Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Looks that just like how Froststorm Breath also applies the magical damage taken debuff to all targets, Burrow Attack was changed to do the same but with the physical damage taken debuff. This should make both pets nice to use in AoE situation in groups and raids.
Xota wrote:
Shinryu Masaki wrote: OMFG I found the Dog skill! HAHAHAAH I can't stop laughing! :lol:

Bark of the Wild
Crossing my fingers for Gorilla's stat buff to be "Blessing of Kong"
Xota, it looks like someone really liked your idea! You can die happy now! Well not like RIGHT now, at least live your life to the fullest! :lol:

Blessing of Kongs
ImageImage
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

A+ to whichever dev is naming these abilities. Perfect!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Shinryu Masaki wrote: Xota, it looks like someone really liked your idea! You can die happy now! Well not like RIGHT now, at least live your life to the fullest! :lol:

Blessing of Kongs
I'm pretty tickled.

At the risk of taxing my proverbial karma, but I think porcupines are practically begging for an ability similar to Molten Hide or Bad Attitude. I'm not crossing my fingers or holding my breath for this one, I will be able to die happy without it. Many years from now.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Xota wrote:
Shinryu Masaki wrote: Xota, it looks like someone really liked your idea! You can die happy now! Well not like RIGHT now, at least live your life to the fullest! :lol:

Blessing of Kongs
I'm pretty tickled.

At the risk of taxing my proverbial karma, but I think porcupines are practically begging for an ability similar to Molten Hide or Bad Attitude. I'm not crossing my fingers or holding my breath for this one, I will be able to die happy without it. Many years from now.
Ooo good point. This really needs to be a thing. I am horribly underwhelmed by the family at the moment.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I personally think porcupines should get a bleed effect or poisoning. Or both would be awesome. :twisted:

Yes yes. Both. Shoots quils that bleeds and poisons opponents.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:
OMFG I found the Dog skill! HAHAHAAH I can't stop laughing! :lol:

Bark of the Wild
OK PLEASE LET THERE BE MORE DOGS!!! PLEASE
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Sorry if someone's brought it up already, but I just noticed that Silithids' slow will be Tendon Rip, but spiders' will be Web Spray. Maybe it's because my silithid's name is Webs, but am I the only one who thinks it's odd that they don't have a webbing ability anymore, and that they have inferior range (melee instead of 25) even though they're exotic and spiders aren't?
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

worm counts for the maggots also?
i got both maggots 1 from dread wastes and the other ungoro crator before that patch made them un tameable now
Bikutandabis
Realm: Nazgrel, (US), Lightbringer (EU)

Unread post by Bikutandabis »

I would like to see cats get a "pounce" ability, like the cats on Timeless Isle.

I am happy about abilities for the Devilsaur, Dog and Shale Spider!!! I love carting these 3 pets around.
Bikutanda aka Birdienumnum, Bikutandabis
US Nazgrel
EU Lightbringer
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Ziroth wrote:worm counts for the maggots also?
i got both maggots 1 from dread wastes and the other ungoro crator before that patch made them un tameable now
I'm sure it will. the maggots are classed as a worm so they are going to act like a worm. Just like the LK slime pet is labeled crock so it acts like a croc. Updates should apply.
Also they said old families are getting new members so I wouldn't be surprised if maggots became an official member of that family anyway.

Jhonny Lopes
Realm: Azralon

Unread post by Jhonny Lopes »

I think we need to update some abilities, according last news on MMO we had some changes:

Increased Multistrike buff : Basilisk, Chimaera, Core Hound, Dragonhawk, Fox, Rhino, Wind Serpent
Increased Versatility buff : Bird of Prey, Boar, Porcupine, Ravager, Rhino, Worm
An ability that increases dodge chance of the pet by 30% for 10 seconds: Bat, Monkey

I loved this change for our Rhinos, i think its time to see more of them being used, so happy :D
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

They're giving us Multistrike and Versatility as buffs now? That's interesting! They seem to try to push those stats a lot lately, hope they can balance them well though.
ImageImage
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

The way they now just throw completely different family groups back and forth into completely random buffs/debuffs types, it has become completely nonsensical. It leaves no reason or explanation for any attribute or link to explain these new buffs/debuffs. Sure they can "Make Up" a bunch of new descriptions....

The Rhino shoots a rainbow out of
it's horn that showers everyone in glitter
increasing the party's multistrike by 1%

The Rhino shoots a monkey out of
it's butt that showers everyone in poop
increasing the party's versatility by 1%

.... but it's getting to the point they might as well just have a list of buffs/debuffs and you just pick one the you want your pet to use. The idea of an ability making any kinda of sense or belonging to a family type due to an attribute or solid concept has is all but dissolved imo.

/endrant.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

To be honest, there wasn't much rhyme or reason to the buff/debuffs in the first place so I'm not too put out about it. They'll inevitably come up with some sort of reasonable flavour text (or semi-reasonable, I can't take my fox's Tail Spin seriously for the life of me, I loved that cartoon lol) but why do wolves give crit? Why do cats give mastery? There's no real sense being made there either, imo.

That said, I would VERY MUCH LOVE a system where you got to choose what buff/debuff your pet brought, because there are some families that I never get to play with and there are some abilities that don't currently belong to any family I like models from and even when you have multiple families that provide an ability, the way they provide it can often make one family stronger than another family (and you can call "situational" on this all you want but let's be honest, the occasions where you would prefer to get one stack of sunder on one target every 10 seconds instead of three stacks of sunder on every target within x yards every 25 seconds are very, very rare.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

SpiritBinder wrote:The Rhino shoots a rainbow out of
it's horn that showers everyone in glitter
increasing the party's multistrike by 1%

The Rhino shoots a monkey out of
it's butt that showers everyone in poop
increasing the party's versatility by 1%
Oh my. That's going to have to become a signature. It just.

Has too. I cannot resist. It's too epic to not be immortalized that way.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Hydras should have the buff for Multistrike. Think of it this way: multiple heads, multiple strikes.

Would probably fit better thematically. Just sayin.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Ickabob wrote:Hydras should have the buff for Multistrike. Think of it this way: multiple heads, multiple strikes.

Would probably fit better thematically. Just sayin.
I second this
chrth

Unread post by chrth »

Note: I've updated the first post with the information as of the June 13 2014 Alpha Patch Notes
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

You know, I was thinking about this... and with their new philosophy on pet abilities, these make no sense:

Slow Movement
Spider
Warp Stalker
Silithid (Exotic)
Chimera (Exotic)

They got rid of all the other CC on pets because it was 'hunters already have too much CC' or it was redundant with other skills.

These abilities are seriously the most redundant of the redundant CC, as hunters have TWO slows (aoe and specific) available to them as it is... ConShot and Freezing Trap (or frost trap, I get the terms mixed up all the time, but you know what I mean).

If they're trying to make pet abilities NOT redundant with the hunter, why on earth do we even need these? They aren't very useful in the first place since the pet doesn't cast very often, but it seems really silly to even bother to have three different kinds of slow, one of which duplicates (in inferior fashion) a skill you get very very early as a hunter.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Nachtwulf wrote:You know, I was thinking about this... and with their new philosophy on pet abilities, these make no sense:

Slow Movement
Spider
Warp Stalker
Silithid (Exotic)
Chimera (Exotic)

They got rid of all the other CC on pets because it was 'hunters already have too much CC' or it was redundant with other skills.

These abilities are seriously the most redundant of the redundant CC, as hunters have TWO slows (aoe and specific) available to them as it is... ConShot and Freezing Trap (or frost trap, I get the terms mixed up all the time, but you know what I mean).

If they're trying to make pet abilities NOT redundant with the hunter, why on earth do we even need these? They aren't very useful in the first place since the pet doesn't cast very often, but it seems really silly to even bother to have three different kinds of slow, one of which duplicates (in inferior fashion) a skill you get very very early as a hunter.
I disagree. When you're chasing a flag carrier in WSG or trying to dictate the timing of a LoS battle in arena, your pet being able to slow is not redundant with ConShot.

While not as interesting as rooting them with webbing, a snare that's up 6 seconds every 10 seconds is plenty often. I just think it's absolute bunk that exotic Silithid will have melee range snare while non-exotic spiders and warp stalkers will have 25 yard range. Silithid have been spitting webs at range since they've been tameable.