Possible new mounts in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Re: Possible new mounts in WoD

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

YES! I know what I will have to buy in wod now. That raptor has been a very elusive and important part of my wow history and every time I see it i always regret not being able to get it before it was removed. I wish it was a drop from somthing since BMAH prices are often cringe worthy at the very least but if i could save up 400k for a spectral tiger than i dare say I can bide my time and get this elusive mount as well.
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I'd really like to see the tiger again :) One of my fav mounts...prefer it in a dungeon but meh

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Castile wrote:I'd really like to see the tiger again :) One of my fav mounts...prefer it in a dungeon but meh
Me too! As a standard assumption, the Tiger should hopefully appear, but until it does, it's not 100% (Eg. the Plagued Protodrake is on the current BMAH, but not the Black :? )

Also with the winding up of the WOW TCG, they might add more TCG mounts on the new BMAH, you never know. There has already been the Tabards that used to be only available via the card Points and the Tuskar Kite appear, so you never know.

Regarding the Tiger, Raptor and Protos, with the ability to now scale gear and content up and down, it could have been a interesting way to add these back into the game. Go back and do ZG on the Scaled down versions of your characters, and then they could have dropped the old mounts? Or Scale down to Nax level and then do the achievements associated with the meta and then gain the Protos. They way they would still be available, but you would once again have to work for them as you once used to and not lose the luck/accomplishment attached to them.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Castile wrote:I'd really like to see the tiger again :) One of my fav mounts...prefer it in a dungeon but meh
Me too! As a standard assumption, the Tiger should hopefully appear, but until it does, it's not 100% (Eg. the Plagued Protodrake is on the current BMAH, but not the Black :? )

Also with the winding up of the WOW TCG, they might add more TCG mounts on the new BMAH, you never know. There has already been the Tabards that used to be only available via the card Points and the Tuskar Kite appear, so you never know.

Regarding the Tiger, Raptor and Protos, with the ability to now scale gear and content up and down, it could have been a interesting way to add these back into the game. Go back and do ZG on the Scaled down versions of your characters, and then they could have dropped the old mounts? Or Scale down to Nax level and then do the achievements associated with the meta and then gain the Protos. They way they would still be available, but you would once again have to work for them as you once used to and not lose the luck/accomplishment attached to them.
Yeah, personally I don't like that I have to be rich to aquire "retired" items and mounts. It makes sense for things that are still in the game but extremely rare, or hard to get gear. But why things that are not in the game anymore?
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

PorrasouxRex wrote:
Yeah, personally I don't like that I have to be rich to aquire "retired" items and mounts. It makes sense for things that are still in the game but extremely rare, or hard to get gear. But why things that are not in the game anymore?
Yeah i agree. I always thought a really good way to add them back but still be rare would be to add an old Zandalari vendor into the game and only those that managed to get exhalted with them before it got removed be able to buy old gear and the two mounts from them. That way they remain a item for those that played then but maybe weren't so lucky on drop rates. The same could be done for the bear in ZA with those that did the raid (but not nessarily the timed boxes) before the end of BC being able to purchase it. I don't mind them being in the bmah for other people as well.

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Castile wrote: Yeah i agree. I always thought a really good way to add them back but still be rare would be to add an old Zandalari vendor into the game and only those that managed to get exhalted with them before it got removed be able to buy old gear and the two mounts from them. That way they remain a item for those that played then but maybe weren't so lucky on drop rates. The same could be done for the bear in ZA with those that did the raid (but not nessarily the timed boxes) before the end of BC being able to purchase it. I don't mind them being in the bmah for other people as well.
The amount of QQ it would bring from people who where not around then would be madness. ;-; I love your idea because I could buy the tiger! :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

... could always add them to the RaF rewards ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Ooh good idea XD
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote:... could always add them to the RaF rewards ;)
Hmm will politely disagree with that suggestion just on the basis that seems way too easy for a super rare item (in my opinion) and also resides in the realms of dispossable RL money and/or friends. You might as well sell it on the store in that case (mega QQ for that one haha!!). I think it still needs a connection with the "you were here" kinda status symbol but somehow make it avaible for those that rng hated :)

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Well, the wink was because I know the RaF idea was already not very popular with a lot of people. ;)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Well I think we can all agree that no matter what they do there will always be a shit tone of QQ

From "it's too easy now boo hoo" to "I did not play at the time you could get the rep boo hoo"
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I agree with the suggestion of allowing those getting Exalted with the original trolls get the mounts. Do you know how many boss kills it took to get Exalted? Imagine Molten Core/Emperor Shaohao rep. It was that long of a grind back in the day.

Blizzard always recieves QQ. But that doesn't mean those who worked hard for it have to suffer because RNG wasn't nice to them before they got removed.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:Well I think we can all agree that no matter what they do there will always be a shit tone of QQ

From "it's too easy now boo hoo" to "I did not play at the time you could get the rep boo hoo"
Haha too true! People just like to whine is my theory no matter how awesome a game they made it. I am still in awe when i see someone with that tiger and stand along side with them on my raptor :)

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

PorrasouxRex wrote:Blizzard always recieves QQ. But that doesn't mean those who worked hard for it have to suffer because RNG wasn't nice to them before they got removed.
This can be very true too. Plenty of people were there at the time and tried very hard and still got nothing before it was removed. RNG is a part of the game, but RNG and then gone for good is a bit more painful for everyone who kept on working at it.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Wain wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:Blizzard always recieves QQ. But that doesn't mean those who worked hard for it have to suffer because RNG wasn't nice to them before they got removed.
This can be very true too. Plenty of people were there at the time and tried very hard and still got nothing before it was removed. RNG is a part of the game, but RNG and then gone for good is a bit more painful for everyone who kept on working at it.
It's different when something getting removed from the game isn't directly involved with RNG, such as Challenge Modes. At least you get the armor when you get all the achievements because you do receive it at the end. With ZG it was more of "Hey guys, we're changing ZG for a small content patch. Better pray to RNG you get what you want before we remove everything."

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Well if it's all in the interests of fairness then, the vendor should only be available to those whom got exhaled prior to 1.9 when new gear/content made it less relevant and easier.

That would probably remove 99% of this forums "entitlement" to these mounts, but then that would be the only fair right?

­
­
­
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

SpiritBinder wrote:Well if it's all in the interests of fairness then, the vendor should only be available to those whom got exhaled prior to 1.9 when new gear/content made it less relevant and easier.

That would probably remove 99% of this forums "entitlement" to these mounts, but then that would be the only fair right?
Not so much entitlement. Just hoping for a better option than "Well you guys who tried since the early days of WoW to get these mounts, can finally have a chance of getting them again. Only difference? Be filthy rich with gold/Know how to use the Auction House. Or you may as well just say it's still retired."

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I think it'd be simple to add the raptor back in without having to fork out for it. You could also add the tiger back in. It's kinda simple. Just add in the mounts to the actual dungeon. People still have to work for them. You could have both raptors drop from Mandohkir. Both cats drop from Kilnara. I don't see why they took them out in the first place.

Yeah, you'd have to farm the dungeon more, but at least you'd still get the mounts right? When I first saw the 'raptor has returned' I thought it would be back in the dungeon and they'd removed the other two mounts again. But apparently not. I don't want to pay around 300k for a raptor. I'm having a hard enough time trying to get a jewelled panther in all honesty.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Don't get me wrong, putting it on the BMAH is a pretty crud way to reimplement it, but at least it's still potentially avalible to anyone (yes given a lot of time and gold), but yeah... Errk.
But to reimplement them in a way that still definitively locks any portion of the player base out of haveing a chance to get them is kinda unfair and backwards imo.

­
­
­
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

SpiritBinder wrote:Don't get me wrong, putting it on the BMAH is a pretty crud way to reimplement it, but at least it's still potentially avalible to anyone (yes given a lot of time and gold), but yeah... Errk.
But to reimplement them in a way that still definitively locks any portion of the player base out of haveing a chance to get them is kinda unfair and backwards imo.
It's kind of why you have to be careful when reintroducing something that was removed from the game. You encounter two types of people. Those who have them already and won't give up their pixel status" by having these mounts, and will be aggressive on any attempt/idea to bring the mounts back, and available to players. Then you have people who want the mounts, but soon want to become like the original owners and don't want the mounts to flood capital cities. It's a very tricky problem.