A friendly reminder to all :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

A friendly reminder to all :D

Unread post by Ana »

Over the past few weeks i have seen some ppl unhappy about what other ppl have said to them.

i KNOW that im not the moderator or assistant of this forum but here i go anyway ;)

Remember that we all are FRIENDS. Act friendly towards one another.

If someone doesn't like your dragon, try not to think of it as a personal thing.

And if you don't like a dragon you see DON'T say something mean to the person on the forum OR in a PM.

If someone exalt a dragon they have been given by you, name it a bad name, re gift it etc TRY to shrug it off and think of that there always will be more hatchlings. If you cannot do that, contact the other person in a friendly manor and try to say that you feel disappointed and sad by their actions. If the person is rude to you, don't be rude back. Just remember that its a GAME, and what other ppl do show how THEY are .. not how you are. Maybe if you keep being kind to someone who are not kind to you, that person will reconsider their action and start being kind. If not, well then you can have the peace in heart knowing that you did what you could to be a kind person.

Don't deliberately ignore each-other. Act towards others as you would like them to act towards you. NOT act to others like they acted to you. An act of kindness even-though you feel like a person have said something nasty or mean shows that you have a good heart and I am sure that you all have a good heart.

Remember that we all have bad days where we feel the word are shitty, feel frustrated or we are feeling low. Those days happens. So if you see a comment where you feel that someone is whining, moaning etc to much try to remember that you too feel like that sometimes. A low selfestime is not something to make fun of, so don't jump on those who don't post about your dragon .. not even in a PM asking them why they don't like your dragons.

and once again

Remember that we all are FRIENDS. Act friendly towards one another.

over and out :hug:
Last edited by Ana on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: A friendly reminder

Unread post by Dewclaw »

<3

As an aside, I haven't posted much lately. Work has me busy, and my pc got attacked by a virus and I lost almost everything. it's sort of up and running now, but needs a reformat which will happen this weekend. hoping to post more soon.
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Re: A friendly reminder

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Agreed Tarn some good things to think about there.
I often feel bad for not posting about all the new fantastic dragons posted but I usually don't know what to write and I'm scared to death of offending and/or forgetting someone, and just posting "Nice dragons" everytime just makes me personally feel inadeqate (my personal opinion,not directed towards anyone else)

Anyway.. Sorry about the mini rant.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Sne
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: A friendly reminder to all :D

Unread post by Sne »

I agree with my wife

(surprisingly i know ;)

I know many feel like you do Nef. I just come on to post mafia hatchlings and i dont comment on other ppl dragons. But i do love seeing the hatchilngs :D

Sne is Danish for Snow

Lorelei
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Silvermoon

Unread post by Lorelei »

i stopped being a petopian for RL reason. My hyber hyber girl needs all the attention she can get.. but i stalk the show dragon thread and i let Engel showcase my dragons for me.

I just wanted to say that you guys rock. My girl is easier to deal with because of some awesome drawings that you guys made for her. So there are all the reasons in the world to be kind to eachother because you rock.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I had no idea there was any drama here specifically. I know I haven't posted about anyone here in particular.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I missed the main brunt of this drama but I'll second (or third or forth of whatever number) what Tårn has said. Everyone's dragons are special! You're showing them off because they're worth something to you. Yes a comment on how pretty they are is lovely, but at then end of the day do you need someone to tell you the dragon is pretty to know the dragon is pretty?

I try to comment on everyone's and I can say for sure that even if I don't say anything about your dragon, I've paused and given him/her a good look and 99.9% of the time have at least nodded in approval. Sometimes I don't comment individually simply because the thread has erupted and I can't keep swapping tabs and all that. However, I assure you I love every dragon on here. I may not say it on here, but I do sometimes mumble it under my breath. Probably sound weird going "Oooh you'll make pretty babies" but oh well :lol:

I see this comment thing means a lot to people. From now on I'll try to comment on everyone's dragons as much as I can. Hopefully I won't repeat myself too many times, going "nice babies" too much. I'll mix it up a bit!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

First off: I am a very blunt and honest person; the things I say are from my point of view and are not meant to hurt or offend people.

Secondly: You can't just walk into a thread and say stuff like "I'm not posting here anymore" and not expect some sort of reaction; that's just as problematic and drama raising as anything anyone says after it. ;) If you have a personal issue with someone (or multiple people) then bring it up to them in PM and explain why they're hurting your feelings or whatever.

If you're suffering from depression then you need to go seek help from a professional.

However, if you're just looking for someone to chat with and you're feeling a little down, my PM box is open, both here and in FR. I will never purposely put anyone down, and if I do and it was uncalled for, then I always make sure to go and apologize. :) My general style is to try and rationalize through things.

There is no rule in the Show Off thread stipulating that you need to comment on everyone's dragons. You can go there, plop your dragons down, and leave the thread as that's pretty much all it was started for. The commenting thing is just something a few of us picked up to try and make everyone feel better. :)

You will more than likely be skipped because of this. It's not to purposely hurt or offend you. Dragons and their looks are a subjective matter and not everyone has the time/desire to comment individually. Sometimes real life crops up and you just can't make the time for it.

Other than that I'm in general agreement with Tarn as I know the post I made is why she's posting this. ;) I'm an honest person, and I had just woken up, so I said exactly how I felt. :lol: It's just how I am and I'm sorry if that offends people.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Just a reminder if you really feel like you need to pm someone over them exalting it remember that sometimes no matter how nice you word it you will come off as rude. I know that from personal experiance of being sent things like that. It's just that mentality some people have of "it's still my dragon even tho I sold it" that can come off as rude.

Sometimes it's best not to say anything at all ;)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I usually dont have time to comment every single dragon. Doesn't mean anyones dragons aren't pretty. :O

LisaaraPokefarm

Ardawen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Lots of servers (all EU)

Unread post by Ardawen »

Hehe i love seeing those dragons, they are not always what i would think is pretty but as long as their owners think that way it is fine with me, same with mine probably :), as i like realy colorful dragons *snicker*. People are always free to contact me if they like any of my dragons, but some are for keep and others are not, so if i say no that is because i am usualy useing that one as a parent for the hatchlings i produce :).
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

It's a real shame people feel the need to cause drama here in a community full of so many wonderful people.

I know for me personally I sometimes do not even have the time to look at these threads let alone post and respond to every person who posted a "show of". I DO see EVERY dragon posted though. I oogle them and make my ooooosss's and aaaaahhhhhhh's. I am guilty of saying more than once "nice dragons everyone" or something along those lines. I'd rather say something than nothing at all. If that leaves people a little offended or left out I'm sorry. But I work a lot in a high stress medical job and most night I am too tired to sit and make sure I get everyone. Not to mention. When there's 50 dragons posted by different people it's really tough to NOT miss someone when you're wore out and brain fried. So if I happen to post there please don't be upset if I do a blanket comment.

Secondly. And this is just my complete blatant honesty. If you gift, sell or whatever a dragon to another player do be upset when they exalt, re-sell etc. When that dragon leaves your lair it's no longer yours. You've no control or say in what happens. If you don't want it resold, exalted. Say that BEFORE you send it. Let the other player know you want it back if that becomes an option.

I don't know what happened. But I felt I should say that.

I'm pooping out already so I need to cut it off here. :( So in closing. Thank you lovely Tarn for this PSA (Petopian Service Announcement). Much :hug: to you all.

Zed aka Clan Pyroclastic

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

zedxrgal wrote:It's a real shame people feel the need to cause drama here in a community full of so many wonderful people.

I know for me personally I sometimes do not even have the time to look at these threads let alone post and respond to every person who posted a "show of". I DO see EVERY dragon posted though. I oogle them and make my ooooosss's and aaaaahhhhhhh's. I am guilty of saying more than once "nice dragons everyone" or something along those lines. I'd rather say something than nothing at all. If that leaves people a little offended or left out I'm sorry. But I work a lot in a high stress medical job and most night I am too tired to sit and make sure I get everyone. Not to mention. When there's 50 dragons posted by different people it's really tough to NOT miss someone when you're wore out and brain fried. So if I happen to post there please don't be upset if I do a blanket comment.

Secondly. And this is just my complete blatant honesty. If you gift, sell or whatever a dragon to another player do be upset when they exalt, re-sell etc. When that dragon leaves your lair it's no longer yours. You've no control or say in what happens. If you don't want it resold, exalted. Say that BEFORE you send it. Let the other player know you want it back if that becomes an option.

I don't know what happened. But I felt I should say that.

I'm pooping out already so I need to cut it off here. :( So in closing. Thank you lovely Tarn for this PSA (Petopian Service Announcement). Much :hug: to you all.

Zed aka Clan Pyroclastic
So much this. :) Also, even if you do state it, it's still up to them. It's no longer yours to demand what happens to it. If they wanna exalt it, that's their choice. You can be a little bummed but it's not the end of the world.

LisaaraPokefarm