Female Arakkoa!

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Female Arakkoa!

Unread post by Krysteena »

cowmuflage wrote:
Kayro wrote:On a Youtube video, I read a comment saying that yes, we're getting another Klaxxi like Faction. Neutral, wingless arrakoa that look like the ones we've used to. Perhaps they're neutral because their faction abandoned them due to being wingless? Maybe they worship something else?

No idea, but if I get attached like I did to the Klaxxi and then there's some horrible ending for them I will probably cry :(
Well going by what the Wiki says the winged Arakkoa where like nobles and the wingless ones where thought of as lowly things. So I can understand why a faction of wingless ones is neutral they are most likely sick of being treated badly? I mean that Bronzebeard dwarf guy does say "they were a more unpleasant people than their descendants" and the old ones where dicks allready so I assume these winged ones are worse XD
I never understood why some Arakkoa had wings and others didn't. I always thought they never had wings, but I'm curious as to why the ones we see don't. Is it a an off chance that Arakkoa are born with no wings? Or just different adaptations?

On a side note, I'm pretty sure I recognise the flying animation of the winged ones. I'm 97% sure it's the same as the harpy. I hate harpies. They were just so frustrating...
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Saw this on mmo champ :)

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

I missed the Arakkoa. Glad to have them back.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Kayro wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:
Kayro wrote:On a Youtube video, I read a comment saying that yes, we're getting another Klaxxi like Faction. Neutral, wingless arrakoa that look like the ones we've used to. Perhaps they're neutral because their faction abandoned them due to being wingless? Maybe they worship something else?

No idea, but if I get attached like I did to the Klaxxi and then there's some horrible ending for them I will probably cry :(
Well going by what the Wiki says the winged Arakkoa where like nobles and the wingless ones where thought of as lowly things. So I can understand why a faction of wingless ones is neutral they are most likely sick of being treated badly? I mean that Bronzebeard dwarf guy does say "they were a more unpleasant people than their descendants" and the old ones where dicks allready so I assume these winged ones are worse XD
I never understood why some Arakkoa had wings and others didn't. I always thought they never had wings, but I'm curious as to why the ones we see don't. Is it a an off chance that Arakkoa are born with no wings? Or just different adaptations?
That is a good question and one I hope they answer this expack!
Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

Azunara wrote:...so this is where Blizz reveals arrakoa are playable neutral race, right?

RIGHT? ;)
I want Arakkoa for Ally and Ogres for Horde.

For the lore peoples, Ogres have already sided with the Horde while we know that in our universe, the Arakkoa were aided by the Alliance and vice versa. So there's canon lore for both. :)
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I didn't see the video, so I didn't even notice sexual dimorphism at first from the stills. Their hips are more noticeable than their chests.
Arakkoa (and Ogres) as playable races don't appeal to me. But I would be thrilled if there was some subzone where you got a magical Arakkoa costume (like the Saurok costume on Isle of Thunder).
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Lycanthrope wrote:
Azunara wrote:...so this is where Blizz reveals arrakoa are playable neutral race, right?

RIGHT? ;)
I want Arakkoa for Ally and Ogres for Horde.

For the lore peoples, Ogres have already sided with the Horde while we know that in our universe, the Arakkoa were aided by the Alliance and vice versa. So there's canon lore for both. :)
Queue the mass transit to Ally.

...if Arrakoa were a playable race, or they fixed female worgen...good bye Horde, hello Alliance I am home again!
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

According to a tweet on the front page of MMO, this model will be used for both female AND male Arrakoa.

Which kinda sucks IMO, that model is absolutely female in nature.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Kayb wrote:According to a tweet on the front page of MMO, this model will be used for both female AND male Arrakoa.

The reason you're seeing it as 'female' is because of the keeled breastbone and the curved body, as well as the bandolier.

I'll be honest: the fact that's being used for *both* genders makes me even *more* happy. Like, giddy-to-the-point-of-squeeing happy.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

*jaw drops*

HOLY!!! The new Arakkoa models are absolutely amazing! I've always liked them, and I'm happy to see that they're back! If they ever become a playable race, I'll have an army of birdwomen. *cackles maniacally*
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Kurasu wrote:
Kayb wrote:According to a tweet on the front page of MMO, this model will be used for both female AND male Arrakoa.

The reason you're seeing it as 'female' is because of the keeled breastbone and the curved body, as well as the bandolier.

I'll be honest: the fact that's being used for *both* genders makes me even *more* happy. Like, giddy-to-the-point-of-squeeing happy.

Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't want to see bird breasts. And birds aren't very sexually dimorphic. It's pretty much only the difference between duller (female) feathers and brighter (male) feathers, so if Arakkoa ever become playable, a few changes to make a slight difference between the two (not in the way of breasts, please) will be made, but the main difference will be in the eyelashes and feather colours.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kurasu wrote:
Same :) I'm very happy to hear this! If they fly then the males should probably just as light in frame but with huge breastbones, as the females.

Though if they follow the traits of many real birds, the males could be brightly coloured and the females dull browns and greys ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Well they are like Jinyu and Murlocs. I mean the only way you can tell most fish a part gender wise is that females tend to be bigger XD

I like the idea that they are doing with them seemingly being caste based. With the winged Arakkoa being the high class and the wingless Arakkoa being lower class/ inferior. The fact that the Winged ones are meant to be a lot more nasty then the ones we have seen in OL is even better as it fits in with the whole high caste thing.

Arakkoa ever become playable? I don't think that will happen.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I really like that they didn't go with some extreme sexual dimprphism here, like they do with most playable races. Those are birds after all!

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Off-topic, but I wonder if ogres lack dimorphism too and we've been seeing females all along and not knowing it ;)

Or they're actually all hermaphrodites.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I remember it took years before I realized that the quillboar had both male and female models!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Those boar boobies always crack me up :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote:Those boar boobies always crack me up :lol:
The female quilboars remind me of Aughra :)

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Good God Wain...she's horrifying...
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Wow Wain you are right they do kind of look like her!