Flight Rising Jewellery

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Flight Rising Jewellery

Unread post by Zhuge »

Sooo....I've started my own business making custom jewellery \o/ Been disabled a long time and it's time I try and make a living now I'm done with uni...

I've had a request for FR jewellery - basically using the FR elemental clan symbols in pendants such as these:

I have no knowledge or experience in this sort of thing - all the current designs I'm doing are made by me from scratch with a font available for commercial use (yay for uni making us pay for a stock account lol). What's the stance on this? Will I get hunted down by FR for using their symbols? I've seen people selling artwork featuring dragons etc - will I have to sell them for FR currency or is real life cash ok too since they are commissions? xD

The person who has asked me says I can make and sell 6 of any design no problem - I really hate art thieves so won't touch FR intellectual property if it's not right... :/ They can't remember where they got the number 6 from either which isn't much help but they are sure that FR are cool with it >_>

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Re: Flight Rising Jewellery

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

Wow, that is a gorgeous necklace Zhuge!!!

As for FR stuff, this is the new art policy in the Terms of Use:
Art Sales Policy

(Updated 5/30/2014)
You may sell your digital Flight Rising fan art or commissions for both "real world" currency or for Flight Rising Currency.
Note that Flight Rising retains the copyright to its dragons and designs.
You may display your Flight Rising fan art on your personal website provided that you provide a link or the URL text to or for flightrising.com on or near the image.
No more than 5 units be sold of tangible merchandise utilizing the Flight Rising intellectual property (IP) be sold for "real world" currency. Making a piece of fan art or a craft project is fine, but making a business out of Flight Rising merchandise is not.
Tangible merchandise utilizing Flight Rising IP may be gifted, traded, purchased with Flight Rising currency, or raffled (provided the raffle does not utilize "real world" currency) beyond this 5 unit limit, but may not be sold for "real world" currency once the 5 unit limit is exceeded.
Artwork utilizing the Flight Rising IP may not be added to third party, print-service stores. Example: shapeways, deviantart prints, redbubble, cafepress, zazzle, and similar entities.
Artwork sales of original works, -tangible and digital- utilizing the artist's own IP may be sold by the artist and have no limitations on units sold. The limitations above are placed solely on works using Flight Rising's IP.

So if you're selling for real money looks like you can't do more than 5. :/
Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Zhuge »

pawprintedheart wrote:Wow, that is a gorgeous necklace Zhuge!!!

As for FR stuff, this is the new art policy in the Terms of Use:
Art Sales Policy

(Updated 5/30/2014)
You may sell your digital Flight Rising fan art or commissions for both "real world" currency or for Flight Rising Currency.
Note that Flight Rising retains the copyright to its dragons and designs.
You may display your Flight Rising fan art on your personal website provided that you provide a link or the URL text to or for flightrising.com on or near the image.
No more than 5 units be sold of tangible merchandise utilizing the Flight Rising intellectual property (IP) be sold for "real world" currency. Making a piece of fan art or a craft project is fine, but making a business out of Flight Rising merchandise is not.
Tangible merchandise utilizing Flight Rising IP may be gifted, traded, purchased with Flight Rising currency, or raffled (provided the raffle does not utilize "real world" currency) beyond this 5 unit limit, but may not be sold for "real world" currency once the 5 unit limit is exceeded.
Artwork utilizing the Flight Rising IP may not be added to third party, print-service stores. Example: shapeways, deviantart prints, redbubble, cafepress, zazzle, and similar entities.
Artwork sales of original works, -tangible and digital- utilizing the artist's own IP may be sold by the artist and have no limitations on units sold. The limitations above are placed solely on works using Flight Rising's IP.

So if you're selling for real money looks like you can't do more than 5. :/

Yay thank you for finding that hun! :hug: I'm pleased it's written out, now I can legitimately so no without sounding awkward! xD

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I really like that Zhuge. Very nice.

I understand where FR is coming from and cannot blame them. But 5 seems like such a low amount.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

zedxrgal wrote:I really like that Zhuge. Very nice.

I understand where FR is coming from and cannot blame them. But 5 seems like such a low amount.
It is. I think they should allow unlimited if its ingame currency but limit to more than 5 for rl currency?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I think we should be happy they allow anything. 5 is a fair number for using their ideas and such. They're not making any money off of our RL creations after all.

As for the jewellery, that sounds amazing :U I don't have the money to throw around, so I'll just look forward to seeing any pictures if you go about making them :3 As long as you stick to five -total-, you'll be just fine!

Siggy under construction!

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Zhuge »

Thanks guys :)

That's why I wanted to check, and I knew you guys would direct me away from anything shady :D I agree with all the comments above - I don't it's right to mass sell their ideas for RL cash - but for gems and treasure? Why not? People sell artwork after all! xD I have a lot of coatl projects....hmmmm ;)

And thank you for all your lovely comments! I made myself one of these after I lost my elderly hound earlier this year (just a year after loosing my first) :'( I posted the photo on FB and someone passed it on - then I started getting requests! I'm not expecting to be a millionaire, but it would be nice to help my parents out whilst I'm still holed up at home XD

:hug:

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Well I hope to see more of them. They're very cute.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Freya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade

Unread post by Freya »

Zhuge, that necklace is gorgeous and touching! I think it's a great idea and should be a real hit! :hug: I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations! :D

Freya Frostclaw - Beastmaster - Scarlet Crusade
-= Flight Rising =-