WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1631 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 82  Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:15 pm 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:37 pm
Posts: 352
Realm: Doomhammer EU
Gender: Female
SpiritBinder wrote:
Wain wrote:
The Forsaken look for other races is a pretty cool idea. The high elf looks fantastic.

I'm not sure of the lore, but I thought the Forsaken were supposed to be the citizens of Lordaeron, which were humans. They just happen to be led by the crazed undead blood elf who freed them. But maybe I got that wrong. Plus it would make sense that any undead high elves who broke free would also flock to Undercity.


No no, I think you may be right, that’s why the Alliance sends non humans into Silverpine. (as you can see when you play through the storyline there). They send dwarves and elves, because they supposedly can't be resurrected into Forsaken. However you can also see undead elven rangers too, and Sylvanas herself is a dead elf, sooooo yeah? I'm sure it would not be that far of a stretch to include it. And who knows, maybe now with the Valkyries helping out, they don’t have quite the same issue of raising different races into undeath as the plague did? Anyway, it was more just for giggles... who knows, maybe I'll try and DarkIron Dwarf next ; )


The Dark Rangers, like Sylvanas, are also banshees possessing elf bodies though. While I see no problem with having elf ears available for the undead, perhaps this was something that happened fairly rarely in lore?

It would be great to have the options of playing Dark Iron or Wildhammer dwarves, along with Mag'har orcs. As they said they are doing continuous updates, perhaps we'll get all of these things in time, but not initially. Fingers crossed.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:23 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:20 pm
Posts: 3200
I would guess that we'll see Wildhammers first, and perhaps DarkIrons, since it's basically a recolor. Others are gonna take more work.

I would love to see the FrostIron dwarfs, but those would require model changes.

_________________
Account has been closed at user's request.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:22 pm 
Offline
Mount Master
Mount Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:45 pm
Posts: 3186
Location: Australia
Realm: Aman'Thul
Mozag wrote:
you're DYING to try that Dark Iron thing out on the female model, right? RIGHT?


And done :)

Image

_________________

Image

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:34 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 2687
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
Nevermind the MALE draenei. Can we please have female draenei without a ridiculously exaggerated swayback and absurd looking vestigial tail that looks like someone shoved a small, dead snake somewhere rude instead of like a real, useful-for-balance tail? (And maybe it can move? Instead of dangling lifelessly? That would be nice for a change.)

_________________

Image



Last edited by Nachtwulf on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:35 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11409
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
I kind of like their tail >.>

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:37 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 2687
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
]It's terrible. It isn't good for anything! What's more, they altered their stance so they're more 'vertical' than the males, so in real practice, their tail makes even less sense since their balance would be absolutely abysmal. Digitigrade legs need a counterbalance. That ridiculous little afterthought is NOT a valid tail.

I've been mad about this since BC came out and I complained about it then. I'm STILL going to complain about it because it makes no sense. Hell, look at ALL THE OFFICIAL ART and they have at least decently-long tails. I don't know what moron decided to make it that..... thing... instead. Only the fanart shows them with stubby tails and that's because it's based on the game models.

Edit to include what I mean:
Image

_________________

Image



Last edited by Nachtwulf on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:41 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11409
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Eh to each their own I don't look for realism in aliens and/or fantasy settings. I don't look for that kind of stuff in worlds that have magic of all things :lol:

Anyway I find those long tails in the art to be really really ugly.

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:44 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 2687
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
That's a cop-out. 'It's magic' is the cheapest explanation ever.

No, things don't actually have to legit work (like, say, halfbreeds... an orc/draenei would be biologically impossible especially since they even have blatantly different biochemistry, nevermind genetics) but if you're going to illustrate something, it should at least pay lipservice to the laws of physics and anatomy. Draenei females do not. Their stance is so freakish it makes my back hurt just to look at it too long. And... buttsnake. Limp, dead, buttsnake. I can't unsee it.

Edit: You know, I have to wonder. Tauren (both genders) are so terrible modelwise that you can basically count the polygons visually. I mean, they're really -bad-. But they have animation in their tails anyway. Draenei female tails are completely immobile; they don't move when they run, sit, walk, turn, look around... nothing. I think they move to the side when you sit, but that's it. If they could add animation to tauren, and male draenei why couldn't they be arsed (hah!) to do it for the girls? Maybe it's just another case of Troll Girls Can't Blink.

God, there are no words for my anticipation of troll girls without spinal-fusion surgery and permanently-fixed stares....

_________________

Image



Last edited by Nachtwulf on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:46 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11409
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Nachtwulf wrote:
That's a cop-out. 'It's magic' is the cheapest explanation ever.

No, things don't actually have to legit work (like, say, halfbreeds... an orc/draenei would be biologically impossible especially since they even have blatantly different biochemistry, nevermind genetics) but if you're going to illustrate something, it should at least pay lipservice to the laws of physics and anatomy. Draenei females do not. Their stance is so freakish it makes my back hurt just to look at it too long. And... buttsnake. Limp, dead, buttsnake. I can't unsee it.


Um re read my post please I never said "it's magic" I said in a world taht also has magic I don't look for realism. Sheesh,

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:53 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 2687
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
I don't look for realism. I do look for plausibility and draenei females pretty much fail on that for me. Plausibility and realism are not the same thing.

Personally I'd like to see way less sexual dimorphism while they're at it. Why are the girls skinny sticks and the boys built like trains? Pandaren are better; yes the males are big and round but the girls aren't scrawny. I think I would've had a fit if they'd tried to pass 'skinny pandas'.

_________________

Image



Last edited by Nachtwulf on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:54 pm 
Offline
Mount Master
Mount Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:45 pm
Posts: 3186
Location: Australia
Realm: Aman'Thul
Nachtwulf wrote:
It's terrible. It isn't good for anything!


While I agree a longer tail IMO has a much nice appeal and adds feel of grace and speed. Also it does make more sense regarding balance and all, I think it was probably would have caused Havoc with clipping for seating and riding mounts, etc. The smaller the tail the less technical issue they would have had to deal with.
With the game tech these days however, it's quite possible that they would be up for the challenge, but I'm afraid they will never edit the Female Draenei tail now, it's too late (unless it becomes an optional feature with character creation) as there are a lot of people whom love the current tail.
That said with the model and animation updates (and Draenei coming back to the lore forefront this coming Exp) they may also add more bones/animations to make it look more fluid and less stiff, we'll just have to wait and see. I'm hopeful none the less.

_________________

Image

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:56 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11409
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
SpiritBinder wrote:
Nachtwulf wrote:
It's terrible. It isn't good for anything!


While I agree a longer tail IMO has a much nice appeal and adds feel of grace and speed. Also it does make more sense regarding balance and all, I think it was probably would have caused Havoc with clipping for seating and riding mounts, etc. The smaller the tail the less technical issue they would have had to deal with.
With the game tech these days however, it's quite possible that they would be up for the challenge, but I'm afraid they will never edit the Female Draenei tail now, it's too late (unless it becomes an optional feature with character creation) as there are a lot of people whom love the current tail.
That said with the model and animation updates (and Draenei coming back to the lore forefront this coming Exp) they may also add more bones/animations to make it look more fluid and less stiff, we'll just have to wait and see. I'm hopeful none the less.


Yeah I if they did give them a longer tail it would be only an option and not a full edit to every model.

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:57 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 2687
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
I don't think so. They managed it with tauren and male draenei. Why not give the girls the same treatment? It's not a clipping issue, (well, I suppose I'd better say 'it's not a clipping issue they've shown any fear of committing in the past... ) just someone somewhere on the model squad decided 'tiny tails are cute' instead of goofy.

_________________

Image



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:59 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:31 pm
Posts: 2309
Location: Idaho
Realm: Suramar
Gender: Female in RL
Understandable about the Draenei female...probably why I never play one, I never liked how they looked. The sexual dimorphism is one of the most extreme, along with trolls (never cared for their females either). They almost don't seem like the same species with the extreme differences in skeletal structure. I'm hoping they improve both species personally.

_________________

Image

Make a reploid happy, leave a comment! http://maximumoverdrive.deviantart.com
Also check out Avalon Daydreams for prints! https://www.etsy.com/shop/AvalonDaydreams



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:01 pm 
Offline
Mount Master
Mount Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:45 pm
Posts: 3186
Location: Australia
Realm: Aman'Thul
cowmuflage wrote:
Anyway I find those long tails in the art to be really really ugly.


And this is totally cool! Some people like them and others don't, Some people like long, other short, some people wanted Tails for Worgen, Other not… that’s the beauty of personal choice/preference.

I think they are really starting to get on board with this too, they had NO IDEA how successful transmog would be. Players reaaaaly want to be able to personalize their characters. I think that’s why they said they would even consider looking at proportion scales and the likes after the model updates are done, and that’s not something that I ever thought they would entertain.

_________________

Image

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:06 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11409
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
SpiritBinder wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:
Anyway I find those long tails in the art to be really really ugly.


And this is totally cool! Some people like them and others don't, Some people like long, other short, some people wanted Tails for Worgen, Other not… that’s the beauty of personal choice/preference.

I think they are really starting to get on board with this too, they had NO IDEA how successful transmog would be. Players reaaaaly want to be able to personalize their characters. I think that’s why they said they would even consider looking at proportion scales and the likes after the model updates are done, and that’s not something that I ever thought they would entertain.



Yup! The models so far look really good. They have the right about of old and new! When it comes to updating player models it's pretty tricky to make them look like the current ones but also updated.

Hopefully Cow's eyes will be open in her hud for once :lol:

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:22 pm 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 9694
Gender: Male
I have to say I actually like what they did with the draenei female. And I like the extreme dimorphism of the race.

Draenei seem to have been designed working backwards from demons. The female draenei tail is probably more like the stereotypical "devil tail" than the male. If anything I think the female tail is more fitting for the origin. But each to their own :)

I'm personally less fond of what they did with female tauren and worgen. For both, it feels to me like they couldn't decide where to find the balance between "beastly" and "sexy to teenage boys" and ended up with something in between that is neither and rather offputting. But that's me.

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:03 am 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:03 pm
Posts: 6956
Location: I am "here" or so the directory tells me.
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance
Gender: Female foxen
I love the female dreanei, however I am not fond of the male ones, I find them to blocky for my taste, very barrel chested, and to huge of thighs.

_________________

Image


Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:07 am 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 17229
Location: Kun-Lai
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
Gender: Female
Nachtwulf wrote:
]It's terrible. It isn't good for anything! What's more, they altered their stance so they're more 'vertical' than the males, so in real practice, their tail makes even less sense since their balance would be absolutely abysmal. Digitigrade legs need a counterbalance. That ridiculous little afterthought is NOT a valid tail.

I've been mad about this since BC came out and I complained about it then. I'm STILL going to complain about it because it makes no sense. Hell, look at ALL THE OFFICIAL ART and they have at least decently-long tails. I don't know what moron decided to make it that..... thing... instead. Only the fanart shows them with stubby tails and that's because it's based on the game models.

Edit to include what I mean:
Image

Oh wow...I'd love for the new models to be that! :D

_________________

Image
JunreiDragcaveMagistreamFlight Rising
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:17 am 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:19 am
Posts: 7566
Location: I have no idea
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)
Gender: Male
All I can say is DEM HORNS

Like, can we please have horns that long and maybe while they're at it, a similar hairstyle to that? I've never seen such a sexy draenei before till now. (big fan of the long tails too but I have a personal preference to bestial and semi-bestial species from every corner of lore and imagination with long tails so I admit to being biased in that regard xD)

_________________

Image
Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1631 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 82  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group