LF Advice Thread

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: LF Advice Thread

Unread post by Ana »

I took the round color wheel and took it apart as I don't think the colorgradience fit together. . Heh Im not good at explaining today. I want to redo the colorwheel so it's more consistent in it's colors. E.g I want Sanddollar higher up than Goldenrod as it is a lighter color. Moon and Antique is more grayscaled (on the wheel atleast ( and should either have a recolor on the wheel or be moved. .. I sux at explaning lol.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Ahh my bad! Something more like this? Except in shade order, not colour order.

Examples from the thread: Image (Maize) Image (Cream) Image (Antique) and etc.

Something might be able to be done using these.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I think I need to retake my English exam :P I am even qualified to teach English but I cant with the words today :P - Or maybe it is my mind.. I dont understand how those cards work.. I check the site and it just make me comfuzzled :P

some thing like this but better.. only done with paint gradients colores - I would love the palette to focus on one color gradient instead of just going from maize - white.. It makes more sense in my mind.. well maybe not the deeper colors as they border to ivory (cream) and goldenrod (maize) but the wheel should be more of one color gradianting from light to dark, then the next and the next and so on..

REALLY bad try at the first colors of a new gradient color wheel

Its hard to be inside my brain right now.. I can litterarly SEE the image in my head but cannot get it on paper.. more on the linie of something like this .

Tried making a wheel of the yellow with some fr colors next to it.. Does this even make sense to anybody but me I wonder..

I should just give up... :? :shock:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I think I was in the same chapter but not on the same page. I got the concept but not the official idea. Sorry.

What I was going for was taking the images from the second page and reordering them. I'd just posted some examples to show what was on the page without you needing to visit it if you didn't want to.
(As an aside, what that thread is about is the main colour and its accents - the colours it makes the horns and belly and what colours show up in some genes.)
Though as a whole it doesn't sound like it was quite what you were after. Maybe someone else will have a better understanding than me.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh I think I just give up lol. .. I don't think it can be done in pratice lol. . Thanks for trying hun ! :hug:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Im in a "ughn my dragons bio are soo much worse than anyone elses" so yes i am contemplating to change bio layout.. again! i could use some suggestions/feedbkacks.. and yes I been through the bio links on the helpfull page :D - What do you like/dislike about my current bio layout? The more specific you can be the better :D If you like any other setup better why? Specific helps me decide :D Dont think of the text (I prob change that anyway) but more the flow of the bio. :D Does it make you go WOW? Why/Why not. Do you want to read the text ? Why/Why not

Thanks in advance for your help :hug: :hug:

Current (Click my dragon)

Considering these (with a slight change of pictures to fit my clans theme) - click the links to see

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/ ... t_28638358 - might replace the animals.. not sure

https://imgur.com/m0fPqAx - got way too many sections for me.. but I kinda like the pirate theme... might use the boat?

maybe some of the stuff here ... Idk .. kinda stuck :P
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2167344

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

SO my thought on this is maybe use the beast one but replace the beasts with your clan symbol and the beastclan flag with a plague one. The second bio is very long and involved

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Syleye wrote:SO my thought on this is maybe use the beast one but replace the beasts with your clan symbol and the beastclan flag with a plague one. The second bio is very long and involved
I would agree with Syleye! That is a great idea! :D

-----

Weird question: I changed my avatar recently and I was curious if anyone would be able to suggest which forum vista to match it? I just can't decide...

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Hmm on the top on my head color match is
#Treasure Hoarder
#Autumn
#Lantern Forestille
#Solar
#Flamecaller

I don't know the vistas who drops sadly

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Ashaine I think the autumn one would look great

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

1:47 am in Denmark and im not in bed.. but working on my bios :P .. different template.. lots more need to be done... but this is it so far. Just shown on random dragon bought on ah who will be exalted when Im done

What you think so far? - would it be better without the animated gif and the flag? wourked out of this https://imgur.com/EkLqdAsbut used fire as base as the plague version comes off too pick for me this is fire : https://imgur.com/kC974BO .. but I cant get mine to look as neat as the original layout... :P

link to forum post where the codes are :http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2103505

Hubby says i need to find my bed now :) i work more on it tomorrow

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'll take lil templatetester when her work is done! Anyway, I love the gif. I have some of those on some of my dragons (and I really should work on bios at some point)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ive been thinking to change my user id on fr and on here. Tårnfalk is history as I am not going to play Wow again. But I have no clue on what else to go by. I don't feel Jill would fit me (my clan leader in fr )

Should i just stick with Tårnfalk even though she is no longer a part of my life? Or do you have any suggestion for a new user name ?

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I dunno. I completely understand your reasoning, but I will probably always think of you as tarn.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

It's up to you! Usernames are hard when they're not based on something like a character name. My username is old and dated, but by the time I was considering changing it, even people in real life were calling me Lupis- so that's what it will remain!

You could keep Tarnfalk as it is simply what you've been known by here, unrelated to your character. Or if you wanted a new brand, think of a word that means a lot to you, or even a nickname you used to go by. "Lupis Darkmoon" was a character name I made up in 6th grade for a story I never wrote, but as the character was a self insirt, I ended up using it online as the last of a long line of wolf-related names.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I mean I only use The Lime of Doom for everything now because that's what everyone knows me as. It's my Artist alley name etc. Can't change ya brand XD
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh yeah I might keep Tårnfalk.. I doubt most of you remember what I was called before (Tivoli) which also were a character from wow but at the same time an amusement park in Denmark :D

But I kinda like Tårnfalk better than Tivoli.. Thanks for the input.. It´s not an urgent thing.. just something I been thinking about

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I wanted to ask advice on pricing hatchlings these days!

What's reasonable to expect for the most part? Is it better to try for treasure or gems, and are there any suggestions someone can give me for trying to sell at a decent price but not overprice it?

Also is it good to post them somewhere on the FR forums, or just throw them in the AH and hope for the best? Thanks!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

4 gems is garantied to sell from what I have experienced. Usually also 5 gems but that might also not sell. I think gems is easier to sell for as it's hardest to get. . Not sure what the treasure fodder floor is... adults is min 7k. If there is a dom battle it can go up to 18k.

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I mostly sell for around 5 gems. It's the only way i can collect gems, so I don't sell for treasure. You can probably browse the AH and get an idea of what stuff is selling for as far as treasure. New genes have a short period where things sell high, then prices drop off.