Lair Review Trading Thread

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Lair Review Trading Thread

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I know a lot of people are interested in lair reviews, so I thought I'd make a thread where you can request a review or fill one (the person you fill it for doesn't have to have requested one, but you should probably send them a PM or something so they know you did it!). Basically, this thread is here so we can love on one another's lairs!

Despite the popularity of snarky lair reviews on tumblr, I'll have to ask you guys to keep those out of the thread, mostly because convention dictates that they contain a good amount of cursing (and there's a high chance of offending someone or hurting someone's feelings, even if they ask for a snarky review). If you want a snarky one, please feel free to say so! You'll just have to get it through PM instead, just to be safe.

As a reviewer, you can make these as long or short as you wish. You can review just one dragon, or someone's entire lair! Requesters, you're free to specify whatever kind of review you want, whether it's advice, nice things, or even a snarky one via PM! Please make sure you let us know if there are any dragons you DON'T want reviewed, however, or that you don't own. It's not much fun if all the dragons that are picked are ones you're holding for someone!

I can't think of anything else that may need to be said, though I'm sure I'll edit this post as time goes on. For now, have fun!
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Re: Lair Review Trading Thread

Unread post by Zhuge »

Ohhh I'd love a lair review if anyone wants to have a go :) Never had one done before! xD Any type is totally cool! :D I'm Zakarya on FR :) :hug:

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

This is a cool idea :) I've never had a lair review either

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Zhuge wrote:Ohhh I'd love a lair review if anyone wants to have a go :) Never had one done before! xD Any type is totally cool! :D I'm Zakarya on FR :) :hug:
Well since noone else have given any reviews i will do it so ppl dont get sad...

Starting with Zhuge :D - i NEVER done a lair review before... so i appologies in advance for my OCD personality. I hope you like the review

First things which strikes me when i enter your clan profile is the picture of the fallen paladinangel. The picture is nice but heh i dont know the picture and its hard to see how it relates to your clan. Maybe alittle note below the picture ? :D

How do you arrange your dragons ? :D like in pairs or? the ocd part of me wants to rearange your lair so that the pairs matches up :lol: :lol: :hug: :hug:

Also i clicked alot of dragons individually and none of them have a describtion. ..well cept duckie

Do you have a theme going on for your lair? naming wise? - if you do maybe leave alittle note on it on your clan profile so ppl can see where you are going with your dragons

Page 1:
Gongjin and Nefertiti are the two dragons my eyes are drawn to imidiatly with Feind as a close second. This page holds loads of stunning dragons

Page 2:
Duckie HAS to be the queen of this page... she is amazing and i imideatly went and clicked on her!

Page 3 :
Ohh the plague person in me went to Jin .. she is lovely :D - and Zhuge, your namesake dragon came a close second

Page 4:
I dont even like pink but the unnamed coral/rose tundra was my first go to dragon! in my eyes he is the king of this page

Page 5:
Wu is like a little witch/shaman.

Overall you got some lovely dragons. The ocd in me would like a better structure of arranging your pairs.. Yes its a pain and you have to redo it everything you get babies, but for me it gives a good overview of the lair when you enter it. I did the lair review with my own personal references... like i like to have information about my pairs and my plans on my clan profile... but that doenst mean you have to :D The most important thing about your lair is that YOU like it, remember that.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

O.o ooooooooo, me next :lol: :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

in all fairness Jurz came before you :P and im not sure i want to do lair review of ALL .. other ppl can feel free to do them too :P - just started so may some other would feel encourage to do so.. maybe even the thread starter ;) :mrgreen:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Zhuge »

Tårnfalk wrote:
Zhuge wrote:Ohhh I'd love a lair review if anyone wants to have a go :) Never had one done before! xD Any type is totally cool! :D I'm Zakarya on FR :) :hug:
Well since noone else have given any reviews i will do it so ppl dont get sad...

Starting with Zhuge :D - i NEVER done a lair review before... so i appologies in advance for my OCD personality. I hope you like the review

First things which strikes me when i enter your clan profile is the picture of the fallen paladinangel. The picture is nice but heh i dont know the picture and its hard to see how it relates to your clan. Maybe alittle note below the picture ? :D

How do you arrange your dragons ? :D like in pairs or? the ocd part of me wants to rearange your lair so that the pairs matches up :lol: :lol: :hug: :hug:

Also i clicked alot of dragons individually and none of them have a describtion. ..well cept duckie

Do you have a theme going on for your lair? naming wise? - if you do maybe leave alittle note on it on your clan profile so ppl can see where you are going with your dragons

Page 1:
Gongjin and Nefertiti are the two dragons my eyes are drawn to imidiatly with Feind as a close second. This page holds loads of stunning dragons

Page 2:
Duckie HAS to be the queen of this page... she is amazing and i imideatly went and clicked on her!

Page 3 :
Ohh the plague person in me went to Jin .. she is lovely :D - and Zhuge, your namesake dragon came a close second

Page 4:
I dont even like pink but the unnamed coral/rose tundra was my first go to dragon! in my eyes he is the king of this page

Page 5:
Wu is like a little witch/shaman.

Overall you got some lovely dragons. The ocd in me would like a better structure of arranging your pairs.. Yes its a pain and you have to redo it everything you get babies, but for me it gives a good overview of the lair when you enter it. I did the lair review with my own personal references... like i like to have information about my pairs and my plans on my clan profile... but that doenst mean you have to :D The most important thing about your lair is that YOU like it, remember that.

EEEEEE Tarn!!!! <3 :hug: Thank yous so much! :D My lair has got messy the last few days cos of babies hatching and selling :( Usually am so neat and ordered! My coatls on page 1 are all partnered up - even the ones needing to be changed to coatls :D

I did start giving them descriptions :) With the ones at the front having got them, then babies hatching messed it all up -.-" I wish new babies and bought in dragons go straight to the back of your lair - but instead they just muscle in anywhere! ARGHHH

Thankies for your comments on my dragons though <3 Duckie is the queen of the lair (but don't tell me random progen that! xD) :hug: I love how all the dragons you picked out are my personal favourites too :'D Makes me feel happy that I must have good taste in dragons! :D

THANK YOUUUUUSSSSS <3 :hug:

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Jurz wrote:This is a cool idea :) I've never had a lair review either
Mumbles something about being the only one who does these lair reviews :P - Aeladrine i blame you :P you made the thread so next one you can do :lol: :lol:

First your clan profile.. I guess the shared ip note is for the administrators ;) ohh and what a shame that you never got a letter from a hatchling.. i got several and its soo fun... maybe i should write you a fictive hatchling letter too ;) Quite a wish list you got :D - not much note of what theme (if any) your lair got

First off alittle bit more of an idea of which pairs goes together then i had with Zhuges lair.. but still alittle disorder.. or maybe i just cant see how you arrange your pairs ;)

Page 1 : amazing dragons. The frist things which strikes one is the amazing colors here. I loove underbelly so my two favorites are Dimitri and Inori

Page 2: All that Aqua :D not hard to see its your favorite color. .. but the plague person in my just think that Rosepaw is the queen of the page. I love her colors :D

Page 3: Cute hatchling ;)

Overall a very colorrich lair, though a little small.. you need more dragons!! and more pages :lol: :lol: :hug: :hug: The Aqua theme you got going on is really pleasent for the eye, and i adore how Rosepaw kinda breaks off your normal colorwheel. It adds something special to your lair.

keep the good job going.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I'm interested in a review if anyone is interested in having a look :) Apologies in advance for lack of descriptions... I don't RP on FR and simply don't know what to put there short of, "this dragon breeds with this other dragon" and maybe ideas for genes xD

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Also feel free to write something for me I dunno I might get around to proper reviews eventually I swear.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I'm finally on spring break, so I'll try to do a few over this week!
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Tårnfalk wrote:
Jurz wrote:This is a cool idea :) I've never had a lair review either
Mumbles something about being the only one who does these lair reviews :P - Aeladrine i blame you :P you made the thread so next one you can do :lol: :lol:

First your clan profile.. I guess the shared ip note is for the administrators ;) ohh and what a shame that you never got a letter from a hatchling.. i got several and its soo fun... maybe i should write you a fictive hatchling letter too ;) Quite a wish list you got :D - not much note of what theme (if any) your lair got

First off alittle bit more of an idea of which pairs goes together then i had with Zhuges lair.. but still alittle disorder.. or maybe i just cant see how you arrange your pairs ;)

Page 1 : amazing dragons. The frist things which strikes one is the amazing colors here. I loove underbelly so my two favorites are Dimitri and Inori

Page 2: All that Aqua :D not hard to see its your favorite color. .. but the plague person in my just think that Rosepaw is the queen of the page. I love her colors :D

Page 3: Cute hatchling ;)

Overall a very colorrich lair, though a little small.. you need more dragons!! and more pages :lol: :lol: :hug: :hug: The Aqua theme you got going on is really pleasent for the eye, and i adore how Rosepaw kinda breaks off your normal colorwheel. It adds something special to your lair.

keep the good job going.
Thanks Tarn :) You didn't have to ^^ I'm hoping to do some lair reviews once school lets up some

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'd love a lair review!

Aaand I'm bored, so I'm going to take a stab at a few lair reviews myself. First, Zhuge!

I can't help it. As soon as I see guardians with beige tiger, I get weak at the knees. She's just so gorgeous! Rose works surprisingly well with it, too- though personally, I'd choose Seraph over Eye Spots on her. The tert could be tricky though, sand is just a little too orange to work with cooler, muted colors like Beige and Rose.

Ivory speckle coatl, oh be still my heart- I love ivory, but I love it even more when it's speckled. Her tert is quite pleasing too, works very well with the lighter feathers that the ivory adds.

CORAL SHIMMER. Coral is the best color, as of course you all understand. And adding shimmer is never a bad move. It looks perfect with shadow clown- shadow is an odd color with a lot of brown thrown into it, so it really just works with a similarly muddied color like coral. I suggest getting him even more Bronze apparel, it works very well! (The pink bow/purple flower look a little off, though)

*Croons* You, my friend, have a good understanding of how perfect the color Sand is. It's stunning on him- especially paired with those perfect shiny red wings. A shame his tert is so funky, because he could look amazing with Underbelly or Circuit!

---

...And let's do Jurz too.

My weakness for Sky will always come back to bite me. "I like warm tones" I say. "Brown before Blue" I say. Then something like Dimitri comes along and I'm left with jaw agape. Midnight is the *perfect* primary to go with sky, and his ice eyes only make him more beautiful. I wouldn't even put apparel on this guy- not much. Maybe an ornate pearly necklace, and some pearly bracelets. If only there was light blue flower apparel...

Luna is quite the pretty dragon! I generally intensely dislike seraph on female skydancers, but she escapes that- her crackle covers up the part of the gene that I don't like. And it matches very well! I especially like her bright, bright wing patches.

Ah, dang it, you've done it again. I have such a weakness for midnight/light blue/light blue... Especially on fae. They're just made for x/y/y with underbelly! Even better, you used seraph, which is just stunning on fae.

I don't even like gembond on tundras. But her dark, shiny blue fur just makes for such a perfect background for those glorious, shiny gems. Seafoam gembond should be illegal, it's so pretty. Also, Azure/Azure is perfect on tundras, it really works off how their colors are weird on their rumps!

---

Aaand one for Rawr.

Rin is something special. Maybe it's forest tiger, which is just stunning on tundras. Maybe it's how she actually pulls off Jungle, one of my least favorite colors. Maybe it's the bright green eyes, or her perfect antlers. I don't know what it is- but she's gorgeous. Though, I'd personally suggest trading her purple lei out for a daisy one! The daisy color just matches her so well.

Zazi is adorable! I love her apparel, and man, she really just rocks forest speckle. It looks fantastic on her. I'm not a fan of stripes in general so I owuld have used a different gene, but it works either way! And I love her slightly off belly- it looks even better than it would if she was x/y/y.

Gaia is of course gorgeous- those brown wings/gems on that green body. It just works. Especially as her iridescent progresses more towards brown around her tail, it matches her wings and looks beautiful! Really pulls her together. Because I'm me, I'd probably pile her with apparel- I suggest Bronze jewelry and perhaps Marigold flowers?

Avacado speckle is one of those "Ew" things for me, but Esmeralda pulls it off. Her perfect wings certainly help- I'm terribly smitten with seraph on female tundras. And aaa, her apparel is clashy and I shouldn't like it but it's so cute.

---

I think I'll do a few more later!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I would like one I think. this looks like a bit of fun.

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Zhuge »

Luuuuuuuupis! :D :hug:

Thank yous! <3 Sadly, the female guardian is bound for the gladekeeper as I can't keep her (no room) and no one seems interested in her - she's been on the FTGH thread for a while now :(

The coral shimmer SD will be a coatl VERY soon :D The apparel was just for fun :) He will be copper'd out when breed changed :D

Am glad you like GanNing :) I adore him, but his tert deters me from breeding him :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I could use some tips on my lair f anyone has free time. :)
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Thanks for the lair review Lupis :)