they wanted the description text changed on the ebony antlers because it was sexist..)
There also been threads complaining that males are listed first in the scrying workshop /ah/dressing room. And demands that fr remove the sex symbols from dragons.
I think it's getting out of hand. . I don't get why it's such an issue and imo it takes away focus away from true sexism ..

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Tårnfalk wrote:There has been a number of threads accusing fr for being sexist. . Latest one is this
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug ... st_2530763
There also been threads complaining that males are listed first in the scrying workshop /ah/dressing room. And demands that fr remove the sex symbols from dragons.
I think it's getting out of hand. . I don't get why it's such an issue and imo it takes away focus away from true sexism ..
Oh yes, let's make people think that THOSE are the important issues feminists care about, because that will help them take us seriously when it comes to say, the treatment of young girls in certain parts of the world or other actual issues. This kind of craps wrecks the credibility of people who are actually trying to make women's lives better.

Why in the world would they want the sex symbols taken off of dragons? That boggles the mind. Dragons produce offspring via sexual reproduction. Sexual reproduction requires two biological sexes. That is biology. They do not bud asexually like yeast. So, the sex of the dragon matters and is a thing that exists. If people want to be so upset about it, maybe they could demand a genderless potion, like they have on Subeta, and apply it to whichever dragon they feel needs to not have a sex.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I- really??? There are so many bigger issues people could be upset about. It's a breeding game, and while I too would like something like an agender scroll, it would more or less destroy the function of the game itself to get rid of male/female things. Plus- while yes, absolutely, representing other genders is important- male and female genders also still exist. It's not sexist to say that, and the devs have been amazing about making sure that everyone feels respected.

I'm often one to get easily up in arms about gender/sexuality stuff, but come on, folks. This is just silly. :/

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

So do people want to change the gender like with a scroll or something but leave the sex the same to they can still mate? :| :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

The threads ive read ppl want the sex symbols gone so dragons have no sex assigned. There are also those who want same sex breeding etc..I stop reading the posts tbh...as Lupis said. This game is a breeding game. .So instead of getting upset I don't get why ppl just don't play a game where they can get what they want. . Surely they must know that a breeding game will involve a male and female, idk.. most threads are only up for a short time before being deleted or locked but there has been an aweful lot of them lately.

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

I really don't understand people sometimes. :| :mrgreen: