Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: LF Advice On [Insert Subject Here] Thread

Unread post by Syleye »

Giraffe and Runes look nice on him

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Tårnfalk wrote:need ideas on how to gene my moss dweller druid boy :D

genes im allowed to give him - i prefer to keep his secondary as shimmer i think.. unless you can come up with a look which is better :D :

Primary Genes: Basic, Tiger, Clown, Speckle, Ripple, Bar, Vipera, Piebald, Cherub, Giraffe, Jupiter, Iridescent, Falcon

Secondary Genes: Basic, Stripes, Freckle, Current, Daub, Paint, Peregrine, Toxin, Hex, Saturn, Shimmer

Tertiary Gene:Basic, Underbelly Smoke, Spines, Okapi, Thylacine, Stained, Contour.

plus special for his pack : Crackle, gembond and runes.

Petals, Butterfly Skink, Spinner,Glimmer, Poison & Toxin are allowed but only where the genes don't add a too bright hue to the colors - and i would like to stay away from gem genes :P
I kinda like his tiger and okapi, but if you want to steer away from that falcon/shim/contour look really good, spines will always look good, ripple is handsome on him, jupiter and smoke is kind of a cool look.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

should I exalt these 3 or turn them into scatter projects
ImageImageImage

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Scatter!! Because it is not at all frustrating ;-). I would scatter if I were attached to the dragons.. else chuck away and buy eggs for the gems.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

I've tried to sell them, but all 3 are gen 1's :(

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Nothing sells sadly...scatter the ones you gened?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

yeah thinking maybe so. *hugs*

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

If I had space I'd snatch that white /leaf guardian from you Syleye. Like no joke.
He has so much potential
ImageImage

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I made a new subspecies - the Canine Hybrid... let me know what you guys think heh

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2179841

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

don't know why i bother
Last edited by Syleye on Fri May 05, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Tårnfalk wrote:I made a new subspecies - the Canine Hybrid... let me know what you guys think heh

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2179841
looks cute Tarn instead of the word dog I may use hainu seems how that seems to be FR's dog

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

I haven't played in... a long time. I know they've added a lot of new colors, a new breed, new genes.. etc, but is it really worth it to come back?

Breeding gave minimal money and most ended up as exalt fodder. This to me killed the whole getting dragons in the colors I wanted, geneing them up and breeding them to make beautiful offspring... only to have them sacrificed for the weekly exalt. While I may still own the pretty dragon, it just ruined breeding for me. Why breed? For 2-3k a baby? I didn't like to exalt myself, but honestly it was worth more money in the end. Not enough people to take all the babies put out.

The grind of getting the gold to buy the genes and breed change scrolls. Baby making, as mentioned, became piddles for that. So we have games. Spend a while playing games and get your maximum a day. Some scrolls ran 4-600k and that's just for one scroll. It was a bit much for casual play. Then I was running into the issue where I FINALLY got enough for the gene I wanted.. out of what few that were available... and then a new one I liked better got released. I understand that this is what keeps the whole thing going, constantly saving up for new things, but it gets old. Like WoW does after a while.

I was also a first gen collector. I know a lot of mine would be worth quite a bit to some people as there is a demand for "old" dragons, specially first gen ones. I have several of the first release Nocturne's as well, a few I never managed to trade off for better colors.

Did they ever add a Tert Scatter only? I would love to get a better Tert for my starter dragon since we couldn't pick that and I don't want to get rid of him or risk his other colors I picked. Although... hard some of those colors been there at the start I might have picked differently.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Sadly they dont have atert scatter... There is A LOT of demands for old dragons, but the rules about them is kinda strict.. the id number needs to be under 3 million. But I am sure if you decided to sell them you could make a good deal of money them being gen 1´s.

I breed for myself mostly. I love seeing new hatchlings. And you make a little money doing it so why not. Genes are the same thing pricewise and the games has really not improved so it is still hard to gene stuff.

If you decide to return you need to get your mindset wrapped around that nothing is selling.. really.. sometimes even dragons with the latest gene dont sell. I´ve gotten use to it but it can be a hazzle. What keeps me going is my plans and scatters :D

My friends and I will help you with food if you need :D

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Yeah, as discouraging as it can be to be excited about a pair and have nothing sell, I've admittedly found more enjoyment in viewing breeding as a fun bonus. Most of the time, on FR, I'm dressing up my preexisting dragons, searching out lairs with cool lore/unique color combos to stalk, and doing my typical daily tasks- I'm actually shocked by how much money I'm making just by bonding with familiars every day and getting chests from them. (Getting back into the coliseum has helped too!)

First gens are fun, and old dragons are awesome, but be warned that those are two of the most expensive possible kinds of dragon to collect- I think they're absolutely rad, but personally I don't have the FR budget to do that kind of thing. But the pittance I make selling/exalting and the significant amount more I make from opening chests/selling stuff from my hoard makes me enough to buy a gene here and there, which is enough, when what I'm doing is just buying pre-gened dragons with pretty colors and changing one or two genes here and there. At this point, I view a lot of the higher end breed changes, especially, as a luxury I'd rather not wait for- I could just as easily wait for a dragon to be bred of the right colors and breed.

Of course, I know this won't work for everyone! It's just how I've come to enjoy the game. 8) I focus more on the lore and storytelling aspect of the game anyway.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

So I was browsing the AH and came across this gorgeous first gen Noct for 25k. (Man first gens are cheap now...) I went and scryed him a bit to see what he'd look like with genes. I found a combination I liked, but it didn't look right on Nocturne, so I tried a Bogsneak. I LOVE it. Like, it works so great. Then I tried some of the other dragons.. now I'm torn. He looks so great as several breeds that I can't decide which to make him in the end.

ImageImageImage

The only things he doesn't look good as is Noct, really. Some of the others aren't as good because of where the Contour line runs through the spiral of Cherub. I LOVE this combo on Tundra, but I have a few male Tundra I'll probably give Cherub because it looks awesome on them.

So.. which breed should I do? I have a Coatl scroll from before I stopped playing. I was saving it for a Fae girl I had but I wanted to find her a mate first. I don't have a Coatl pair yet.

I also love Wildclaws and would love another Wildclaw pair, but would have to find him a mate. I do have some extra females that might work with him.

I of course don't have a Bogsneak pair as they're new.

Argh. I can't decide. They all look so great.
Attachments
54556.png
54556.png (146.66 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
6468.png
6468.png (133.63 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
dragon.png
dragon.png (139.75 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

those are some SUPER pretty scrys. The bogsneak is the cheapst of them to gene up but my favorite is the wildclaw :D

I made some new breeding cards. What do you guys think ? It is a huuge work in progress as i got around 85 pair.. only done 23 or something atm

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I don't know what to do with this girl :/ I've resorted to covering her with a skin because I hate her colors so much, and no gene combos I try look good on her (I'm also not fond of female tundras to begin with)

I want to scatter her, but I've already tried that 3 times in the past and they've all caused her to look ugly. I could try scattering her again and hoping for something workable, but it would just seem like a waste if her colors turn out crappy...

I'm thinking of throwing her up on a 6-digit swap board I'm planning to make later along with a few other dragons I wanna trade away, but I'm hesitant because she's level 25, and because of her low-end ID :/

edit;; i caved and scattered her -- only took two (fuckin' thankfully) for her to land on colors i am infinitely more fond of and can actually work with
Last edited by Nick on Fri May 26, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Its a hard choice... i have never had much succes in low digit trading.. so usually i just scatter because the interest is solow...
You could try breed change her if you dont lije tundras. Personally i love them.i have 40 ish scatter projects atm because ive had no luck with trade... but you could try :-D

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Hey guys. I've been on the lookout for honey/honey/pear dragons for the petals/butterfly colour combo and today found a good project pair to make one such dragon. One of them needed regening and still needs a tert while the other was already pet/butt/glim. But that's the thing, should I go with glimmer? I see most pet/butt colour combos with glimmer yet I feel the flatness of underbelly would work better. At least with this combo. What do you guys think, glimmer or belly?

ImageImage

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

I like the glimmer better, the tones match the green accents better than the underbelly version