A question for those of you who have changed flights....

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

A question for those of you who have changed flights....

Unread post by Zhuge »

So a friend I have made through a mutual friend on FR has recently changed flights. All 3 of us were in Nature. The mutual friend isn't really playing anymore, and the other friend wanted out as we only jumped into Nature to be with said mutual friend. Now this friend is trying to get me to switch out of Nature too, as they say I'm missing out on good stuff...

I don't really like nature eyes - I prefer wind, lightning, light, fire and plague over nature eyes xD I'm not against green, I just think they are too dark for me :/ Thing is, I have no idea which flight to change to. I understand that we get 1 flight change for free and then we have to pay gems? I've also heard there's a time limit - 6 months I think? I don't want to change to a flight that has nice eyes but that's it - this would be a replay of Nature xD

Soooooo - why did you guys change, where did you go and what's it like? At the moment I'm feeling pressured into changing flights because I can't get into the Nature community :( But I can't see the point of changing to another flight where I'm in the same situation xD I'm torn between Wind and Lightning atm, but I'm scared of being trapped somewhere I don't like for 6 months :lol:

Thanks for listening to my rambling :hug:

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: A question for those of you who have changed flights....

Unread post by Lisaara »

I never changed but I can tell you why many came to fire from other flights.

1. Said flight was dead and Fire was more active.
2. Fire was more welcoming and talkative.
3. They just didn't feel at home with whatever flight they were in.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I started out in Water, and changed to Light as soon as it was possible. Mainly it was for the eyes that match pretty much anything. I don't really take part in the community tbh, so I'm not the best to judge.. A lot of people that I know are in Light though.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Plague got an amazing community.. though be it large.. im rarely an active part of it.. but i lurk in the forums. i looooove red eyes and dragons so it is just where i belong :D.. i never changed but i thought i put in my cents on the plague community :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Zhuge »

Thanks guys :hug:

I think I'm 'content' in Nature, but not 'thriving' if you know what I mean xD If I had the choice again, to go somewhere with no penalty (time or gem locked) I wouldn't go Nature - even if I was a newbie with no prior experience of the flights, I don't think I would have gone Nature (it's just not me) - but at the time a very dear friend wanted us to hang out together so I joined to be with them :)

Lightning folk come and defend your flight - this was a top choice as their eyes are sooo pretty, but I've had some weird and unfavourable experiences with lightning members these last few weeks who deem themselves the pillar of your community >_>

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Lightning is alright. I got some friends there. Ice, honestly, has the worst reputation....and I'd not recommend going to Arcane if only cause of Glitterbutt being there.

LisaaraPokefarm

pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

I think I'm in a similar boat. When I joined I just picked a random flight and went with it. I hadn't really considered that it'd have any impact on me. However, as much as I love the Plague community (I may not be active, but I love reading the forums? So amusingly enough, that's vital for me), I don't *love* the red eyes, and well...I can't wrap my brain around my dragons being Plague dragons.

So, I've been debating a move. But without the option to peek into the flight only forum, I've been trying to find other ways to get glimpses into the various flight's. Like you I don't want to be stuck somewhere I don't like for 6 months, especially since I'm ok in Plague. I strongly lean towards Shadow but...how to know for sure?

And man, do Lightning/Light/Water have gorgeous eyes.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Personally I really like my flight. We're smaller but have a few chatties. There has been very little drama the one time I saw any in flight it was shut down by everyone pretty quick.

Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

I have never switched flights but I love my flight. Fire is a smaller flight with a close knit community and everyone is pretty friendly. The forums are pretty active. I can't speak for the other flights, but most of the people I have met have been nice.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I have a few friends in Ice, though I can't really tell you about the community cause they don't post all that much or interact with them lmao but I think a lot of the "blanket" reputation that any individual flight have is a bunch of bullshit. There's always the few bad eggs (Glitterbutt is a good example) but I feel that -- like Shadow, who apparently has a really bad rep at all that I've never actually seen??? -- Ice isn't as bad as people make it to be.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Alex wrote:I have a few friends in Ice, though I can't really tell you about the community cause they don't post all that much or interact with them lmao but I think a lot of the "blanket" reputation that any individual flight have is a bunch of bullshit. There's always the few bad eggs (Glitterbutt is a good example) but I feel that -- like Shadow, who apparently has a really bad rep at all that I've never actually seen??? -- Ice isn't as bad as people make it to be.
There was a lot of drama involving Ice way back when. According to dramarising I believe, when Fire aligned with Ice, that's why everyone went against them to help water and nature to take away the dominance away. I'm not sure how much of that is true but I did see a lot of nasty things about it.

LisaaraPokefarm

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

There always seems to be a lot of wank over Dominance, huh? It amazes me sometimes how up-in-arms people get about it lmao

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Zhuge »

Thanks everyone :D

Yeah Alex, I don't judge the individual flights until I interact with someone from there - it's just I've had bad experiences with people from ice, lightning and nature in particular, and when called out on such, they defend themselves by insisting that's how their community is >_>

I just want to choose the best community for me with pretty eyes so I can carry on enjoying my babehs :D :hug:

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Yeah, it's no fun when you can't even post on the flight forums anywhere because there's a bunch of pricks dampening the mood because you politely disagreed with them once or twice (I honestly wouldn't know cause Shadow is really calm and quiet lol)

I do hope you find a good flight though :)

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Pretty much. I take tumblr with a grain of salt but I've just heard things.

LisaaraPokefarm

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Alex wrote:I have a few friends in Ice, though I can't really tell you about the community cause they don't post all that much or interact with them lmao but I think a lot of the "blanket" reputation that any individual flight have is a bunch of bullshit. There's always the few bad eggs (Glitterbutt is a good example) but I feel that -- like Shadow, who apparently has a really bad rep at all that I've never actually seen??? -- Ice isn't as bad as people make it to be.
Shadow only has a bad rep because of the whole darkness thing and because of a few bad apples like Glitterbutt. There is no drama in Shadow at all. We're very friendly, but very quiet because most of us are lurkers xD But yeah. One bad apple ruins the rep of the bunch :C

Siggy under construction!

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I'm in lightning and although i've only posted a few times in the forums everyone seems lovely :) I've never seen much drama but I don't really pay too much attention to those things. It's all about the dragons and the community here for me anyway.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm in fire and always have been. I'm not completely active on our forum but I do get on there about wice a week. I always see raffles, contests, gifting etc going on.
But choosing a flight for me was more about my personal feelings on my dragons. Dragons were creatures born of fire and brimstone. The community so far, at least in my limited experiences was a wonderful perk. Plus I love those firey eyes. Like molten lava.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ardawen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Lots of servers (all EU)

Unread post by Ardawen »

I love earth i realy feel at home there. It is but a small flight.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

I read the description and chose my flight based on that. While I'm not all that active in our forums, I hear nothing but good things about the Wind flight. Our eye color is pretty light, so goes with many colors, but we NEVER get dominance. EVER. That's probably the only major downside XD

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!