LF Advice Thread

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: LF Advice Thread

Unread post by Ana »

Anyone got any good names for dragons who are painters? All I can come up with is Brush & Stroke

Also need good names for a Historians pair , and for A lumberjack/Woodworker pair

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Well, you could always use names of famous painters:
Male:
Vincent Van Gogh, Pablo Picasso, Claude Monet, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Salvador Dali, etc.

Female:
Frieda Kahlo, Mary Cassatt, Berthe Morisot, Joan Mitchell, etc.

I just used google for those; there's tons.

You could do Easel and Canvas; Watercolor and Acrylic; Artist and Painter; Digital and Traditional; etc.

I guess it just depends on which direction you're going. :)

Historians:
Indiana Jones & *any of his female companions from the movies; Library and Biblioteca (library in Spanish); Book and Pen/Pencil; you could google some famous historians; History and Herstory (Play on words because history can be split into his story, thus you also have herstory--her story). I'm kind of stumped on ideas for this category.

Lumberjacks:
Lumberjack and Lumberjill (the actual terms used for those type of people); Jack and Jill (for short); Pine and Oak (or any two types of trees, though those two are commonly used in wood working for furniture and such); Paul Bunyan and Babe; Saw and Spike/Hook/Flannel/etc; Fallen and Trees

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Some really cool ideas. ! Thank you :) I went with Canvas & Brush for my painters :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

So, I've got a question! I have this girl, who I'm going to start a 100 hatchling challenge with.
There's something about her secondary I didn't care for - I'm not sure if it's the pattern on her wings or her tail or what - so I've been saving up to get a gem gene for her and I'm really close! However, the secondary has kinda grown on me because despite disliking something about the pattern I do like the colors (Poi/Tox are such great genes for those accent colors omg), and I like the possibilities it gives for color in the preview. So, I'm not entirely sure what to do? Get Bee after all? I think her hatchlings might be more desirable this way. Or do I keep her as is? Maybe buy a skin or accent and just cover up those parts of the pattern I don't like?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I would keep her secondary as is. It's super pretty. No garantie that the hatchlings will sell with bee, and Toxin looks stunning on her :)

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Hmm. I'm thinking of giving Nyhm a new secondary soon. He current has current. I'm thinking of switching to either striation or trail. What do you think?

Currently: Image

Striation: Image

Trail: Image

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Trails looks wonderful on him

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Tough call. I think the bright stripes of striation balance the bright runes.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I think he'll look fabulous either way, but I kind of agree with GormanGhaste about how the colors balance out. I find my eye going to the striation version more and liking how the eye dances around to the striation stripes and runes.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh tough choices! If it was my dragon I would go for trail , I like the eye pattern it makes in the wings :D I scried him and also like freckle for some reason :D

I could use some advice myself..

I had some both lucky and unlucky scatters lately.. Namely these 3 oldies.. Just take a look on their tertiary colors :/. I could use some inspiration on what to do with the tert.. not sure if I dare scatter them again.. the primary and secondaries are so lovely plague colors

Image Image Image

Suggestion which may work.
ImageImage Image

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I love the Alexia scry, of course :)

Monty and Mcarine
ImageImage
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

I'm looking for some advice today. I am currently pondering purchasing my first XXY double obsidian Gen One. They are asking either:

20kg + my XXY double cerulean G1 (Grai) + a windbound plumage
( or )
10kg + my XXY cerulean G1 (Grai) + my XXY Forest G1 pair (Fenix & Shandril) + windbound plumage+ boneyard tatters.

Any G1 collectors know if this is a good deal? I'm waffling on this trade, but I really want it. I know double G1s are worth a TON. I've seen them go for 50kg plus. This particular one has been breed changed to a wildclaw and is fully gened with one gem gene and a custom accent. Opinions?

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Not a gen one collector.. but are two of yours not double´s too? so they basically want 3 doubles + 30k additional gems + windbound plumage and a boneyard tatters in trade for ONE of their double? To me that sound like bad deal....

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

Tårnfalk wrote:Not a gen one collector.. but are two of yours not double´s too? so they basically want 3 doubles + 30k additional gems + windbound plumage and a boneyard tatters in trade for ONE of their double? To me that sound like bad deal....
I think I may have stated that in a confusing way. The person selling offered me two options. I can do one OR the other. I wouldn't be doing both. ;)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh ok. Imo it is still A LOT to add for one double...Yours are gened too..if I remember correctly yours are skydancers though but that to me dont warrant an extra double gen one or a 5k old item on top :D Depends what you like though.. if your willing to shell out that much then its worth it to you <3

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

Tårnfalk wrote:Heh ok. Imo it is still A LOT to add for one double...Yours are gened too..if I remember correctly yours are skydancers though but that to me dont warrant an extra double gen one or a 5k old item on top :D Depends what you like though.. if your willing to shell out that much then its worth it to you <3
I think they are valuing their double obsidian at 40kg or more. So it seems reasonable to me as they tend to go for that much or more. But I was hoping someone here might have more experience in this than I? Maybe I'm needlessly worried. I don't know.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

The ah is not much help sadly.. the only double obs there are listed at 55 and 60k so they are prob valuable :D I would go with the grai trade if I were you.. your double forest to me is too nice a pair... not that Grai isnt nice but his tert is not ideal if you wanted an x/x/y with matching tert :D (Oki I love him with both ghost and opal so its up to you :D )

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

As much as I would hate to see you loose the cerulean ...I just..its a double obs WC but dang. Sounds high to me but let me poke around

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

Thank you for all the advice. I ended up working out a third deal. It gives up my double cerulean, but I get to keep my other two doubles. :) In case anyone remembers, this is the dragon I designed the custom accent for. <3

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I do remember :) nice you got another deal. In the end if you can look back with no regrets then it's the right deal to make :)