Half man half cat druid

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Re: Half man half cat druid

Unread post by Divixon »

Worgen and Trolls get the best one!.. gona get my druid feral now -_-
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I like the NE one and Worgen one. I just really hope they made feminine versions.

Anyone know who I'd tweet to ask about that?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

As long as they fix the animation issues with it being on all fours. (Tail, and how clunky they look while walking or running) then I'll be happy.

Originally, this was honestly my hope when they announced the Worgen race. I didn't want Werewolves to be civilized and wearing armor or using magic. Were-beasts are feral, savage, and powerful. They shouldn't relay on weapons that their lesser forms use. This is exactly what it means to be half man, and half beast. Combine the anger and ferocity of the species into one.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

... Huh, this was not a thing I was expecting.
Cool concept though, not sure if I'll be running it on either of my druids, but that's mostly because I'm actually very fond of the cat forms we have already. Man though, you could really play the troll tiger as being a priest/ess of Shivalah for RP. And it's a way for trolls to potentially escape the technicolour tigers that they have at the moment if they're not fond of that look.

I almost hope that tail remains upright for a quadrupedal walk, if maybe made a little less stiff. Because upright cat tails make me a happy person.

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

Curious as to why they gave "manes" to the NE, Tauren, and Troll ones.

Why not a skull/tusks for Trolls? Why not some horns for Tauren? Hrm.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

I don't like the change too much. Sure, it's nice to include a "mane" for the different cat types, but here's something I don't understand. These are "feral" forms, and that is why the run on all fours. Why then, do they wear any sort of clothing?

This is my same problem with Worgen. They just look too...less feral with the necklace and the little cloth around them. I've loved Werebeast lore for a long time now. If they have to wear clothes, at the very least be TORN clothes on their bodies. Not some feral beast that decided "Hey, I suddenly care if people frown at me for not wearing clothes. Let's put on some random cloth and a necklace because I feel fabulous."
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

What bugs me about the manes is the texture quality. It's awful. And it doesn't even smooth out properly into the rest of the fur on the model. It's just a big stark line between textures and the necklaces just disappear clipping-style into the mane (and why did the Worgen's version get all those spots but the Troll's version didn't get stripes?). The ears are clipping into the mane too, can't see em now. Also, dem stretch lines from the bottom jaw down to the chest. Yikes.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Another case of they just should have left well enough alone with the first look. JUST LIKE with the rabid chih........ er .......... female worgen. These look SO MUCH WORSE. I will not level my druid now if this nastiness makes it to live.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Looks like a work in progress model to me. Clipping on the neck and I am guessing tail haven't been smoothed out yet. I like the armor style on them, my only suggestion would be to make the night elf one green or purple colored instead.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Makoes wrote:Looks like a work in progress model to me. Clipping on the neck and I am guessing tail haven't been smoothed out yet. I like the armor style on them, my only suggestion would be to make the night elf one green or purple colored instead.
I'm really hoping it's just a WIP and they're showing off the first stage of getting the models to a place they like before polishing them off. They've released things in the past without finishing them and no intentions to fix D: I really love these models and would totally have one of my druids get this form

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |