What revamped models / skins would you like to see in WoD?

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Re: What revamped models / skins would you like to see in Wo

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

So we have only been given 3 new pet families (one of which was already technically in the game although reserved for the lucky few who had tamed the ghost hydra.) And Blizz said that they are planning on adding tons of existing beasts to the families we already have. What do you think think this will entail? what beasts do you think can be easily added to existing families?
I think we may see some more grazers added to the rhino/goat family but I'm not too optimistic since they said no Talbucks and they seem to want to avoid the massive yacks and clefthoofs at the moment.
I think the kuchong is one of the most probable outcomes and I am really hoping for kuchong's and maybe Kurinnaxx and his kind to be added to silithids. (And after what happens in SoO I need to cuddle a giant bug tank to feel better after killing my Klaxxi friends.)
I also think there is a good chance for some of the dinosaur families to be expanded. Lots of players have been getting excited about them after Direhorns were added. since they are revamping the skills anyway I could see them just tweaking the name of the devilsaur/raptor family to include other carnivorous dinos like the skyscreamer.
We may see big snakes like boas added to the snake family now too. a fair array of skins to choose from and arcane serpents already showing diversity in the family so it may be time for the pythons and boas to get some love.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I'd like to see more nether rays and sporewalkers, just on principle. The new sporebats look lovely; it's a great start! (Also, I really REALLY want Marticar to have a unique skin color again; I don't care what color it is, so long as it's his and his alone.)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I remember there was talk of nether rays having new models for WoD, but so far we haven't seen anything datamined. I wonder if people had them confused with the new sporebats?

Still crossing my fingers for a tameable version of the new chimaera mount. :D

In general hyenas are so poorly overdue for some new textures. I really hope we get a new model at some point because they're such personable, interesting pets. That fanmade mount concept looked so great too!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I would like to see another non - transparent spirit beast with a fancy aura. I love the glow they put on the Ashwing Moth, for example.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

As someone who dislikes all insect pets and who feels that flying pets get in the way and look silly hovering next to you, I'm not enthused by the Dragonflies, Sporebats, or Nether Rays. I would like to see a new non-spectral Spirit Beast though.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I'd love new raptor models as well.. Seeing as they were in outland it's very likely/possible they'll be on draenor too, and I hope they don't just reuse the old model(s); it'd look very out of place for one... Naturally, a new spirit beast wouldn't hurt :D A spirit sporebat, nether ray or boar perhaps? Oooh, and hyenas, though I don't know if they're native to Draenor...

As for old pets becoming tameable, skyscreamers are probably #1, considering we're already getting hydras. Clefthooves... hell, even kodos, could easily be added as well - they would be the same size as rhinos and those are tameable after all. Though I guess seeing a kodo running beside you would look a tad odd. :P

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Vephriel wrote:I remember there was talk of nether rays having new models for WoD, but so far we haven't seen anything datamined. I wonder if people had them confused with the new sporebats?
I wondered that too. Before someone said they say nether rays in a demo, I had thought they only arrived on Draenor when it became Outland and exposed to the Twisting Nether. That Nether Rays were native to the Nether. Even if they are native to Draenor, then they'd have to be mutated by the Nether for Outland. And obviously not be called Nether Rays if there's no nether.
In general hyenas are so poorly overdue for some new textures. I really hope we get a new model at some point because they're such personable, interesting pets. That fanmade mount concept looked so great too!
If they made the hyena mount an arena prize, then that'd be a good excuse to update the model for hyenas.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Xota wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I remember there was talk of nether rays having new models for WoD, but so far we haven't seen anything datamined. I wonder if people had them confused with the new sporebats?
I wondered that too. Before someone said they say nether rays in a demo, I had thought they only arrived on Draenor when it became Outland and exposed to the Twisting Nether. That Nether Rays were native to the Nether. Even if they are native to Draenor, then they'd have to be mutated by the Nether for Outland. And obviously not be called Nether Rays if there's no nether.
If they made the hyena mount an arena prize, then that'd be a good excuse to update the model for hyenas.
I'm crossing my fingers for the hyena/mount too. I would love to add that one to the collection. Also I think it will be pretty easy to justify the introduction of new netherays. whether its a quest related thing were you run into a few displaced mobs like in winterspring, or just a pre-outlands version. They lumped mastiffs and demon dogs into the dog family so i don't see why a bit of variation should cause a problem.

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I really -really- —really— want new dog skins, especially if the current buff lineup stays through alpha and beta and goes live. My 5-slot stable right now has an acceptable model/skin in every slot but stats will definitely end up in my new utility belt and I... don't like any of the non-BM stat pets (gorillas are too big and the dogs are all hideous) :( Now if I played BM with more regularity it wouldn't be a problem because I really like shale spiders, buuuuut I've been converted to the cult of survival, haha.

More 'rays would also be nice, though I don't mind the ones we have now... they just can't compare to sporebats, obviously :P

(and while we're at it, more sporebats. Yes yes I know we have the three? four? new skins, I'm greedy though MORE SPOREBATS)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Please. PLEASE give us udpated Hyenas. ;_; One of my favorite pets out there and they're all terrible quality!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I want spirit beasts that look like seahorses, stags, and sharks.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Everything :D
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net