LF Advice Thread

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: LF Advice Thread

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh Syleye, I love the last scry!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

While I appreciate your scries I'm afraid none of them are what I'm looking for. However, I had neglected to try Stained. Mostly cos it affects the entire dragon which makes balancing the primary and secondary that much harder (and cos it makes me want to try and add another tert).

After several hours of mixing and matching this is probably the closest I'll get to what I'm looking for, and even this doesn't feel right to me:
Hickory/Chocolate/Tarnish

Sadly I think getting my 'preferred' look is impossible with what is currently available, as I'd like the primary to be a little lighter and not necessarily use Jaguar. So I'm still kinda torn on what I want to do.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Try making a skin then? You can customize it to add color you want.. try to make a few and see which you like best?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

For the few petopians versed in dragon auctions, can anybody give me a bit of advice on terminology/etiquette? Like, what is a snipe guard, is it worth it to try bidding if you could go for AB, stuff like that?? I'm new to this, but boy oh boy do I wanna get into it.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Snipe Guards prevent people from waiting until the last second of the auction to place a bid.
When a bid is placed around the last moment, the Snipe Guard will extend the time for the auction by a set amount of time to allow the other people a chance to put in their bid.
When the time of the Snipe Guard has expired with no bids after that, then the auction is over.

Siggy under construction!

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Ahhhh, thank you! I kept seeing that and then a recurring snipe guard (which I'm guessing just means it'll continue extending every time someone bids, then), and was like "What?".
Thanks for that :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Went through all the vistas available.. and the only one really fitting me is the nightmare vista which is a kickstarter thing so yeah not going to happen

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde ... st_1458402

Im almost done with my breeding cards and I have written my lore and everything.. but Im thinking of changing it all again..not feeling The Plagued Rose is that good a name... I mean plagued is a bad thing?
defines as

*cause continual trouble or distress to
*pester or harass (someone) continually.
* an epidemic disease causing a high rate of mortality
*a virulent contagious febrile disease that is caused by a bacterium (Yersinia pestis) and that occurs in bubonic, pneumonic, and septicemic forms — called also black death
*a sudden unwelcome outbreak

What else could I call myself which are more ... well friendly not harmful .. not sure if I want to go down that road since I already got an accent made specifically from Ashaine to match the theme.. but then again I don't like the thought of the names origin.

I know I sound crazy but I just feel I need something more... well me. I know I changed a lot. I still want to be IN the plague flight due to the red eyes and well due to that I dot want to rescatter 200 dragons.. and I like the color red...I like skulls and bones, there is nothing wrong with skulls and bones, they are what is left when an animal die... but how do I combine my liking of skulls, bones, taxidermi (all things which I find naturally) and my unliking for anything harmfull, evil, fighting, magic, unnatural things etc?

I still want a ship where my dragons are on, so I dont have to change too much of my lore, and I kinda like the idea of a "tardis" ship. my matriarch accidental travels through different games /time/space. Unik dr.who she has no control over where her "tardis " takes her and when. It's not really a tardis but it is a vessel which changes it's outer and inn er layout depending on where it lands. It is impregnable, its bigger on the inside then on the outside. It is always around my main character but not always something you can go into. Sometimes it's a creature who protects you.. In wow it was my snow leopard, in everquest my mount etc. In fr it's a "pirate " ship,which you can go into and which is bigger on the inside. ..yeah i know confusing . The ship /vessel is not magic. It's technoligy (on mobile can't spell )

Maybe something which show my love for collecting and breeding old dragons? I dont know... Im feeling a bit lost in fr and maybe a whole new change would help me... (again :mrgreen: :shock: :roll: )

trying with a more neutral pair template.. nothing fancy, just simply showing the dragons and their color range and hatchling possibilities:

saying hatchery presents as I haven't decided on a new name or if I want a new name. This will be see through in the post where i make these. I might come up with a name for each pair.. though not sure if I got the fantasy to come up with names for 100 pairs.... Still think the paircard is VERY large compared to others.. but I feel if I shrink it it will take away the "I can clearly see the range" from it? (made one with hatchlings instead of adult offspring too.. might like that better .. not sure.. or with a background?

Small version:
Adult offspring preview :Image vs hatchlings : Image
Vs. background (plaguenest used as random) Image

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

Oh Tarn :hug: You should definitely keep 'rose' in there somewhere! Would 'crypt' be too dark for you? So something like RoseCrypt or maybe VaultofRoses? Vault would hint at your collecting of all things - dragons, gen 1s, old dragons :D I think vault also hints towards being a keeper, and a tardis like structure - you never know just how big a vault is! :) Hope this helps :hug:

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Crypt is a tad too dark for me. ..thanks for your feedback! ! Always good to hear others thoughts

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I dunno, you could try ancient rose or something similar to honor your old dragons, but it sounds like you maybe want to try something new, so maybe you want to emphasize the new theme more than the old.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I was warm on Shantih because I as a youth read about a horse named that, it means peace, rest, calmness, tranquility, or bliss but it sadly has its origin in Buddhism... and I don't want any names with reference to religion. I dont recall what the books was about as I was too young when I read them... only remember the horse´s name

Yeah I think a whole new approach would be good. .. I was thinking of a small bird to comebine with the lovebirds vista.. but my favorite small big is called Great Tit in English so that is a no go! :mrgreen:

Different subject.. toyed with the paircard template.. it needed something so I added the parents colors opposite of eachother.. like this. Its simple but still stands out a little? I know I need to move the text on examples of hatchlings up a bit..but this is just template so :D

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I like the new template with the two colored circles! I think it stands out a little more than the previous one.

As for a new name, hmm! Maybe "Tranquil Rose"?

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

How about using something that defines your love and collection of old dragons while emphasizing their status of survival throughout the years, like Eternal Roses or Everlasting Roses? Or maybe substituting the word Rose for Bloom, like The Eternal Bloom Hatchery/The Everlasting Bloom Hatchery? Dewclaw's sugestion of the word Ancient would also fit in nicely with this concept.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Thanks so much for all your feedback!! I think I want to move away from the word rose. . Bloom is pretty but not really a name I would associate with a ship. .
I need something more. .nautical but not so much that it remind ppl of the water flight. . I was thinking of "Knotty And Nice " but it's a bit meh. Also been toying with Jill's sanctuary/refuge /safe haven but the username Jill is taken so might need to rename my matriarch too..

Soo many options but feeling they not perfect. .;) I am picky. ..

Just throwing some words down to see if I or you guys later can come up with something. Might add on to it later. .mind bit dry.
Color words: Red,
nautical words: Sails/Sail, Sea, Ocean, Crew, Pacific, Ship, Boat, Brig, Vessel, Mast, Salt/Salty,
Other words :tranquil/tranquility, refuge, sanctuary, reserve, ancient, archaic, Elder, Old, Adventure, Travel, Tricorn (the name of a pirate hat )

Other language stuff ((there are more words than what I have written but these are the only ones i kinda liked)
Red in other languages: Matanah, Cervena, Xerle, Merah, Lari
Sea in other languages: Nyanja,
Adventure in other languages: Irin,

Just playing with words:
Xerle´s Nautical Refuge for Old Dragons
Merah´s Crew of Traveling Old/Ancient Dragons
Lari´s Sanctuary
Cervena´s Adventures On The Sea
Nyanja´s Travels Through Time, Space And Reality (too much like Tardis imo but just playing)

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I've been trying to think of some good words for you Tarn but failing to come up with anything that really sticks. Plus I've been out all day today so I'm super tired :lol: What would you think of using different shades of red? After doing some brief, sluggish looking around when I got home I got Scarlet Shanty Sanctuary stuck in my mind. Would something along those lines work?

Also what is the character limit for user names these days?

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

hehe no idea what the limit is but I could name myself Scarlet but that's sadly taken (plus it reminds me of gone with the wind :P ) I think the Scarlet Shanty Sanctuary is not too bad but not perfect.. I like that it abbreviates SSS though :P. Thanks so much for trying to help me! I have yet to come up with a name myself :mrgreen: :lol:

Ive been looking into fantasy names with
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/vortexshadow/names.html

and

https://www.jrrvf.com/hisweloke/sindar/ ... en-sd.html

eg. The Alianna (The Sea Lady - from the angelfire site). Though tad to boring and meh for me atm

Narrowed the signature option down a bit.. I think.. none of these are really good :D found a banner maker online (https://www.canva.com/design/DADRBsAteJ ... R-LKA/edit) .. but not sure i like these

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

How about the word 'Armada', like 'The Sanguine Armada' or something along those lines? It would emphasize both the Plague flight and your desire for homing pirate dragons.

Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Niabi - Uhh Armada I like.. but its more like an army of fleets right? My dragons are peaceful ones despite their looks :P I know I am weird. I like the word though. . But as far as I know it's multiple ships. . And my dragons only got one they are onboard. . I have played with something Similar like "The Maroon Mariner" but still nothing which stick totally :D

I know im difficult.. I just want it to be perfect heh :hug: I might use the lantern divider.. haven't decided yet though.. so maybe something with lantern in it.. just cant find anything good.. and not sure if I want to use the Lantern divider.. it was the most nautical one i could find...if someone knows a better nautical but not waterflight divider i would love to get a link :D

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

Candles could work as a divider, they're pretty neutral in regards to theming and were used on ships as a source of light at one time.

The lanterns you currently have remind me too much of Chinese New Year. How about rope or anchor chain as a border? Rope can be both nautical and neutral. The anchor chain might be steering ( :lol:, See what I did there!) a bit too close to the Water Flight but I felt like it was worth a suggestion. If you still prefer lanterns as a border choice, how about the ones like you would find on the end of the Steampunk Tail Baubles attire? They look a bit closer to what lanterns would've looked like on sailing ships back in the day.

There's also:
Image and Image
A combination of both lantern and candle. If you or someone you know is proficient in Microsoft Paint 3D or similar programs, one or both of these could be turned into a border too!

Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Sadly both those candles/lamps have something to do with the supernatural/undead/magic so i cant use them. Yeah i dont like the lanterns either after looking at them... kinda lost :D