Flight Rising Nuzlockes

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Flight Rising Nuzlockes

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I know quite a few Petopians play Pokemon and have done nuzlockes in that game, and have seen mentions of hunter-nuzlockes for WoW. So, I recently found my way into the creative board of Flight Rising and was surprised to find that people have started doing a similar thing with FR and writing it as stories. The main thread that started it all is here, but I kinda rewrote the rules so I could better understand them.

1. Exalt all but one dragon. Or hide all but one in a friend's lair or set aside a few pages for the challenge, whatever. This is your new clan's progen. Obtain an egg, hatch it, and start your adventure!
2. From here on, you can only obtain new dragons from eggs. You can find them by scavenging or through coliseum, raise nests of dragons that are part of the nuzlocke, or receive them as gifts from other players. You can only buy one egg per month.
3. The exception to rule 2 is that once a team of three dragons has reached level 25, you may buy one dragon from the auction house. This way, you can receive dragon breeds that have no obtainable breed change scrolls. To keep it balanced, try buying triple-basic hatchlings.
4. For breed changes, you can buy a scroll per each egg that you find and use it on any dragon. Eggs that are bought or donated do not count towards new scrolls.
5. You may scatter-scroll a dragon if you really don't like its colors, but only once it has reached level 25.
6. Gene up your 'locke dragons if you want, but they can only get their primaries once they reach level 10, secondaries once they reach 15, and tertiaries once they reach 20.
7. Nesting dragons have eggs to look after - they cannot be used in the coliseum.
8. On the topic of nests, not all eggs will do well and hatch without trouble. For each egg in a nest, flip a coin. Heads means a survivor. Tails means the hatchling dies. You can do this in order (first flip = first egg), or you can pick the survivors if you want. Dead hatchlings are exalted.
9. Dragons that fall in the coliseum are dead. Exalt them.

I'm about to start one up myself cause it looks pretty fun. I've already set aside a few pages of my lair and got my chosen dragon and hatched my first egg, now I just have to write up the start of my own story. I'm adding a few rules of my own to my nuzlocke, inspired by some other peoples posts, so I'll see how that all works out.

But is there anybody else doing one of these? Or interested in the idea? Have a link to the forum posts or the blog that has the story of your adventure?
Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Re: Flight Rising Nuzlockes

Unread post by Zhuge »

Kirrandria wrote:
8. On the topic of nests, not all eggs will do well and hatch without trouble. For each egg in a nest, flip a coin. Heads means a survivor. Tails means the hatchling dies. You can do this in order (first flip = first egg), or you can pick the survivors if you want. Dead hatchlings are exalted.
9. Dragons that fall in the coliseum are dead. Exalt them.

;_; I couldn't - I just... :( I love my pixels :lol:

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Zhuge wrote:

;_; I couldn't - I just... :( I love my pixels :lol:
i agree :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I love my pixels too xD I think, if I end up investing a lot of time in these Nuzlocke dragons I'm going to end up just giving them away to a petopian or somebody following the story I post up. I'll probably do that to hatchlings too - if I have big nests and a bunch survive, it'd probably fill up my lair very quickly.
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Whole lot of NOPE NOPE NOPE for me. I'm way too attached to my dragons. Plus, I've spent far too much on them to even think about doing anything like this. Good luck if you decide to try this though! You'll have to keep us informed! :hug:

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I'm attached hugely to my dragons (not the least because a good number of them are from Petopians), so I don't know that this is for me. But I hope your run goes well.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

Please keep us updated Kirr! :) I'd love to read the stories you weave around this :D

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Updates indeed! I did just post the first chapter of my nuzlocke story on the FR forums, so here you guys go! It's a little (see: really really) long, but there is a tl;dr recap at the end of it, so.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

im overly attatched + if i like the game so much, i tend to splurge on buying alot of stuff or more awesome looking dragons.. i cant seem to do it.. unless they have ugly babies.. ill do that then rofl