LF Advice Thread

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: The Advice on [inset Subject here] Thread

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Tarn, though expensive, I think your idea for those is spot on.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Hehe thanks Dew :D

Nef - i dont know what to say.. you got tons of nice dragons.. I sadly dont have room for hatchlings so i cant give any good advice. I only put petals on those of mine which i myself think looks really good :D If i owned your lair i would put Petals/Toxic/Glimmer on Hisao

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I don't know if this is really asking for advice or suggestions but here we go.

What do ya'll think I could get for Ginger if I ever sold her?

She's a five-digit double WC. As you can.. probably tell lol.
I scrolled her myself. (Parents are a fae and a guardian)
She does have lot of offspring, though.

Any thoughts??

I doubt I'd ever sell her but just in case the day comes, I might like to know what I should think about asking for her.
Thanks

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

She has no unnamed hatchling so she will sell for quite a lot as she is a double.

My double 5 digit wildclaw i payed a plague sprite, frigid fugitive shackles and a thrasher flatfin for

Ohh and Nef - i did not say what i said in your thread to insult you.. just for everyone not to create their own thread, and you guys asked for an advice thread :D

I think your girl looks awesome in Petals/Butterfly/Stained. She becomes a really nice metal looking dragon :hug:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I need to pair down some projects, here are the gen 1's I am currently trying to decide on. I like them all but would love to cut it down to 4 so in half basically any
Sky tert
Maroon Tert
Crimson Tert
Mulberry Tert
Goldenrod tert
Maize Tert
Stonewash Tert
Soil Tert

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

From what i understand of the gen 1 market doubles are more worth than z/y/x dragons? If i were you i would make a sale/auction thread with them all and see how many you could sell :D Defo the double black fae would sell as she has a wonderful tert. The maize tert mirror boy too i think

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Got an apparel piece for my Pinkerlocke today which means a new gene for someone (cos I'm not breeding the girls with Anth right now go away). With there being new genes since the last time ideas were tossed out I'm once again bringing little Iele in for some suggestions :D Remember I can only give her -one- gene right now. Treasure genes (poi/tox included) preferred as the two accounts share a credit card and I don't want to risk making anyone suspicious. Plus I just wasted a bunch of gems on the ever ungrateful Nix and Styx.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I suggest Poison/Seraph/Underbelly for her - I like how the poison matches the lemon :D .. though if you want to invest in a gem gene Butterfly got a lemon hue to it :D

Seraph vs. Butterfly
Image Image

You could always purchase the butterfly on one account and then send it as a gift or send it to someone else who then send it to your other lair.

My question.. i really wanted to make Nathanos & Sylvanas namesign specials but i think they are rather Meh.. need advice and suggestions for the name signs

Image Image

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Vare: I'm actually really fond of Tarn's suggestion of poi/but/UB for her, very pretty combo!

Tarn: I actually like their name signs as is, but I guess I tend to think that simple is better with some things. :lol:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I need advice on hatcheries and graphics. I've never run either before. I'm not sure how much to charge or anything.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Junrei i have run a somewhat successful hatchery since 4th November 2013

Feel free to go browse my setup and pm me here or on fr with any questions you have :D

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

I apologize profusely for not responding here lately. I keep meaning to, then the day gets away from me. (It was a crazy busy work week). So let's see if I can catch up! :hug:

Peridot: I think you decided to sell that 5 digit X/X/Y wildclaw, you could make a killing. I would thank at least around 10kg or treasure equivalent.

Syleye: Good heavens, if you ever decide to get rid of that double black maroon G1, I know I'd at least throw a good 5kg or more at you. That one is worth a TON. I'd keep a hold of that one if I were you. <3 Your teal/blood/sky is gorgeous as well. I think he'd fetch a decent price. The sand/slate/goldenrod is a real beauty as well. Likewise with the maize belly (snow/maize bellies always seem to sell well). The double stonewash I would think would fetch a very decent price too if sold. Most doubles do. The soil tert fae has a bit of an unfortunate tert, but her primary and secondary are amazing, so I'm not honestly sure on that one. Sad thing is, the G1 market is pretty stagnant recently. Not a lot of people are having much luck moving even usually desired colors. Maybe hold onto them awhile and then try in a month or so? :hug:

Varethyn: Oh my goodness, so many lovely choices for a gene on that gal. Poison looks really amazing with the other two genes basic for now.

Junrei: Just take a look through the dragon sales forum. You can find many hatcheries advertising there. Might give you some ideas on layout and graphics. As for prices, I always try to keep my hatchery priced within reason of current AH prices.

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Since im going through my lair and replacing them with old dragons i am thinking to do the same with Spangle & Tinsel

Image Image

problem is.. that it is going to be expensive (again :P ) to replace them... and im not sure if i can get the exact color combo and eye color....and i actually dont breed them .. but i DO like them both. Tinsel is actually the oldest non starving dragon with her color combo....and there are no below 3 million id match for Spangles colors...

so what would you do if these were yours?

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Wow Tarn hard one I don't think i could replace Tinsel, so much beauty with the whole set up and for sure not for another breed

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Okay I need some advice on flights, I am debating on swapping but not sure
Pro's to staying
1. Light often places in dom which is nice
2. light eyes are pretty matchy with most
3. the people are in general friendly
4. don't have to shell out 1500g for a change

Cons
1. not sure if light fits with my ideas of lair changes
2. ??

the 2 I am looking at are Plague or Ice

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Sy, can you further explain why you want to switch in like a brief summary? I don't know if i can offer advice without knowing your why, since the why could outweigh your pro/con list depending on your reasoning.

Tarn, If you want to replace them, you can always keep an eye out for a replacement, but I would not replace them without having the replacements already in your possession (and it sounds like they may be very hard to replace!) They're definitely keepers as is.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

My clan leaders ( replacing the old ones with reincarnations) are sort of vampiric and a lot of my lair is based on supernatural and magical creatures ( mythology) with the exception of my comic book based ones who are probably going to be the oddlings.

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Sy, then it sounds like you may want to be plague (or shadow or arcane/magical). Unless you want glittery light vampires. ;)

basically sounds like you need to figure out your lore to determine what flight you want to be in.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Dewclaw wrote:Sy, then it sounds like you may want to be plague (or shadow or arcane/magical). Unless you want glittery light vampires. ;)

basically sounds like you need to figure out your lore to determine what flight you want to be in.
Yeah :( it's almost like 2 factions I really wish we could have sub lairs

* I wonder would it be easier to just organize my lair by factions?

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Tarn: I've always liked Spangle and Tinsel so if they were mine I'd probably keep them. But I'm also not a stickler for dragon ID's. :lol:

Syleye: Have you thought about using any of FR's established lore to merge with your own and help you decide a flight? I went Ice not just for eyes that match everything but because of the theme of survival the flight has. Their homeland is extremely harsh and cruel; clans either make it there or they don't. The dragons of this flight are preservers, unemotional, cold, analyzing and cataloguing the world. I found that hovering over the different flights' homes on the World Map and reading about their leader really helped me in my decision to pick a flight. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]