Someone wants me to hold gems for them. :/

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Someone wants me to hold gems for them. :/

Unread post by Snowy »

I wasn't sure where to pose this question but I figured here would be the best place. It's more of a personal problem than a question but it's about FR so... yeah. :/

Basically, this morning, a 'friend' sent me a PM asking if I could store some gems and treasure for her before she joins FR. Long story short, she's selling stuff on another website for stuff on FR, idk, I don't understand how she's doing it without an account but the point is she's asked if I can keep this stuff for her for a while until FR opens for registration again. Well, problem is she's not really a friend. I have her on Facebook and we were friends at school but she never, ever speaks to me and only started a convo with me for this reason, so I could do something for her.

Normally I'm totally up for giving people a hand with things they need and problems they have, I love helping people, but somehow I don't feel comfortable with this. Not just cause she never normally speaks to me but also because I have terrible spending habits on FR (I'm sure we ALL do xD) and I don't want to accidentally use her stuff. Plus registration probably won't be open for at least another month or two so I'd have to be careful with what I spend for a while and I dunno... I just don't feel too comfortable with doing this. :/ I can't explain it properly. But I want to know what I should do.

Is it even allowed? I can't see why it wouldn't be because there's no rules being broken or anything but it seems like cheating somehow, selling stuff off another breeding website so that you don't start poor on FR. I mean I started with nothing and it's not exactly hard to gain your first good bit of treasure. She even said she'd let me keep 10% of the treasure and I'm like, eh, what? If I'm holding your stuff for you for possibly quite a few months, I'd want a bit more than 10% of your treasure, especially when that much would be so easy to come by in less than a day for me if I really wanted to earn it.

I just don't know what to say to her. I can't just say that I can't do it because it'll make me seem like an unhelpful ass who can't be bothered. :/

TL;DR: Old friend who never speaks to me wants me to hold treasure and gems for them until they can make an account then send it to them, I don't want to do it but don't know how to tell them.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Re: Someone wants me to hold gems for them. :/

Unread post by Zhuge »

I can't understand how she's gonna SEND you the FR currency without an account O.O Makes no sense! Unless she knows someone else who is registered then she's gonna get them to send it to you - if that's the case....why don't they hold it for her?

Sounds well dodgy to me and defo not worth an account ban o.O

I'd be totally honest and plead that you don't want a ban. If she gets the huff - then she isn't worth knowing! I wouldn't put any of my friend's accounts in danger of a ban - heck, I even charge my mom, dad, brother and sister Petopian prices for dragons - I don't want the admins thinking we are account sharing if they see dragons moving for free between our accounts on the same IPs (house full of FR addicts :lol:)

Edit: Unless she's gonna get you to be the 'middle man' of the trade and have the buyer send the gems to you....I've seen people openly sell other site stuff for FR currency and vice versa on the forums so I don't think it's gonna be a rule breaker - personally I'd feel uncomfortable since they don't interact with you in any other way >_> I'd feel a little used :( And you don't want to get into any arguments about what you should be holding for her and what you actually have >_> Gosh I types lots when I'm hyper - sorry :oops:

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Yeah I'm also unsure. I didn't want to pry too much and show too much interest in case she got her hopes up of me actually doing it. I'm under the impression she must've sold her stuff on another breeding website and whoever she sold it to agreed to give her gems/treasure on FR for it. So I don't get why she doesn't like... sell her stuff a bit later on or when she's made an actual account. As I say, it's not like she's someone I know that well, we live in different countries now and we neeeever ever talk. But since she found out I play FR she seems to want to take advantage of me and I don't like it.

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Zhuge »

Snowy wrote:Yeah I'm also unsure. I didn't want to pry too much and show too much interest in case she got her hopes up of me actually doing it. I'm under the impression she must've sold her stuff on another breeding website and whoever she sold it to agreed to give her gems/treasure on FR for it. So I don't get why she doesn't like... sell her stuff a bit later on or when she's made an actual account. As I say, it's not like she's someone I know that well, we live in different countries now and we neeeever ever talk. But since she found out I play FR she seems to want to take advantage of me and I don't like it.
I'd just say your not comfortable holding gems for her since they have real currency value. I feel uncomfortable holding currency for Petopians when I'm MP stalking and the scrolls they want me to buy don't stock xD

Taking the advantage thing is what I see and I wouldn't like it either >_>

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Your best bet would be to post in the Help forums on FR. Some sites do not allow off site transactions, Neopets for example.
There is also that risk that this could look REALLY suspicious to the FR team and could get your FR account banned! So checking the Help chat is a good idea for such a thing.

Siggy under construction!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Yeah since I'm pretty new myself the last thing I want is to be banned, it's another reason I'm not too keen on helping either. On things like Pokémon for example that I'm quite experienced with I love to help people out, even randomers (Heck I'm trying to find a shiny Zangoose for someone's kid I don't even know haha) but Flight Rising I'm very new with, just getting on my feet and the last thing I want or need right now is people using my account as some kinda storage system. o.O But there's no way I can phrase that to her without starting an argument.

I posted this exact post on the help forums either way. I hope someone can help me figure out what to do or say. >.< If I'm honest, I'm hoping that it's actually not allowed since then I can just tell her I don't want to get my account banned, simple as, nothing more to add to that really. xD Neopets though... urg. I loved it as a kid but I got banned so many times for absolutely no reason! >.<

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Pretty sure it's against ToS to do offsite transactions if I'm not mistaken.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

If your first instinct is that you're uncomfortable with doing it then go with that and don't. It doesn't sound right to me and if she was any kind of friend she wouldn't even consider putting you in that position in the first place.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Yeah it sounds far too dodgy whether it's allowed or not. I don't want to take a risk for someone I barely know who clearly only bothered speaking to me for this reason.

Last night I sent her a message basically just saying, "Nah, sorry, I don't want my account to get banned." and so far she's blanked me haha.

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Zhuge »

Snowy wrote:Yeah it sounds far too dodgy whether it's allowed or not. I don't want to take a risk for someone I barely know who clearly only bothered speaking to me for this reason.

Last night I sent her a message basically just saying, "Nah, sorry, I don't want my account to get banned." and so far she's blanked me haha.

Pfffffttttt - let her blank ya! :hug: She obviously isn't worth it cos if she was, she'd understand and not want you to get banned anyways ;)

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Seriously. A good friend would either not put you in this situation in the first place or would understand.

LisaaraPokefarm

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

It's not against the rules to do offsite trades, but It depends on the other site as well... Some sites prohibit off-site trades but it wouldn't get you in trouble on flightrising. And of course no real money can be involved.

But I've been a member of another virtual adopts site called Chickensmoothie for four years now, though I haven't been as active this last year. But I do still go on and adopt monthly and such... Naturally I've gotten a lot of rare and valuable pets - some of which are worth one million treasure each - up to three, four or even six million. Flightrising, and trading for FR currency, is really popular over there so I've started trading some of my pets off for treasure.

I'd assume the way your friend would get the treasure/gems to you, is that whenever she makes a trade or sells something she'll just tell her customer/trading partner to pm the currency directly to you.

All of this isn't to say that you should go through with it though, just clarifying things. I certainly wouldn't do it unless they were an actual friend. Too much of a hassle for anyone else...

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

As I say, I ended up telling her no and she just ignored me. Probably for the best. She wasn't the nicest person back at school either (this is looking back about 5 years ago), she was quite the snob and liked to boss everyone around, me included since I was a bit of a suck-up. It's more or less now about me trying to show her she can't just do whatever she wants with me anymore. I wouldn't have a problem with this at all if it was a proper friend asking me to. But especially after she completely blanked my comment I've realised she'll probably never speak to me again anyway. Which is fine. xD

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Zhuge »

Snowy wrote:As I say, I ended up telling her no and she just ignored me. Probably for the best. She wasn't the nicest person back at school either (this is looking back about 5 years ago), she was quite the snob and liked to boss everyone around, me included since I was a bit of a suck-up. It's more or less now about me trying to show her she can't just do whatever she wants with me anymore. I wouldn't have a problem with this at all if it was a proper friend asking me to. But especially after she completely blanked my comment I've realised she'll probably never speak to me again anyway. Which is fine. xD
Bah! Leave her be - it's most definitely her loss! :D :hug:

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Zhuge wrote:Bah! Leave her be - it's most definitely her loss! :D :hug:
:hug: Thanks for making me feel better about it! Even if I do need to give her a kick up the ass, I basically feed off helping people out when I can so I can't help but feel bad.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Zhuge wrote:
Snowy wrote:As I say, I ended up telling her no and she just ignored me. Probably for the best. She wasn't the nicest person back at school either (this is looking back about 5 years ago), she was quite the snob and liked to boss everyone around, me included since I was a bit of a suck-up. It's more or less now about me trying to show her she can't just do whatever she wants with me anymore. I wouldn't have a problem with this at all if it was a proper friend asking me to. But especially after she completely blanked my comment I've realised she'll probably never speak to me again anyway. Which is fine. xD
Bah! Leave her be - it's most definitely her loss! :D :hug:
Exactly. She'll never know the wonderful friend you actually are. <3

LisaaraPokefarm

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Junrei wrote:Exactly. She'll never know the wonderful friend you actually are. <3
Pffttt you guyssss xD :hug: I knew there was a reason I'd stuck around this forum for so long. <3

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Snowy wrote:
Junrei wrote:Exactly. She'll never know the wonderful friend you actually are. <3
Pffttt you guyssss xD :hug: I knew there was a reason I'd stuck around this forum for so long. <3
Cause we love you forever and forever and you're not allowed to leeeeeeave? :hug:

LisaaraPokefarm

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Junrei wrote:Cause we love you forever and forever and you're not allowed to leeeeeeave? :hug:
Well given that I quit WoW a while ago and I'm still here, I doubt I'll be leaving anytime soon. x'D <3

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Good! Or I'll hafta tie your Sylveon tendrils to a pole...or somethin'. x3

LisaaraPokefarm