Hydras WILL be tameable!!!!!

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Hydras WILL be tameable!!!!!

Unread post by Lisaara »

Eeee! I love those new hydras! Lookit that swag walk!

I think some are just being a bit too critical on the model. I get not liking something about it but a lot just seems to be nitpicks and those constant nitpicks are bugging me a bit. Feels like everytime there's one positive thing, 10 negatives follow right after. Do we really have to find every little thing wrong with the model? Could we possibly tone down the constant nitpicks? Pretty please? It's becoming depressing. Not saying everyone has to like the model or anything, mind you. Just since Spirit posted the video, I've seen a lot of negatives being posted despite the model being an extreme improvement.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Junrei wrote:Eeee! I love those new hydras! Lookit that swag walk!

I think some are just being a bit too critical on the model. I get not liking something about it but a lot just seems to be nitpicks and those constant nitpicks are bugging me a bit. Feels like everytime there's one positive thing, 10 negatives follow right after. Do we really have to find every little thing wrong with the model? Could we possibly tone down the constant nitpicks? Pretty please? It's becoming depressing. Not saying everyone has to like the model or anything, mind you. Just since Spirit posted the video, I've seen a lot of negatives being posted despite the model being an extreme improvement.
So much this.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I agree 1000x Junrei! Thank you for saying it.

<3.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I think people should say what they want to say about the model. If someone wants to say something negative about a model they should be able to say it with out someone telling them not too. If someone wants to nitpick let them. If it's bugging you just don't read them instead of telling people to stop saying their feelings on something.

People nitpick nearly every model on this site. This is no different.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

This.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Quivering lol :P

well black was feeling left out so how about this one?

wanted to take most of the chest from the black version as well but I messed up my layer and dint feel like starting over :P

And a megeara one for shits and giggles :P

My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Wheeeeeeeeze if one had Megaera heads I'd head straight for the fainting couch.
One model used for the green head in that picture is my absolute favorite it looks so stoic and just... awesome.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

cowmuflage wrote:

I think people should say what they want to say about the model. If someone wants to say something negative about a model they should be able to say it with out someone telling them not too. If someone wants to nitpick let them. If it's bugging you just don't read them instead of telling people to stop saying their feelings on something.

That's the problem though, everthing gets nitpicked to death. People pile on.

Likes and dislikes are certainly fine, but it can go overboard.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I love your edit with the Megaera heads Malackai! I would have liked to see those as an additional model variation or something, the cobra hoods and faces are really great on them. :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I would prefer it if the hind legs and tail were green, his left forearm was red (like the head), and the right one blue (like head as well). And actually, like they hinted at with Chimaeron, they could make special boss tame challenge for Cataclysm and MoP bosses. If they get to Megaera, they could make it -that- model. Anyway -- basically, my idea was that, if it detects that you're trying to tame it as a solo hunter, it will switch to an alternative phase, where the real Megaera (using Malackai's mock-up of the new Thunderhydra with Megaera's heads, but with my suggested changes to it) crawls out of the pit where a normal raid would fight the heads, which turns the fight into a large solo battle that requires a lot of skills.

In the end, if you manage to tame it, you'll basically have -that- model as a pet, and it'll have taken quite a lot of skills, at least for one expansion, so it's a special model.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Slickrock wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:

That's the problem though, everthing gets nitpicked to death. People pile on.

Likes and dislikes are certainly fine, but it can go overboard.
I think it's fine to nitpick something. If you don't like it you don't need to read it, you don't need to tell someone they can't say what they want too about a model. If they want to nitpick it they should be able to do it. If you find it's been "nitpicked to death" you can skip over those comments.
Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

Minus the gripes on here- my husband and I absolutely love the new model!

Since he loves MM and has since vanilla, he's enthusiastic that they won't be Exotic. :) Me on the other hand, I'm in love with this model, derpy run and all! I've been waiting for a drake-like model for a looooong time now. :3

Now if only we could get rock worms... And those burning bone canines. :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Please don't bog this thread down in a discussion on whether people are allowed to "nitpick" or not. Part of revealing a new model in progress is that people will offer their impressions of it and I believe that's healthy. I too feel that sometimes people are overly critical, but as long as the discussion is conducted in a reasonable manner, people should be allowed to offer their thoughts.

But I'd offer the following:
- keep it rational and reasonable, and also remember that Blizzard's designers are just people who genuinely want to do a good job with their art. So the kind of "that really sucks / Blizzard are being lazy" comments are only inviting conflict as well as being cheap. As far as I could tell those kinds of comments haven't appeared here, or much in this forum at all, but just mentioning it. Mostly people are pretty clear in what their criticisms are
- try to offer your thoughts and move on. That doesn't mean you have to avoid posting again, but try to avoid the trap of needing to post the same things again just because others have a different impression to you. You don't need to convince them your likes and dislikes are "right". Again, exercise some discretion with this. I don't want to stop all back and forth discussion, but try to avoid getting bogged down in this because it's like trying to argue whether blue or red is a better colour (it's blue!).
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Wain wrote:Please don't bog this thread down in a discussion on whether people are allowed to "nitpick" or not. Part of revealing a new model in progress is that people will offer their impressions of it and I believe that's healthy. I too feel that sometimes people are overly critical, but as long as the discussion is conducted in a reasonable manner, people should be allowed to offer their thoughts.

But I'd offer the following:
- keep it rational and reasonable, and also remember that Blizzard's designers are just people who genuinely want to do a good job with their art. So the kind of "that really sucks / Blizzard are being lazy" comments are only inviting conflict as well as being cheap. As far as I could tell those kinds of comments haven't appeared here, or much in this forum at all, but just mentioning it. Mostly people are pretty clear in what their criticisms are
- try to offer your thoughts and move on. That doesn't mean you have to avoid posting again, but try to avoid the trap of needing to post the same things again just because others have a different impression to you. You don't need to convince them your likes and dislikes are "right". Again, exercise some discretion with this. I don't want to stop all back and forth discussion, but try to avoid getting bogged down in this because it's like trying to argue whether blue or red is a better colour (it's blue!).
Bra it's red :p But yes thanks for that yo. Diggty.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Bugga that, i'm having both, show me the purple!!! :D

**On Topic**

Totally agreed, that Mag head edit is pretty dam smexy Mala :D It really make it look more serpentine with the hoods and fangs on those. But then I prefer the body of the colour mix up on the one above it with the 4 colours combined, V cool indeed!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Malackai wrote:Quivering lol :P

wanted to take most of the chest from the black version as well but I messed up my layer and dint feel like starting over :P

And a megeara one for shits and giggles :P

I'd totally tame that. So hard. <3 Yus. I hope if they do implement one like that, it should be a tracking tame like in mists.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Wow I really don't like the red head xD but I do think the blue head looks good and I would camp for days for the green one. I kind of hope they add different head variations and having all three is neat. Not sure if the red head would put me off taming or not, as the other two look sweet. Neat idea.

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

SylviaDragon wrote:
Wow I really don't like the red head xD but I do think the blue head looks good and I would camp for days for the green one. I kind of hope they add different head variations and having all three is neat. Not sure if the red head would put me off taming or not, as the other two look sweet. Neat idea.
The red one has such a troll face XD

Reason I used all three heads is because the boss it self has all three as well so it would be a nice rare spawn.

Other options:
All heads the same and only one color (only the megeara colors so red,green,blue and purple) perhaps called as megeara's offspring or something XD
All heads the same/ still mixed color on one hydra (so you end up with some different combination) rare spawn of the megeara's offspring but not rare... rare.
Or like the boss different heads but one color and also in the coloring of the ToT boss (red,green,blue,purple) (aka madexx rare spawn system)
and the one version I posted as spawn in ToT or perhaps as challenge tame?

Dunno so many ideas XD

I would love a challenge tame deth style (aka kiting and slowing and dropping health beneath certain % and being instagibbed if it attacks you) icm with needing to complete the tame 3 times for every head :P (seeing taming is now around 5 secs)

The challenge tame can either be in a phased version of ToT of the boss room where it waits or the normal ToT raid and when you enter the room there's a little nest next to the boss and if you click it the boss despawns and the pet spawns or something.

Or maybe just something simple having the offspring wander around the thunder isle with a little nest/altar spot , or on secluded island on outlands.
Killing the offspring gives chance of dropping an item (severed head) and if you wander near the nest/altar with it it triggers the rare spawn or something >_> (Making this option complicated? sure! collect all 3 heads and the heads that can drop can have different head/color combo's and some are duds :D yes I am that cruel! want it more cruel? oki.. The combo of the 3 heads you need to collect is RANDOMIZED for your pleasure! So have fun collecting every combo and drag your bags full with heads to the altar :P, to cruel? ok.. ok.. the altar hints which combo you need to get. The combo only changes after a hunter tamed the current one or a static randomize weekly/monthly? )

Would totally go for it :) Lately the challenge tames(aka track and flare) and even the dire horn book thing has left me yearning for some real challenge :(
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

SylviaDragon wrote:

I dunno. I kind of feel sorry for the green one..

Blue Head: Kill! Kill everything!
Green Head: Ghods, I can't believe I'm stuck with these two idiots. Gee thanks, Bliz..er..Mom.
Red Head: Uhhhh I forgot...is it inhale/exhale or exhale/inhale?