Flight Rising Rant Thread

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Ana »

Me neither. .. I mean there are civil suggestion for a gender neutral scroll for a persons own dragon. . But to demand that the game remove all genders on all dragons? That's just silly.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I love the idea of a pose change scroll, or even gender change/removal if certain restrictions are made so as to avoid breaking the game (like, only usable on dragons that have never been bred so as not to break lineages), but outright demanding things of FR staff to cater to a certain group of people and then getting up in arms about it when it isn't being implemented (in a timely manner, don't think FR said it'd never happen) is a bit ridiculous.
This latest thread cracks me up. I can understand the joke is distasteful, but if we're discussing comedy, it's usually a thing created to satirize the subject matter. In this case, I absolutely see it as making fun of the phrase in question and people who would use it in any seriousness, not making fun of people who've had breast surgery. Plus, yanno, deer antlers are also called "racks" and there actually is a shady practice of making fake ones and passing them off as real. So double win on the comedic commentary there.

Anyway, my rant I came here for! I'm starting to lose drive to save up for my last sprite. It's taken me 3 months to save up what gems I have, and I'm only somewhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of the way there. I've already sold off my valuable items I don't have use for, save some old festival accents that don't sell very quick anyway, so my only real source of income is grinding the coli and hoping I get good drops that I can sell and hoping there are players out there that will trade my treasure for their gems. And grinding coli is becoming a chore, to the point that not even player challenges are keeping my interest anymore. The game's getting stale with my goal seemingly so far out of reach, and I can't spend towards other goals because I know it's just taking away from this one.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

My rant today. .pmed the person holding the auction for a 6 digit dragon i want. .but no responce and now I fear I might loose her :(

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I wonder what these people who feel the need to block people and avoid every little contact with them do with people in real life. I feel there is an increasing lack of maturity in people anymore that they are either incapable or unwilling to learn how to deal with things that they don't like. Yes I have blocked a few people but only so I don't have to see their posts if I don't want to. I don't give a rat's ass if they feel some dumb need to snoop on me.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Soo much agree with you. It's like there is a new and loud immature movement on fr.and si don't like it. ..

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

whyyy do I gotta love wildclaws so much :lol: I can never find actual wildclaws I like, but I very very frequently find other dragons that look stellar as WCs. I don't have the gems for Stained, let alone all these future WCs!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

When someone bids during the last hour of an auction with a 12hr snipe guard. Ugh.

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Baldwin rng is dumb.

Over 700 green sludge, 300 yellow, 200 orange, 150 red, 50 blue.....and where is the purple?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

do not list items for ah for sale when you are sick.. listed ambush for treasure instead of gems :/

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Looks like it's going to be another tame RoR. .ppl are hugely complaining about the skins and accent submittet should not be allowed because their fear of holes, maggots, eyes, teeth etc :/

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Blarb, then people shouldn't buy them and not ruin it for those of us who like it. :| :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Agreed. .but there are just too many threads complaining that I think they going to win. .And we again get a little bland skins and accents :/

This thread seam to be popular... and step one foot in the ror skin discussion thread and ppl have their pitchforks out for the artists :/ :
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd ... st_2542033

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

They wont be accepted no matter what, even without the complaining.
Staff doesnt want any 'suffering' dragons.
I had a huge thread about it for a few years now.

Siggy under construction!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

So how are they going to have a Riot of Rot, without the rot? :| :mrgreen:

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Good question ;) I've been wondering the same thing.

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Yeah I don't know. . But I don't expect much. . Kinda sad as "scary " the skins and accents looks amazing ..

Well at least the skin discussion got cleared of all the bad comments. .

posted in the thread.. but probably wont do me any good

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd ... t_35667439

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Bowno wrote:They wont be accepted no matter what, even without the complaining.
Staff doesnt want any 'suffering' dragons.
I had a huge thread about it for a few years now.
So starving is ok, but "suffering" isn't?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I dont like seeing suffering animals in real life.. but this is a game.. and suffering is such a broad term..

In nature there is a thing called Cutaneous Fibromas. Whilst it look like the deer is hurting is it not. (Picture here : https://i.imgur.com/mQRqa8g.jpg) There are also several animals with see -through skin so you can see organs and even brain - but its not hurting.. There are LOTS of way to get scary/plague looking dragons but it is still not allowed as fr sees it as suffering.. any blood is bad apaprently.. I dont know.. I rather have a small cut in my finger than green ooze coming from a wound... the rules are simply silly :/ I almost know which ones wont win and we get some of the blend ones.. which are also nicely done but just boring :/

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

not so much a rant as a whine post. I decided for some stupid reason to try accents for the festival. One is still a wip but there have been zero comments good or bad. probably just wasting my time. uggggggg

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I just wished you good luck :D Not sure what I would do differently if it was my accents so therefor no comments yet .. Might think of something when Im feeling better :D