Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Unread post by Qraljar »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Lupen202 wrote:Going to have an excitement overload with all this attention we're getting concerning pets ;-; New raptor models, thunder isle birds, stags, bats, new sporebats, riverbeasts, ravagers, new boars, talbuks, clefthooves, new wolves, rylaks, new kaliri, new hydras...
I know right... and to think back at the start people were all like "Wahhhhh :( only 3 new families!!!!"

One never really knows what is up their thrifty blue sleeves... and so yet again, the hunters getting totes spoilt (woot woot!) ;)

That was more because of MoP was very disappointing in terms of pet additions for hunters.

But they're knocking this expansion right out of the ballpark, in terms of hunter pets. So many amazing new models. No Sandreavers and Kunchong yet, but at least he has commented and more or less said "not yet", which means they have a good chance in the future, and that's more hope than I ever had before.

Jeremy and Jonathan are really making a lot of hunters happy. Looking to be the best expansion for hunter pets in a long time. Now to hope that Pterrorwings/Pterodactyls/Skyscreamers will be tameable soon as well, and then Sandreavers and Kunchong, and (perhaps, maybe, if they change their mind later, hopefully) Dread Ravens, and .. wow.

And of course there are the Ravagers, which are awesome.

WerebearGuy wrote:https://twitter.com/_Fortyz_/status/492442830435262465

Plant Hydras MIGHT be tameable. Tame check later in beta, so we won't know til later. Please pester him more in a polite and relaxed manner!
Are you sure he's thinking of those? Maybe they mean the mobs in Gorgrond that use the thunderhydra model?
Last edited by Qraljar on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

This would not only make the people who want gyreworms happy, it'll make the people like me who want more rounded families happy! Rhino's getting filled out, so Shale Spider getting filled out pleases me greatly. :D

.... which still leaves a lot of families needing some filling-out. Hmmm.

So let's see. Cranes have 6 and Tallstriders have 6. Both could maybe be squeezed in together? Or maybe we can make some tameable Hawkstriders for Tallstriders... not sure what could be done about Cranes, then.

Crocolisks have 9. Add in Diemetradons and there would be 13!

Dragonhawks have 9. There's an untameable skin there, though, and I'd think other colors could be easily added.

Foxes have 5. I'm... honestly not sure how to add more into this family.

Goats have 6. Adding rams in would add a *bunch* of colors. Could maybe add talbuks in, too, if they aren't being put in the stags family.

Gorillas and monkeys both have 5. Maybe cram monkeys and gorillas together the way they first planned?

Hyenas have 7. Again: not sure what could be done with them other than adding more hyenas.

Nether Rays have 5. Same as above.

Porcupines have 6. And being as these are a pretty narrow family, I'm not sure how it could be filled out. Adding armadillos? Making some sort of hedgehogs?

Sporebats (even with the new models) have 6, unless I miscounted. However, adding new colors would probably be easy, so not as worried about this. Yet.

Warp Stalkers have 6, but since we're in the warpstalkers' 'Home turf', getting more wouldn't surprise me.

Chimeras have 8. Just get rid of the Rylaks and make them Chimeras, darnit!

Core Hounds have 5, 6 if they add the updated skin as a wild somewhere, but that's still something that could be filled out.

Devilsaurs have 9. ... I guess 9 is probably enough, but maybe with new raptors being added, they can add some new devilsaurs as well? ;)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Kurasu wrote:
This would not only make the people who want gyreworms happy, it'll make the people like me who want more rounded families happy! Rhino's getting filled out, so Shale Spider getting filled out pleases me greatly. :D

So let's see. Cranes have 6 and Tallstriders have 6. Both could maybe be squeezed in together? Or maybe we can make some tameable Hawkstriders for Tallstriders... not sure what could be done about Cranes, then.

Dragonhawks have 9. There's an untameable skin there, though, and I'd think other colors could be easily added.

Goats have 6. Adding rams in would add a *bunch* of colors. Could maybe add talbuks in, too, if they aren't being put in the stags family.

Gorillas and monkeys both have 5. Maybe cram monkeys and gorillas together the way they first planned?

Hyenas have 7. Again: not sure what could be done with them other than adding more hyenas.

Porcupines have 6. And being as these are a pretty narrow family, I'm not sure how it could be filled out. Adding armadillos? Making some sort of hedgehogs?

Sporebats (even with the new models) have 6, unless I miscounted. However, adding new colors would probably be easy, so not as worried about this. Yet.

Warp Stalkers have 6, but since we're in the warpstalkers' 'Home turf', getting more wouldn't surprise me.

Core Hounds have 5, 6 if they add the updated skin as a wild somewhere, but that's still something that could be filled out.

Devilsaurs have 9. ... I guess 9 is probably enough, but maybe with new raptors being added, they can add some new devilsaurs as well? ;)
I think we've got plenty of devilsaurs romping around the place :lol: and the updated model we got in patch 5.2 was good enough for me :D for foxes, how about an updated model to get rid of that horrible leg thinning they get when they run? It's too much to ask for now, but at a later date I'd like to see my foxes run without looking like their leg is about to snap. Or foxes with multiple tails? Kitsune! I'd love it!

I will say that I'm more than happy with what we're getting this time around. I'll happily wait till close to the end of the year for this patch simply because they're treating us hunters so nicely. Think of what we've got...new raptors, new wolves, hydras, terroclaws, terroclaw chicks, thunder hydras, Rylaks, stags, talbuks, rams? Not sure on the last one, but I'm sure they'll allow us to tame stags and talbuks.

*leans back in chair* I'm content :) I should have enough stable slots for the new pets. Should :/
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I agree we have plenty of devilsaurs, but I wouldn't mind Thok and Oon becoming tamable :D Or those other armored devilsaurs on thunder isle, unless they want the armored model to still be rare and hard to get. Will be a looong time before Thok is solo able I'd think, but Oon should be possible mid to late WoD?

Same goes for Horridon.

Chimaeron opened the door for a lot of things. xD

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Added the new raptors...

Image Image Image Image Image
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:Added the new raptors...

Looking good, Wain! Also, seen anything on the carrionworm model?

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Imho terrorwngs and tallstriders should be grouped as thunderbirds, while seagulls regrouped with cranes as waterbird. Charhound as dog and beaver as riverbeast.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Image Image Image Image Image
I like the dark green one best I think. But that yellow/golden one is pretty cool. They all actually look like they're going to rip your face off if you get too close, rather than the ones we've got at the minute. I'll be updating one of my own raptors (who's got no name and is stuck with Raptor for now) and probably get one or two of these. I see these in Nagrand/a foresty area. I'm not too clear with the new areas, but I don't see any in frostfire ridge.

Tell you what colour I'd like for one of these. I'd love a jet back one or a white one :) but I'm content with them as they are.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

The only thing I dislike about the new raptors is that they don't have any with pretty, contrast-y stripes. I've never been a fan of "red with redder stripes" or what have you, and so far those are the only options! ...Well, aside from blue with super dull yellow stripes.

I'd kill for a remake of this fabulous guy, though. Image

It's something I've seen Blizzard doing a lot with their new creatures, which is a shame. Contrast is good!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote:
Thanks. No, nothing on the carrion worm front. I did some fishing around for potential filenames for a larva/mobile version but found nothing.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Kurasu wrote:

Come on....We need more dogs
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:
Qraljar wrote:
Thanks. No, nothing on the carrion worm front. I did some fishing around for potential filenames for a larva/mobile version but found nothing.
Ah, well thanks for the consideration!

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

WerebearGuy wrote:
Redith wrote:wait, what is the teroclaw or teroclaw chick again?
Teroclaw is the brown Ji-kun, and the Teroclaw Chick is the Fledgling (grounded feathery raptor thing) that is spawned when the egg group fails miserably.
Hmm let me see *looks up Ji-kun*

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

Still no hope for the manawurms?! D=

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Akyo wrote:Still no hope for the manawurms?! D=
I love manawyrms. I think it'd suit a blood elf hunter to actually have something of arcane energy as a pet. I'm surprised that they didn't get a manawyrm as their starting pet, instead of dragonhawks. Then again, I'm sure some lore is in the way or something. I could ask Muffinus on twitter actually.
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Akyo »

Kayro wrote:
Akyo wrote:Still no hope for the manawurms?! D=
I love manawyrms. I think it'd suit a blood elf hunter to actually have something of arcane energy as a pet. I'm surprised that they didn't get a manawyrm as their starting pet, instead of dragonhawks. Then again, I'm sure some lore is in the way or something. I could ask Muffinus on twitter actually.
We did get the mana serpents and they are absolutly wondefull but i was always hopeing the manaWurms would follow behind(and frenzy/sharks...i want sharks).
But so far they have gotten no attention. >: poor little guys

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Redith wrote:
Kurasu wrote:

Come on....We need more dogs
Cough*perkypugcharhound*cough.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Guys! He's small, but we can tame clefthooves! Image
actually...he's rather large, but still ^.^
for comparison. Lil clefthoof runtie :3 that's his name now. Runtie. Plus, charia is looking mighty fine in her new gear. Bright pink...bleh
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Redith wrote: Come on....We need more dogs
There are 15 dogs, plus the one unused 'muscle-grey' one!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Akyo »

Kayro wrote:Guys! He's small, but we can tame clefthooves! Image
actually...he's rather large, but still ^.^
for comparison. Lil clefthoof runtie :3 that's his name now. Runtie. Plus, charia is looking mighty fine in her new gear. Bright pink...bleh
But that is a druid. not a hunter. Companion pet then.