LF Advice Thread

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: LF Advice Thread

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I vote bog! I like how the filigree is patterned on its face more.
And thanks guys! I think I'll hang onto the camo girl and keep breeding the pair until they give me a small nest. Their first one was four eggs, so unless I get a one/two nest I should have plenty of chances for my girl. the range is pretty sizeable (Emerald to Murk) but not horribly so. It's the coatl cooldown that'll kill me :lol:
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

So, I've been looking for a phthalo primary/cream tert G1 girl for awhile now and finally got one last night! I knew what genes I wanted for those, but my problem is figuring out what to do with her secondary? I definitely don't like butterfly. I was honestly hoping for a more grey secondary, but no such luck. I'm thinking toxin or trail? Opinions welcomed and encouraged! <3

EDIT: went with trail after getting your feedback! Thanks!

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I think freckle matches well with the primary
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Defo Trail over Toxin imo

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I like trail for the secondary. The butterfly does look nice to me, but it does have a bit much purple in it - doesn't quite match the primary. Trail had those lighter colors that makes it work!
If you're looking for white, though, Paint adds a lot of white! Although, the white in paint doesn't match the cream color too well, in my opinion.
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

Kirrandria wrote:I like trail for the secondary. The butterfly does look nice to me, but it does have a bit much purple in it - doesn't quite match the primary. Trail had those lighter colors that makes it work!
If you're looking for white, though, Paint adds a lot of white! Although, the white in paint doesn't match the cream color too well, in my opinion.
I said white when I should have said grey. I corrected that. I plan to use the Ash lace apparel on her. A grey secondary would have been ideal, but alas, no luck there. Paint would go too white for what I'm looking for. Looks like trail is the winner thus far. :)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Newest addition to my lair... Need gene help :D

Image vs Image vs Image

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

ImageImage

Gem genes X_x But the accent gem in the Filigree matches the secondary really well, especially when you brighten it up ala a gene like Facet. Not so sure on the primary, a few of them create a mess around the Filigree areas, but Giraffe doesn't look too bad! Skydancer or Spiral because they're Wind breeds! :lol: But other breeds work too.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh I agree with the filigree but only if her eyes have been red :/ ... I dont like it with the wind eyes .. too much of a clash :D Would like to avoid gem genes.. Have too many who need gem genes :P

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I like contour the best of those three.
Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Okay, so.... I've been getting good at making decent chunks of change on FR and I think I should finally try to go for some retired fest. familiars. I'm just wondering if I should go for the hardest first or if I should nab the ones I can now... probably a Water sprite and an Ice or Shadow. Saving up 45k gems is going to be TOUGH for me, especially with some gene projects coming up, but the 2k or so I need for cheaper sprites actually doesn't seem all that terrible to me. I dunno, would you guys go for the worst first, or nab all the easy ones and save up for the big bad on the side?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Cheap ones first as they also would raise in price with time. Then when you "only " need the expensive ones it be easier to save. .I think :)

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I need help with lore. So, there's a Nature subspecies called Canopies that I agreed to help with oohh....like last fall? I haven't done anything with them because, well, winter is not a good time for me. Anyway, I still can't think of a way to flesh out their lore than doesn't come across as the same old recycled themes Nature subspecies tend to have. I need something fresh for them. The only lore they came with is two kinda conflicting snippets.
Hey we are a Nature subspecies called the Canopies.
Our colors represent a large forest under a blue sky our feet have the color of tree stems, we are one with the forest around us. Some say our colors are perfect for camounflage, we say: We have our colors because we are born to serve nature itself.
We are mostly warriors, some are priests, but everybody will protect life.
When one of us fight, he or she will only end the fight when nature and life is ready to take over without our help.
When we die, every individual body will turn into a real forest.
These dragons tend to be ambush hunters; larger breeds mimicking small strands of trees and waiting for their prey to seek shelter in the 'strand' to strike while smaller dragons pretend to be branches in the higher branches of trees.
Personally, I love the idea of a camouflaged ambush hunter, but I don't want to completely give up the other, because that's from the original creator.

Help?

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I am REALLY bad at this lore business.. took me 5 years to write my own lair lore :P but here is my go at it. ... Also early so I cant spell

Breed name :Canopies

Lore: A long life in the jungle of (insert nature subregion here) has adapted these dragons to their environments. Their scales and feathers are able to camouflage into the surroundings; large trees with blue sky above and grass below. This make the Canopies formidable hunters as they wait for their prey to seek shelter in the forest. The prey mistaken them for the trees around them and before the prey realize their mistake they are dead.

Not all Canopies are hunters; the long life in the jungle has learned them something else than camouflage; a mutual understanding and respect for the life in the forest. Canopies see their camouflaged skin as a gift from (Insert nature god here; cant recall his name) and scholars learn the new generation to respect life, whilst priest worship the (Insert nature god here; cant recall his name) by given gifts from their hunts on their alters (or what ever you have in nature)

When the Canopies fight, he or she will only end the fight when nature and life is ready to take over without our help. The circle of life is important to them, and the Canopies find great comfort knowing that when they die, their bodies furtiles the ground for the trees around them; making them a part of the forest even in death.

---

should probably be longer but heh as i said im not good at this.

-------

I just finished writing Jills bio. Take a look and let me know what you think

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

Tårnfalk: I think Jill's bio looks great! :D

Looking for apparel help on this new lovely lady:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

The dusky rose twilight apparel looks nice.. maybe combied with the purple silk which I dont recall the name off

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

Love the dusky rose apparel, Tarn! Thanks! ♥ And I think the night sky silks are what you're thinking of, though they are navy, not purple. You could layer them with the pink or red to make them look purple, but the color doesn't match shadow iri/shim too well, sadly. It's very dark. Here's my Malavai as an example of the stacked silks:

Plus stacking night sky silks with the soft pink or crimson is just WAY too expensive to do a second time. :(

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ahh :D Another go at it. Also instead of gold you could go with the blue accent in the cloak.. I think there are blue candles and rose stockings :)

Possible match with the Shining Peacock Feather accent

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I am somewhat satisfied with the breeding card I have now but I´ve been told its hard to see the color range and hatchling images... not sure how to redo them

My current breeding card

Changes suggestion:
a:

-----------------
b:

-----------------
C:

-----------------
D:

Not sure yet

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Is there a way to display the color ranges without a white spacer between each color?

Also as far as 'c' goes, I would rather see good images of the parents without apparel than pics of potential hatchlings.