WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:11 am 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Location: Sweden.. Although most of the times i live in an imaginary world... much nicer then the real one
Realm: Azol-Nerub
Thought i would start a seperate thread for help for flight rising. This thread can be used for asking for help on how to play the game. That way ppl dont have to go looking for the help threads. I thought it was a good idea :D

Read this before you start out :D

http://hubpages.com/hub/Flight-Rising-T ... -Beginners

Quote:
Useful link: http://trollslum.net/fr/ This site can show you ALL possible color combinations of your offspring based on parents colors. (Note: Only parents genes/race influence offspring, grandparents do NOT.
+++Keep in mind that your Dragon's eyes will reflect the color of your clan (water=blue, fire=orange, etc)-exceptions are from "found/bought" eggs of different Clan's (which will hatch to have the eye color of the element of the egg)

***Special note: This site is still fairly new, and does experience peaks of heavy traffic which will cause the site to load slowly or not at all. This is especially notable at 00:00 (midnight) server time when everyone rushes on to do their dailies/breed/hatch, ogle new grown dragons, etc. At time of post (~06/30/13) the admins are currently working on setting up a 2nd server to alleviate the heavy flow. Patience is rewarded on the site in way of gifts, and cheerful admins. Please be patient :D

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
As you visit each area of the site, they have tutorials telling you what each area does. FR is an extended dragon breeding program so the idea is to make friends and trade dragons in an attempt to get rare dragons and such. There are lots of things to do in the meantime while your dragons aren't/can't be breeding. You want to make sure you go to the Gather Items feature once a day as that's one of the easiest ways to get food. Scavenging and Digging have a chance to get you rare items such as battle items and dragon eggs, but mostly they just get you materials and trinkets.
Don't convert everything into food points. Crim (in the Trading Post) may want to take food items in exchange for treasure so only convert what you extras of. To convert food, go to your Hoard tab in the food area, selecting all or some of the food stuffs there, and hit the convert button to turn it into points (at top) to feed your dragons with. Keeping your dragons full and happy means more bonuses you get each new day. Other stuff in your hoard can be selected and sold for treasure, though I'd recommend saving most of it unless you have extras as they're looking to add a crafting program as well as Crim will look for some of these items.
The Trading Post is a great place to stop into once a day. At Pinkerton's he will give you one free, random item a day. I've mentioned Crim's stand already. Every x amount of minutes she'll have 5 items you can sort through to see if you have anything to give her for treasure. Swipp's Swap Stand is similar though mostly I've noticed he'll take things like food and crafting materials and turn them into something like Apparel or a Familiar.
The Marketplace is a good place to go as you start building up your treasure as you can buy breeding genes there as well as battle items, apparel, and familiars.
The Auction House is fairly self-explanatory; players go there to sell things they don't need/want anymore, including dragons.
Crossroads allows you to trade a dragon with another user.
In the Play section the Fairgrounds allows you to play a memory type game or build puzzles. These allow you to gain bonus treasure. The Coliseum is where you go to set up your dragon fighting team. The first option there you want to click is Organize Party. Drag your two adult dragons in the circles and then hit the back button at the top right (otherwise they won't set there properly). If they set there properly when you go back to the main coliseum screen all the buttons will be lit up. Abilities and Stats is where you want to go every time your dragons level up to distribute stat points. I highly recommend building up one physical dragon and one magical dragon, but that's just me. Monster Battle is where you want to go to level your dragons up, stay in the training area until you hit level 4. (Higher levels can be brutal). Rated Match is where you fight other players.
That’s the basics it to Flight Rising. Anything I need to figure out I've been able to find through Google and getting links back to their forums. At this time familiars don't do anything except look pretty next to your dragon and earn a small amount of treasure as you bond with them each day.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Qinni, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair

Last edited by Tårnfalk on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:28 am 

Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
I thought I'd share this really handy forum post where someone compiled all the Apparel items in. You can preview everything from the images and it just makes it so much easier to browse for outfits and stuff. :)
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&b ... &id=199225

» Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:34 pm 

Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde
This is one of my favorite guides on making treasure via coliseum.
There are other ways to do so (such as I personally think having an all team of melee dragons is faster, especially once they all have Eliminate), and this isn't nearly as effective anymore since they nerfed the sell price of the Leafy Moth and are generally just trying to make lower coliseum levels not as profitable, but it's still good!

http://sneakyfeets.tumblr.com/post/5656 ... yway-but-a

There was another guide that I really loved as well but it was posted on a blog run by multiple people and apparently one of them "deleted it in a fit of rage"

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:25 pm 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary
http://flightrising.com/main.php?board= ... 37136&p=mb

This is the guide I used to learn how to make treasure off of the Coliseum. I found it particularly useful, especially since it tells you the levels at which you can comfortably grind certain areas, so I thought I'd post it up here in case it would be of use to anyone else. :)

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:40 pm 

Saw this image on tumblr and thought I'd put it here for an easy colour reference. :)

Note: Every hatchling in the element you choose will be born with the elements eyecolor. There is currently no way of changing that

» Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:04 am 

Someone started a very basic Dragon preview tool, mostly useful for base colours. Thought I'd link it just in case anyone needed it:
http://www.greyskygames.com/FlightTester/

» Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:34 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Drenden/Arygos/Aman'thul
This is kind of a noob tip but I found my sister spending waayyy too much treasure on dragons because she didn't understand how to find the cheap ones on the AH. (seeing how it has a tendency to reset your searches and whatnot I can't blame her.) So I thought I would just leave a little highlight for newcomers who would like some cheap/rare dragons without having to save up for a week to gene one themselves.

Rare dragons are quickly dropping in price. (Even wildcaws and skydancers are selling for 20/40k- and imps for 80k vrs the 600k+ they sold for when I first joined.) I have found that just by checking the ah a few times a day you can probably find a dragon with the genes/colors you are looking for, for under 20k. This is of course, preferable to spending 300-500k on breed changes and genes.
So, go to the auction house and put 1 treasure in the minimum price range to filter out any dragons that cost gems to buy. Then pick your breed, the gene you want it to have and do a search. Once the dragons come up, hit the "price" tab at the top of the list and it will organize them with the cheapest dragons on top.
There! you now have a whole list of gened and double gened dragons selling for about 6k.
Not exsactly a fancy tip but I wish I had known about it sooner. xD

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:35 pm 

Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)
I can't remember if it's been mentioned in this thread or not so I'm going to make a brief little post for acouple of things i keep seeing crop up. :)

A lot of people keep asking how to price their dragons, i answered that in zedxrgal's thread (which i will copy/paste here once I'm on my laptop) and Sylvia's post above mine offers at least the start of checking current AH values, which is how most people price dragons. Exalt prices (2-3k without the bonuses) are considered the "price floor."

I've seen quite a few people asking how we preview out dragons as adults. There is an item from the gem marketplace called a Scroll of Maturity (you can purchase it for treasure from the AH). This will let you preview any hatchlings in your lair as adults; I highly recommend this item for selling dragons, however it's not a necessity. To save the images, right click the generated preview. If you're in Firefox click on save image as and save it to your computer and upload it to your image hoster of choice or as an attachment in your forum post. If you're using a different browser, right click the preview and click on copy image. Open this in paint or Photoshop and crop it. In paint i haven't figured out how to easily ditch the black background, i imagine it can be done in PS but i haven't been able to try. Save the pic and upload it. Voila you have your very own preview image to post. :) I find seeing a dragon as an adult can make or break a purchase and help with impulse shopping as some dragons, colors, and genes just don't look right on the adult form.

This next bit is for copying your dragon's code so it's a nice click through image (this is useful for selling dragons, especially if you opt to not list which colors they are). So, the first step is to click on the button that says generate code on your dragon's profile (found under its stats). Step two is to select the BBCode and copy it. Step three, paste it into your post. It'll look like this:
Code:
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=876746]
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/8768/876746_350.png[/img]
[/url]

In order to make this code work right on these forums, you have to delete the space between the code so it's all on one line. So it should look like this instead:
Code:
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=876746][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/8768/876746_350.png[/img][/url]

And voila! Click through dragon. :D

I hope that this helps people and if there's something you need me to clarify, just ask. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley

Lord Godfrey wrote:
Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:20 am 

I've been away for a while so this might be old news, but I just found out about this fantastic Apparel site the other day and wanted to share it just in case!
http://chronicling.tumblr.com/apparel

Makes it easy to browse and sort through different types. Was wonderful for me to catch up on pieces that I'd missed. :)

» Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:19 pm 

Location: Sweden.. Although most of the times i live in an imaginary world... much nicer then the real one
Vephriel wrote:
Saw this image on tumblr and thought I'd put it here for an easy colour reference. :)

once you choose a flight every dragon born in your lair will have the eyecolor matching to the deity you choose. But dont dispair - you can rent a nest from a friend to have excatly the eye color you want. ((if that friend have an open nest that is :) )

Your starter dragon and tertiary

Tertiary is the third color of a dragon. You DON'T get to decide that and its all random. So you could decide that you want a blue primary sky secondary mirror... and the the RGN (random generator) decides that the third color should be brown.. yay :lol: .. That suuuuxs and you cannot only change the third color

Your random dragon is just purly RNG so you could end up with magenta/brown/purple (woot) and the only way you can change that is to scatter scroll it.

Scatter scroll is a gem scroll (350 gems) which changes ALL 3 colors of a dragon completly random... so if your are REALLY unlucky you COULD end up with Magenta/bown/lavender ...woot :P

How to use Scrying Workshop - Press the pictures for full view

HUGE thanks to Makoes, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Qinni, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:55 am 

Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)
The dragon ID number is also found in the URL of the website when you open the page. It's generally the last number in the bar and you can copy/paste that as well. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley

Lord Godfrey wrote:
Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:14 am 

Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU
Here's a sheet of all prices.
1st place discount / 2nd place / no discount

Fae - 42,500 / 46,500 / 50,000
Guardian - 42,500 / 46,500 / 50,000
Mirror - 42,500 / 46,500 / 50,000
Tundra - 42,500 / 46,500 / 50,000
Pearlcatcher - 212,500 / 232,500 / 250,000
Ridgeback - 212,500 / 232,500 / 250,000
Spiral - 276,250 / 302,250 / 325,000
Snapper - 276,250 / 302,250 / 325,000
Skydancer - 340,000 / 372,000 /400,000

Tiger - 114,750 / 125,550 / 135,000
Clown - 148,750 / 162,750 / 175,000
Speckle - 106,250 / 116,250 / 125,000
Ripple - 212,500 / 232,500 / 250,000
Bar - 212,500 / 232,500 / 250,000
Vipera - 199,750 / 218,550 / 235,000
Piebald - 199,750 / 218,550 / 235,000
Cherub - 157,250 / 172,050 / 185,000
Giraffe - 191,250 / 209,250 / 225,000

Stripes - 76,500 / 83,700 / 90,000
Eye Spot - 93,500 / 102,300 / 110,000
Freckle - 76,500 / 83,700 / 90,000
Seraph - 106,250 / 116,250 / 125,000
Current - 140,250 / 153,450 / 165,000
Daub - 140,250 / 153,450 / 165,000
Hypnotic - 157,250 / 172,050 / 185,000
Paint - 140,250 / 153,450 / 165,000
Peregrine - 119,000 / 130,200 / 140,000
Hex - 136,000 / 148800 / 160,000

Gembond - 170,000 / 186,000 / 200,00
Underbelly - 127,500 / 139,500 / 150,000
Crackle - 161,500 / 176,700 / 190,000
Smoke - 161,500 / 176,700 / 190,000
Spines - 161,500 / 176,700 / 190,000
Okapi - 161,500 / 176,700 / 190,000
Thylacine - 131,750 / 144,150 / 155,000

Edited with help of Varethyn

Pixel Pet avatars by LupisDarkmoon and Moonlost. Pet Nameplate avatars by Seilahyn.
Rotating signatures by Kamalia and TygerDarkstorm. Thanks all!

Check out PetEmote here! || Visit my Flight Rising lair! || Or my Pinkerlocke Lair!

Last edited by Varethyn on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:25 pm 

Realm: Argent Dawn
I don't know if any one has posted this or not, but I thought it should be mentioned that the site is closed to new players right now. I wanted to check it out, seeing how so many people here were playing and they are not accepting new people onto the site currently. Kinda bummed out as the dragons look really awesome.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:24 pm 

SibealAD wrote:
I don't know if any one has posted this or not, but I thought it should be mentioned that the site is closed to new players right now. I wanted to check it out, seeing how so many people here were playing and they are not accepting new people onto the site currently. Kinda bummed out as the dragons look really awesome.

Flight Rising is normally closed to sign-ups unfortunately since the site can't handle a constant influx of new players, but they have occasional Registration Periods which are announced in advance, usually people here post threads when that happens to let others know so they get a chance to join.

» Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:00 pm 

Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash
A little helpful tool. If y'all happen to come across a gen one (parentless) dragon and want to sell it via pinging the Gen One Hoarders I thought I'd post their thread and ping list links.

GEN ONE HOARDERS ASSOCIATION

Please always pull from the current ping list.

GEN ONE HOARDERS PING LIST

This might also be helpful OLD DRAGONS COLLECTORS PINGLIST

Below signature & avatar created by Serenith
My FR Lair!

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:19 pm 

Butterfly/petal color guide
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1885404

the poi/tox color guide

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1884688

Dual-Tone colors guide:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1886904

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:12 am 

All Skink/Sphinner combos :

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1943260

Skink vs Petals vs Poison:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1943278/1

Dragon Description Templates:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1334185

Dragon Bio Resources v5:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1718795

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:32 am 

I though this was helpfull :D Gene rarity :D

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1584487

Flight Rising Lair