GNOME HUNTERS!?!?!?

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: GNOME HUNTERS!?!?!?

Unread post by Lisaara »

I wouldn't hold them high, if even close to it at all considering Blizz said no new races or classes or races getting classes....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Gnome Hunter's starting pets should be a beaver.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Junrei wrote:
Glain wrote:I for one love gnomes and see no problem with gnome hunters what so ever. They've already ret conned so much WoW lore that there's no reason you couldn't have a gnome hunter. *shrug*

I just don't see the point of telling someone that there's no way gnomes could be hunters when you never know what the future holds. Long ago I'd have said NO WAY NIGHT ELF MAGES? Nuh uh! Well they have them now so... Yeah. I know. Highborne but night elves would never have arcane magic users in their society in past expansions. So in my opinion nothing is impossible.
As you said...night elves had mages before...gnomes never had hunters. They built machines to do stuff for them. That's not stereotype, that's just what they do. I've yet to see a gnome in lore hate machines and love animals.

If they find a reason? Fine. But as it stands, gnomes have no reason to be hunters. They're much rather build something themselves than rely on something obsolete.
All of the beast handlers in DMF island are gnomes. ALL.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Slickrock wrote:So.. um.. I MIGHT have gotten confirmation on gnome hunters coming...

Check for my Twitter traffic (@TheSlickrock), and you can see the convo. Bear in mind the 2 guys involved are story/writer types, so it might not be happening, and I could just be getting gently trolled by them.. but..

After seeing those tweets though. My spirit wants me to believe it'll happen! I know not to hope but still.

Royi wrote:Old thread when I was a gnome hunter for 1 hour (Toshley's Transporter made me so)

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5380

Nothing wrong with it. Nothing at all :)

OH MAH GERD. I need that transporter!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

It's dead.. gone.. they have dashed the hopes and dreams.

Drat.

I was all ready to roll Derringer the gnome hunter. Pffftt.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Slickrock wrote:It's dead.. gone.. they have dashed the hopes and dreams.

Drat.

I was all ready to roll Derringer the gnome hunter. Pffftt.
I did mention to not get hopes up...if at all. ^^;

LisaaraPokefarm

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

pop wrote:Gnome Hunter's starting pets should be a beaver.
I would say more like a prairie dog :-)
MelTorefas
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by MelTorefas »

Yeah, gnomes aren't interested in nature or natural things. That's why they can't be herbalists. And they're all secular and intellectual, which is why they can't be priests. And they're too tiny and frail, which is why they can't be warriors.

...Wait.

Those REALLY aren't good reasons. Even if the Gnomish culture originally had a mindset that would never have allowed for hunters (which seems pretty unfeasible), then there is still the explanation of cultural diffusion someone mentioned above (which was literally the explanation given for Troll druids and Tauren paladins). Heck, Gnomes share a starting zone with the Dwarves, a race that are big on being hunters. It's been years, in game-time, since WoW launched. I am pretty sure if their allies convinced them to become priests, the Gnomish mindset would have been opened to being hunters by now.

No new class/race combos in WoD? Yeah, fine, it won't be happening this XPac in all likelihood. But never? In this game? I consider that highly unlikely.

[I know this thread is a few days old now, but it is still on the front page, and some of the constantly re-used arguments people make against Gnome hunters really bug me. If the bloody Forsaken can tame and befriend animals, all bets are off for this class as far as I am concerned.]
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

MelTorefas wrote:Yeah, gnomes aren't interested in nature or natural things. That's why they can't be herbalists. And they're all secular and intellectual, which is why they can't be priests. And they're too tiny and frail, which is why they can't be warriors.

...Wait.

Those REALLY aren't good reasons. Even if the Gnomish culture originally had a mindset that would never have allowed for hunters (which seems pretty unfeasible), then there is still the explanation of cultural diffusion someone mentioned above (which was literally the explanation given for Troll druids and Tauren paladins). Heck, Gnomes share a starting zone with the Dwarves, a race that are big on being hunters. It's been years, in game-time, since WoW launched. I am pretty sure if their allies convinced them to become priests, the Gnomish mindset would have been opened to being hunters by now.

No new class/race combos in WoD? Yeah, fine, it won't be happening this XPac in all likelihood. But never? In this game? I consider that highly unlikely.

[I know this thread is a few days old now, but it is still on the front page, and some of the constantly re-used arguments people make against Gnome hunters really bug me. If the bloody Forsaken can tame and befriend animals, all bets are off for this class as far as I am concerned.]
I'm completely on-board with this justification. Couldn't agree more.

Plus, having a Steampunk Gnome Hunter with mechanical pets would be so freakin' awesome!

It's something I've contemplated for quite some time. Just the notion of Gnomes that could "engineer" their own pets gets me ubber excited/inspired/giddy!!! It makes sense since so many arguments have been made that Gnomes make for a better appetizer than beastmaster. If they can't have real pets than gosh darn it, they can build 'em!

Of course, I am approaching this from a role-playing perspective. When I say "engineer" I don't actually mean it as "building pets". I'd just like to see tamable robotic/cyborg looking beasts added to the game ~ kinda like what we have already with some of our battle pet models.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

gnome hunters.. wondering what pet they will get.. i can see a gnome with a devilsaur - it looking at him like its seeing a roast chicken. pet emotes whould do something like that lol *chomp*
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Junrei wrote:I wouldn't hold them high, if even close to it at all considering Blizz said no new races or classes or races getting classes....
Just realized.. getting hopes up "high" about gnomes? ...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Slickrock wrote:
Junrei wrote:I wouldn't hold them high, if even close to it at all considering Blizz said no new races or classes or races getting classes....
Haaaaaaah. I see what you did there.

LisaaraPokefarm

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Royi wrote:Old thread when I was a gnome hunter for 1 hour (Toshley's Transporter made me so)

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5380

Nothing wrong with it. Nothing at all :)
Reminds me of an idea I had for a dark moon faire attraction: Hall of Mirrors. You'd go in and see yourself as the various other player races/genders, in your same gear, doing the same animations. Then you pick one and look like that race for an hour. Ideally, druids would use that race's forms when shapeshifting (if available) instead of removing the buff like most cosmetic buffs. Then we could have a gnome hunter holiday.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

MelTorefas wrote:Yeah, gnomes aren't interested in nature or natural things. That's why they can't be herbalists. And they're all secular and intellectual, which is why they can't be priests. And they're too tiny and frail, which is why they can't be warriors.

...Wait.

+1 Petopias
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Niabi wrote: Plus, having a Steampunk Gnome Hunter with mechanical pets would be so freakin' awesome!
They did add Mechanical Cats or something as little pets near the Gnome Starter zone. Why couldn't they start out with a Mechanical Seagull or something small.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Junrei wrote:
Slickrock wrote:
Haaaaaaah. I see what you did there.
My, you're a tall one!

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

If I could roll a Gnome Hunter with a pet Beaver(Riverbeast), I would be so happy.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Hey I don't know if anyone has said this, but Gnome Hunters would be cool to have in WoD.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I guess the reason they haven't added Gnome hunters is because it just doesn't seem right. Then again, there are a few race/class combos that don't seem right. I reckon it'll happen, but maybe it's the resizing that's problem? One of my hunters bow is larger than a Gnome and I doubt anyone would take a Gnome with a devilsaur the size of a small raptor serious. Or you'd get the option of a Gnome using a devilsaur as a mount. That'd be cool. And kinda scary...
However, if they did add Gnome hunters, personally, I wouldn't play one. It just doesn't compute...perhaps it's their tendency to blow stuff up? Or those creepy goggles they tend to wear :/
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Kayro wrote:I guess the reason they haven't added Gnome hunters is because it just doesn't seem right. Then again, there are a few race/class combos that don't seem right. I reckon it'll happen, but maybe it's the resizing that's problem? One of my hunters bow is larger than a Gnome and I doubt anyone would take a Gnome with a devilsaur the size of a small raptor serious. Or you'd get the option of a Gnome using a devilsaur as a mount. That'd be cool. And kinda scary...
However, if they did add Gnome hunters, personally, I wouldn't play one. It just doesn't compute...perhaps it's their tendency to blow stuff up? Or those creepy goggles they tend to wear :/
I think Gnomes can't be hunters as the hunter is one of the Horde's iconic classes which also include Shamans and Warlocks. Horde have more race/class combos for Shamans, Warlocks and Gnomes as opposed to Alliance have more race/class combo for Paladins, Mages and Priests. All of the other classes are distributed evenly for both factions.