Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Unread post by Qraljar »

Loki wrote:
Slickrock wrote:
Loki wrote:I sorta don't ever see giraffes making it in, sadly :/ Though yaks and shoveltusks I believe is just a matter of time.
Yeah, another time. Considering how long this community has wanted stags, and hydras.. did ya'll forget about the hydras? :lol:
Mhm yeah Stags have been on my wishlist since Vanilla (although I'm more take-it-or-leave-it on hydras) xD Stags AND Talbuks in one go def. satisfies me for this expansion :)

Well, like I said: if you really want to try and get an answer on the giraffes, ask Muffinus on Twitter. He's a cool guy, and even if he doesn't have a positive answer for you, I'm sure he'll gladly take your suggestions. :)

SylviaDragon wrote:I think i saw him say that he felt like shoveltusks may be closer to the boar family?

Yep. He did. I'll link the tweet later. But he said such a thing. No confirmation, though. Just something he felt. Like "if anything, they seem closest to boars.".
Lupen202 wrote:
Qraljar wrote:
Lupen202 wrote:I suppose so, but I'm just imagining a really small elekk that would just look more ridiculous than anything xD

Not -really- small. Devilsaurs are quite large, still. In fact, yes, look at devilsaurs: huge. Shrink to a more manageable size. Same for hydras. They don't look ridiculous. Elekks (and mammoths) can still be quite large. Just not.. y'know.. EXTREMELY SO.
I suppose you're right; if they do make them tamable guess we'll just have to see how small they really are. Not sure if I'd tame one though.

Well, I don't think they'd have to be too ridiculously small, so I think they can still make sense. And that's all right. You don't need to tame them. They do look good, though, and I don't think they'd look too silly!
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Forgot about riverbeasts too.. they're pretty large at the moment in beta. :P So /shrug.

But speaking of size, rylaks seem to be the opposite, and a bit on the small side. Wish they'd make them a tad larger as long as there aren't any clipping issues. That's one thing that annoys me with the old chimeras.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Lupen202 wrote:Forgot about riverbeasts too.. they're pretty large at the moment in beta. :P So /shrug.

But speaking of size, rylaks seem to be the opposite, and a bit on the small side. Wish they'd make them a tad larger as long as there aren't any clipping issues. That's one thing that annoys me with the old chimeras.

I hope Ravagers, Riverbeasts and Thunder Hydras stay the size they are. They are totally awesome and menacing. Much unlike most of the (admittedly) cutesy Mists pets. They scream savage.

Also, I forgot.. I should totally ask Muffinus whether beavers could join Riverbeasts. That one was totally a clever suggestion, and deserves being asked.

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Do shoveltusks shed their horns? -- stag. Do they keep them? -- Rhino. Boar?....

Given the physical traits of Riverbeasts, beavers would make sense.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

Not sure if it's been posted yet but I just saw this on wowhead

Clefthooves Tamable as Rhino Family
Jeremy Feasel@Muffinus18h
#Hunters Update: Rhino family now includes all Clefthooves, next beta build. THEY'RE SO FLUFFY!!
ReplyRetweetFavorite
Broketsu@Bro_ketsu18h
@Muffinus Sweet! Still wondering about them kodos and mushan, though. But clefthooves oughta make a lot of people happy.
ReplyRetweetFavorite
@Bro_ketsu They are distinctly 3-toed and obv. from a different lineage. Would be the same family as each other probs, maybe in future.
ReplyRetweetFavorite
Slickrock@TheSlickrock1d
@Muffinus So are there some savage spirit beasts roaming this old new world, or will be going back to current content if those are desired?
ReplyRetweetFavorite
Jeremy Feasel@Muffinus21h
@TheSlickrock Not as many this time, spent more time fleshing out other families, SB family is getting fairly robust, you get Void Wolf tho
ReplyRetweetFavorite

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Ceravan wrote:Not sure if it's been posted yet but I just saw this on wowhead

Clefthooves Tamable as Rhino Family
#Hunters Update: Rhino family now includes all Clefthooves, next beta build. THEY'RE SO FLUFFY!!
ReplyRetweetFavorite
Broketsu@Bro_ketsu18h
@Muffinus Sweet! Still wondering about them kodos and mushan, though. But clefthooves oughta make a lot of people happy.
ReplyRetweetFavorite
@Bro_ketsu They are distinctly 3-toed and obv. from a different lineage. Would be the same family as each other probs, maybe in future.
ReplyRetweetFavorite
Slickrock@TheSlickrock1d
@Muffinus So are there some savage spirit beasts roaming this old new world, or will be going back to current content if those are desired?
ReplyRetweetFavorite
@TheSlickrock Not as many this time, spent more time fleshing out other families, SB family is getting fairly robust, you get Void Wolf tho
ReplyRetweetFavorite

My tweets are getting listed a lot on major sites lately. :P

But yeah, we've been following it very closely. Thanks anyway, though! We (at least I) appreciate the thought!

Also, I want tameable choppers. This picture of a chopper eating hay in the garrison stables totally proves that they are beasts and should be tameable! ;)

Fangz
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane

Unread post by Fangz »

uuuuhhh found a wolf but it is classified as a warp stalker. To tame just go to shadowmoon valley and make sure you have not done any of the quest with the podlings and you will find them there.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_072714_195817.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072714_195817.jpg (388.26 KiB) Viewed 3050 times
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Fangz wrote:uuuuhhh found a wolf but it is classified as a warp stalker. To tame just go to shadowmoon valley and make sure you have not done any of the quest with the podlings and you will find them there.
LOL.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Fangz
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane

Unread post by Fangz »

found yet another beast thinking it is a family it should not be a part of lol. This time it is a wasp thinking its a ravager.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_072714_203344.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072714_203344.jpg (381.53 KiB) Viewed 3050 times
WoWScrnShot_072714_203554.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072714_203554.jpg (418.45 KiB) Viewed 3050 times
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Off-topic, I would love it if Gluth (Undead Doggy boss from Naxx) was made tameable into the dog family. We've had plenty of undead/rotting pets over the years, and he does fit the bill of #savage. As well as a tribute to the Curse of Naxxramas release. It also gives non-Beast masters access to the corehound skeleton, and we need more dogs!

From the wiki:

"Gluth, the foul plague-dog of Naxxramas, was said to have an appetite so voracious that even the living were not enough to satisfy his hunger. Feugen was said to feed him an army of zombies daily, recycling the remains of undead too weak to use in combat."
- Commander Eligor Dawnbringer

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15932#modelviewer:10+0
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Qraljar wrote:
Ceravan wrote:Not sure if it's been posted yet but I just saw this on wowhead
Slickrock@TheSlickrock1d
ReplyRetweetFavorite
ReplyRetweetFavorite

My tweets are getting listed a lot on major sites lately. :P
Not sure how to read this, is he saying we are getting Void Wolf as a Spirit Beast, or getting the Void Beast as a Spirit Beast-like pet?
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I think he's saying there'll be a lone tamable void wolf (noninstanced) that is an SB. Probably in Tanaan.

To be fair, as cool as it is, the void wolf is -currently- only accessible to Alliance, and though that's awesome, I do think it'd be unfair to lock a unique model to one faction. I suspect that had more to do with their decision to make them untamable than just 'oo glowy wuf'. After all, there's a non-rare wolf version of Skoll (sorta) so... just being 'glowy' by itself isn't enough reason to declare something untamable.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

don't know if this has been posted yet, but....

the basilisks, warpstalkers and tallstriders of draenor will have new model? please they need one, thanks
We tried to update as many iconic creatures as possible, sadly we could not get them all. (_DonAdams)

it's on the mmoc homepage.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Yeah I saw that too, but in all fairness I don't feel they need to update all the models, but it would be nice if they actually used ones that were a little more relevant to Draenor.

Why they would use the Azeroth Basilisks and not the Outland (Draenor) ones is a little confusing. The Ouland ones not only are a newer model, they are supposed to be Native to Draenor!? Not all the beats on Draneor have to be different/"Savagified"/replaced. This is only set 30ish years in the past right? How much can one species evolve in that amount of time. Som things could have stayed the same just fine.

If they didn't want the Vivid colors or something, skin changes/edits are just as effective.

** IMAGES COURTESY OF WAIN'S SKIN EDITS **

Same could be said and done with the Outland Raptors,

And Ravagers...

Not that I dont ADORE the new raptor model and even the "ravithids", but they just don't feel like they are from the Draenor we already know. Call me picky, but if they wanted to upgrade Draenor beasts, they should have "Savagified" the original outland beasts. :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Clayford13 wrote:don't know if this has been posted yet, but....

the basilisks, warpstalkers and tallstriders of draenor will have new model? please they need one, thanks
We tried to update as many iconic creatures as possible, sadly we could not get them all. (_DonAdams)

it's on the mmoc homepage.
It's a shame about those, but understandable. A new lizard model would have been nice, that could also be used for critters without having extra legs or weird spikes. And a tallstrider that doesn't look like it's ready to be deep fried.

I bet the fungal whales didn't make it past concept art either. :(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

a new bear model would be nice too...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

TheAncientOne

Unread post by TheAncientOne »

I will say this again: The new raptor model is good but doesnt look for Draenor. Draenor need a little more savage raptor. Tallstriders and Basilisks need new models right now, they are so old and ugly; and Warpstalkers need a new model too, like Moloch Lizard, chlamydosaurus or, i dont know, half wolf half-lizzard (a lizard with a bit of fur). In early BC alpha Warpstalkers had a little beard, like in the concept art.

mmo-champion show 2 of my tweets (the new model of basilisks, tall striders and warpstalkers and the twet about the Scorpars)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

As of right now, beta has both Azeroth and Outland versions of raptors and basilisks in place. Not sure if anything is PH but it does feel a bit odd to see them side by side.

On the bright side, they are updating creature models all the time throughout an xpac. The bat, wyvern, and gryphon (just to name a few) got updated during MoP after launch.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I feel let down that they would update pets that already had decent models (Sporebats, for example), but not Tallstriders, who have been begging for one for ages. X_x A recent tweet suggests they're done with all the new beast models.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

I really do hope they make
available and tameable after all.

I get that it may have been a prototype, but it's a model that functions just fine and looks really, really great. And I've even seen skulls of this type of rylak, and that's actually really cool because they can spin a story around that. They could be a long-extinct step of the rylaks' evolutionary chain, thought to have long been lost and replaced by common day rylak. However, and perhaps they could do this as a track tame, there is one left. One from a time before the common-day rylak, one that is ancient, and has survived and lived to this day. Hell, the model already has that 'aged' feel to it, that makes it seem like it is a survivor from very long ago, when rylaks were simply different. Just that would add a sense of fluid.. history to the world some more, which in turn is more immersive.

This could actually give an intriguing spin to the model. I mean.. the last of its kind -- a living fossil!

Now look at the other Pros:

o It's a great model, and looks awesome. I would take this model over the normal rylak myself. Its huge tail-pincer and overall appearance gives it a really savage appearance, whereas the rylak looks relatively sophisticated, like evolution cleaned its appearance up. It really feels like it's a living fossil, which gives a cool vibe to it.

o They could build a good story around this creature, and perhaps a challenge/track tame as well, if they wanted to.

o It is much desired. Just here and on Twitter, I saw a lot of people who really, really want this to be a pet. The model already exists, it's not just a concept art. All that needs to happen is for it to be implemented.

o The artists who created this won't have their creation and the work they put into it wasted. Why waste it and throw a perfectly good model in the bin? Especially when so many people show interest in it?

o Rylaks are already quite strange to have their own family, but okay, let's put that aside. Since rylaks are a very specific family, the chance that they will revisit and add models to the family later is slim. As such, it will be another one of those families left behind with just one model, and that's a shame. This model would at least give some kind of variation, and not leave it catching dust too much.

Cons:

o They need to make a mob and give it this model.

Really, the pros outweigh the cons so much that it seems extremely strange that they don't want to add these. So again, I hope they reconsider, and Muffinus, if you're reading this, I surely hope you do reconsider, because it's a great opportunity to add a great model that would otherwise be thrown in the bin for no good reason whatsoever. A lot of people love the model, and would gladly take it if Blizzard was willing to add it to the game. And I mean.. if you really don't want to waste too much time on it, just add it as a normal rarespawn in some cave.

Hell, it would help improve that Timeless Isle (explore and find treasure in obscure places) treasure concept, but this time specifically for hunters. If you do want to make it something special, or feel like doing so, there are a lot of things that can be done. Track tames, challenge tames, or even both. And a story about how it's basically a fossil, the <Last of its Kind>, an extinct step in the evolutionary chain of the rylak, except for the fact that one survived.