LF Advice Thread

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: LF Advice On [Insert Subject Here] Thread

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I think they're both great, but I personally prefer underbelly.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Varethyn: I'm always partial to glimmer with butterfly, but honestly the flat color of the underbelly looks wonderful as well. So I say if it saves you money and you like it more, then go underbelly! Both genes look amazing. I'll definitely be interested in future hatchlings. ♥

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Im partical to glimmer to but I agree with Ashaine, underbelly looks nice and is the cheaper alternative

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I have a problem. A while ago someone asked me to ping them if I ever got a wildclaw with orca tert from Nix and Styx. Today they finally had one but I can't find them in the Search nor find the message that the person had sent me. I'm assuming they changed their name as even though Search says there's 1 match nothing shows up. I don't remember deleting the message and I'm sure it was recent enough to not have been lost otherwise. I'm also extremely hesitant to post in the forums in attempt to reach out.

What should I do? I'd feel bad selling her straight up but I have no means of contacting the person who asked.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

either they changed their name or got locked. maybe try to google their user name? If they were active on the forums it might pop up

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

If they changed their name without telling.. well then i would just give up tbh heh

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

If they changed their username, then you can still find them by doing a forum search on FR. I find out who changed their name to what by doing that all the time. ;)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: LF Advice Thread

Unread post by Ana »

When ever I look at other ppls dragons bio I think they look way better than mine own.. I want to improve the bio design of my dragons.. I could use some suggestion and help :D

This is how all my bios are build up.. just different with name sign and bio text for each

I kind also want to include color range with mates in the bio design but not sure how to do it..

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Tarn sending you a pm on FR t try and explain what I am thinking

Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

As I mentioned in the Show Dragons thread, I am thinking about starting a Pinkerlocke. Or rather, I already have, I just haven't started posting anything yet. Unfortunately, one of the rules of Pinkerlocke is that when you pull a trinket, you're supposed to do some sort of art, and I, naturally, pulled a trinket yesterday. I spent the whole day struggling to draw stick figures, and didn't even manage that, so my question to you lot is: what could I do instead of art for trinket pulls? I am abysmal with ALL forms of art, so even making banners, etc. would be impossible.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Name signs? Like this one

all you need is paint, clipart/google img search and some fronts you can download free on the internet ?

Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

It's a thought, but honestly, even that sounds very complex. :lol: I think I'm just not a very visual person. I've been thinking that maybe I should make trinket pulls bio box writing days, and material pulls are for advancing the story. Hmh. Or then I'll just beg my ex-husband to draw some quick scribbles. In 5 minutes he can draw something more complex and cooler than I could manage after hours and hours of frustration and struggling. Honestly, how can people enjoy drawing? :?

Thank you for the idea though, Tarn. :hug: :hug: :hug:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Mozag wrote:As I mentioned in the Show Dragons thread, I am thinking about starting a Pinkerlocke. Or rather, I already have, I just haven't started posting anything yet. Unfortunately, one of the rules of Pinkerlocke is that when you pull a trinket, you're supposed to do some sort of art, and I, naturally, pulled a trinket yesterday. I spent the whole day struggling to draw stick figures, and didn't even manage that, so my question to you lot is: what could I do instead of art for trinket pulls? I am abysmal with ALL forms of art, so even making banners, etc. would be impossible.
Art is one of the things that ended my Pinkerlocke due to artist's block/lack of time/motivation along with lack of inspiration for the story. I've been wanting to pick it back up or start a new one myself with modified rules so that things aren't forced. Is there anything else creative you enjoy doing? Making things irl? Or if you just want something to start out perhaps a simple title card for the story. Otherwise I'd imagine commissions/requests would work fine. Or you could skip it altogether.

Here's my original post on the topic:
Varethyn wrote:I've been considering doing some RP again but I'm not sure how to go about it. I don't think my previous Pinkerlocke is an option any more given how long it's been since I last updated it, plus I never got a feeling for where the story was going. I thought of doing a full-on Nuzlocke as well but I'm not sure how best to write for that, plus being extremely limited on how you got new dragons put me off, which is why I liked the idea of the Pinkerlocke cos it gave prompts for when to write among other things. But it's those daily prompts and other things that caused me to ultimately burn out as it takes ages for me to write a chapter and often I simply am not in a creative mood. Add to that prompts for art and that's what made me give up. So many missed posts cos I had no inspiration/time/interest.

One Pinkerlocke I read recently had the idea of adding a twist to the art prompt (trinkets) by adding a heads-or-tails mechanic wherein heads was art and tails was the option to bring in a temporary character to the story. They also kept writing despite which item they got that day (sometimes throwing multiple posts together like I did a couple times). I quite like these cos the former adds variety, and in our case I could ask you guys if you'd like to see one of your dragons in my story, and the latter allows creativity without the stress of keeping it daily and negates the possibility of nothing interesting occurring (Coliseum update blah blah this many rounds, this dragon is now level x etc).

What other ideas can you guys think of that could make a Pinkerlocke, or any 'locke variant, more interesting without causing too much burnout?

For anyone interested the basic FR Nuzlocke rules can be found here and Pinkerlocke here.
Regardless of what you decide to go with I look forward to seeing it :D

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Thanks for your input and ideas, Varethyn. It was a shame you stopped yours, I really enjoyed reading it and it still remains a huge inspiration! Whether you continue your old one, or start a new one, I can't wait to read it. I completely agree though, it's not worth getting stressed over, so maybe I'll just skip those trinket days or do something like writing or coliseum instead. IF I manage/want to commission art, then I'll post that. These things are supposed to be fun, after all. :)

Edited to add, since I pressed submit too early: I hope you're feeling better, Vare. :hug:

Tarn - That actually looks great, and I was all excited and inspired to go and try it out. My attempts were woeful however, and I hastily deleted the evidence. Seriously, everything artistic I do would shame a five year old. And I know this, because my 6 year old daughter draws better than I do. :lol:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Oki made you a template with background who fits the dragons bio. All you need to do is delete the text i wrote and write something and put pictures in the boxes

Example - not a good one but still :D

super simple template which I hope you can use :mrgreen: :hug: you can always color in the frames i put around the pictures for easier/smoother way to post pictures.

Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

<3 :hug:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

heh anytime.. Im not at all good at the art stuff myself... so know the frustrations. Really looking forward to see what you come up with :D

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

For dagon bio ideas, I have listed some free layout links in the helpful resources sticky thread! Check them out! <3

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Mozag wrote:As I mentioned in the Show Dragons thread, I am thinking about starting a Pinkerlocke. Or rather, I already have, I just haven't started posting anything yet. Unfortunately, one of the rules of Pinkerlocke is that when you pull a trinket, you're supposed to do some sort of art, and I, naturally, pulled a trinket yesterday. I spent the whole day struggling to draw stick figures, and didn't even manage that, so my question to you lot is: what could I do instead of art for trinket pulls? I am abysmal with ALL forms of art, so even making banners, etc. would be impossible.
Might I suggest using doll maker. I find them a fun little thing to add to bios
http://www.dolldivine.com/
http://www.rinmarugames.com/