Flight Rising Challenges

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Flight Rising Challenges

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I didn't see a topic for this specifically, so... !

Challenges, be they for the Coliseum, breeding, or scavenging, don't seem to be in short supply for FR. I did the Xtreme Patience Coli Challenge sometime back, which ended with a Fire Egg for me! I'm currently doing a RNG breeding challenge, and I started a Nuzlocke challenge back a year ago, but... grew far too attached to my two Guardians and have now pushed that challenge off to the side.

Needing something to motivate me to farm Coli more, I decided to make up my own "Coli Cape Challenge", in which I'm going to farm every venue where a cape drops until one drops. I actually started this because, in all my Coli farming, I've only ever seen one cape drop. However, I've had at LEAST five eggs drop since I started. And yet, eggs are supposed to be rarer? The cheapest cape on the AH is 6k... apparently, they aren't supposed to be that hard to find. But for me, they are!

Anyway, I'm taking this challenge 500 battles at a time, stopping to sell everything after each round, seeing how much treasure I can rack up... Sometimes, getting food points (I only tend to convert food when I have a number ending in 0 or 5 to convert), but mostly selling. And, I'm making the bet that in at least half of these venues I'm going to find an egg before a cape.
Gladewalker Cape, Battles 1-500 wrote:Image(58)Image(117)Image(132)Image(144)Image(again at 189)Image(238)Image(255)Image(266)Image(again at 297)Image(301)Image(306)Image(441)Image(468)Image(477)

Earned 45kt.
Nada.

Edit: Round Two!
Gladewalker Cape, Battles 501-1000 wrote:Image(515)Image(544)Image(554)Image(566)Image(665,707)Image(710)Image(x2 736)Image(736, 789)Image(823)Image(837)Image(YES! 866)Image(870)Image(900)Image(912)Image(930)Image(989)

Earned 40kt
A lot mroe loot round two, but a bit less treasure - probably because I was able to covnert a good deal of food (300 points!). And I'm not even kidding about those two familiars and battlestone in the same fight - look!

So what challenges are other people participating in?
Last edited by Kirrandria on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: Flight Rising Challenges

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a challenge per say. It is for me because I have a really tough time leveling. But I challenged myself to have a level 25 mage dragon of every flight. I'm not brave enough for a Nuzlocke. :lol:
The reason this is a challenge is A) I'm lazy B) not patient to grind the coli and C) usually broke when it comes to all the stones said dragons need. Not to mention buy 11 tinctures isn't cheap either.
Currently three dragons are completed. Lightning, Plague and water. Working on shadow now who's at level 11. During NotN I was in the coli so much I got two dragons leveled. But that also burnt me out and have spent very little time in there. Oy. I am not sure if anyone else has tried this challenge specifically. If you have .................. pointers??? How do I keep my sanity?

If this doesn't qualify as a challenge any of the mods are free to delete my post.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Flight Rising Challenges

Unread post by Kirrandria »

That certainly seems a challenge xD I can't grind coli with the specific intent of leveling, and now that I've finally got a fully levelled team I'm intent on sticking with them. I've tried a few more, but I can't get past 9 or 10 before deciding it isn't worth it...

Listening to radio usually helps, and having item goals to aim for is nice. Farming a venue until I get a familiar or two is somehow more interesting to me than farming until I get a level or two, though they probably take the same amount of time.