Half man half cat druid

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: Half man half cat druid

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Junrei wrote: yes yes yes yes!

I just hope they have female versions too.....
Well going off the fact that ALL other druid forms for both female and male players alike share the same shapeshifted models, by all means hope, but don't hold your breath.... you'll probably pass out. :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Help, I'm actually kind of confused. What would a female version mean? They're... cats. Curvaceous hips and big ol' boobs? Or just a thinner body?

Big muscular things aren't necessarily male!

...Then again, I'm weird about gendering things. Things like big hulking killer cats should not, for me, need to be gendered. They're big hulking killer cats- I don't think they really care. While I'm not getting the talent on my druid most likely, the Lion form would be perfect for her- it's bulky and ready to tear stuff up, which is just what she needs.

...Also I kind of fear that if they made a female model for these guys, it'd turn out so different from males (see: almost every other female of a race with big huge males) that we'd be getting little stick kitties. ;_;

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I'd normally agree with you Lupis, but the current model is just SO masculine ... it's hard to argue that it could fit for both female and male.

If they would just seriously tone down the muscles on these cats so they look agile and lanky like a cat should, THEN it's not so bad having only one model, imo. Just make them not so obviously male.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

im not saying it should have boobs and mascara =P
Just a more slender, slightly curved shape with less muscles would fit better for a female character.
To make up for less muscles they could make the claws and fangs longer, Making it look agile and deadly rathern than bruteish.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Keep in mind these models are used for Draenor's Saberon creatures...and since its Draenor, they kinda look all big, killer, and savagey just by virtue of that.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I DONT EVEN CARE ABOUT FEMALE/MALE MODELS

I JUST WANT TO LEVEL MY FERAL DRUID SO I CAN BE A CHARR BIG KITTY PERSON
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

would that mean that perhaps your staff would be visible in man-cat form?

I think i'll have to be a druid now too Azu -
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

SpiritBinder wrote:Celestalon has confirmed that they will move on all fours, have a variety of clawing attacks and...

Tiger ---> Troll
Leopard ---> Worgen
Lion ---> Tauren
Panther ---> Nightelf.

but would like to expand on these limited choices in the future.
I've always been against Worgen druids. It just seems wrong and it felt like they only existed to balance the druid class for me, but now…

I NEED ONE! THAT LEOPARD FORM! HOLY ME GUSTA!

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Help, I'm actually kind of confused. What would a female version mean? They're... cats. Curvaceous hips and big ol' boobs? Or just a thinner body?

Big muscular things aren't necessarily male!

...Then again, I'm weird about gendering things. Things like big hulking killer cats should not, for me, need to be gendered. They're big hulking killer cats- I don't think they really care. While I'm not getting the talent on my druid most likely, the Lion form would be perfect for her- it's bulky and ready to tear stuff up, which is just what she needs.

...Also I kind of fear that if they made a female model for these guys, it'd turn out so different from males (see: almost every other female of a race with big huge males) that we'd be getting little stick kitties. ;_;
I agree. For example, when I imagine Werewolves I always pictured them as huge and muscular, no matter the gender. I feel like this should be the same way. I'd rather my female druid be a badass beast then something more…feminine I guess

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Help, I'm actually kind of confused. What would a female version mean? They're... cats. Curvaceous hips and big ol' boobs? Or just a thinner body?
Given how closely these models resemble High Priest Thekal/the proc from the level 60 ZG fist weapon set:

I would assume that a female version would be similar to High Priestess Arlokk (and her replacement, Kilnara):

So yeah, big 'ol boobs. Not so much in the hip department though that might also be because those are classic models. She's still pretty poweful looking but she's definitely not quite the overblown dorito that Thekal was.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I was going to mention the female tigons* in Zul Gurub. They use the same skeleton afaik, as the male tigon there (and Roar in kara). The other druid forms are either androgynous (moonkin) or masculine (stag) or somewhere in between (cat and bear). But those giant V-torsoed models are very masculine in a very humanoid way.

If they're only going to have one gender of tigon-form models, wouldn't it make more sense for all of them to be female, since female great cats are more aggressive than males?

Other questions:
Would they have visible gear or weapons? Would the weapons remained sheathed so they can use their claws (only fist weapons would look 'right' IMO). The current description sounds like its bringing back classic hybrid, where you can be feral or healing on demand. It looks like a pvp talent.

*Tigon was the name of the model when ZG first came out, but I don't know if "Tigon" was ever used in game. I think there's supposed to be a race on Draenor called Saberons that are the humanoid cats.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Junrei wrote: yes yes yes yes!

I just hope they have female versions too.....
Well going off the fact that ALL other druid forms for both female and male players alike share the same shapeshifted models, by all means hope, but don't hold your breath.... you'll probably pass out. :D
A bit different when comparing feral to anthro though. ;) Feral, you can't really tell male and female apart. Anthro, you can. These models are incredibly masculine. Even female werewolves looked different than males, hence the whole worgens looking different bit.

Now keep in mind, I'm not saying they need giant boobs or something. They just need to have a more feminine alternative. These models before us now are NOT androgynous like the normal cat forms are. They're masculine to an extreme really.
Last edited by Lisaara on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

SCIENCE HAS GONE TOO FAR
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Xota wrote: Other questions:
Would they have visible gear or weapons? Would the weapons remained sheathed so they can use their claws (only fist weapons would look 'right' IMO). The current description sounds like its bringing back classic hybrid, where you can be feral or healing on demand. It looks like a pvp talent.
Now I can't find the freakin' tweets, but a dev tweeted that they're "too feral for armor" and that they'll only be using claws for combat. So it's looking like no armor and no weapons will show.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
Xota wrote: Other questions:
Now I can't find the freakin' tweets, but a dev tweeted that they're "too feral for armor" and that they'll only be using claws for combat. So it's looking like no armor and no weapons will show.
Too bad, pants/skirt/sarong with a possible shirt would be pretty cool. Imagine torn pants and a tank top, or a sarong (with sarashi if female). No bulky shoulder armor, no goofy boots or gloves, no flappy capes. At least Tauren won't have lionhorns.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

These new cat humanoids can already use armor and weapons (just like a Male Worgen in which their model follows very closely in structure)

So for any of your druids gear being visible, it's complete possibility in this new form.
Attachments
Saberon.jpg
Saberon.jpg (241.73 KiB) Viewed 3205 times

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

Way that armor looks on them, they just need to scrap it as a druid form and make it another neutral race or something, lol.

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

So stupid question, but by "non-damaging" druid spells, we can't use any attacks on anyone in this badass form? Or only things like rake, claw, shred? Obviously we can still heal ourselves.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

SpiritBinder wrote:Celestalon has confirmed that they will move on all fours, have a variety of clawing attacks and...

Tiger ---> Troll
Leopard ---> Worgen
Lion ---> Tauren
Panther ---> Nightelf.

but would like to expand on these limited choices in the future.

Joking aside, I need to turn my Night Elf druid into a Worgen sometime. 83

PS. I found that gif on Tumblr. Teehee.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

Yeah, I'd rather it be a new race... just because I don't want to make an worgen just to play the cool cat-man...cus lets be real. I'd only make a druid to be a cat man :lol: