New Character Models Discussion - Update! Fem Gnome Faces

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: New Character Models Discussion - Update! Female Tauren!

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

They look MUCH better! So glad they have shown a few great examples too. Hopefully it will put peoples minds at ease regarding how much the artists at Bliz want these to be the best they can. Go team Bliz!

I did a quick cut/paste/tweak to show the original WoD Face, with the vanilla in the middle, and then the New WoD edited version, just so it's much easier to see the changes.

Attachments
Samesamebutdifferent.jpg
Samesamebutdifferent.jpg (236.56 KiB) Viewed 2441 times

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Wow that is much better thank goodness! I'm not even upset they delayed the blood elf models. I'm happy with how they look now and they really need to work on the faces.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Blood elf models being delayed IS a huge bummer. However I understand. I'm sure they'll be worth the wait.

And man the updates on the updates look AWESOME. Cannot wait.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Mm, a shame about blood elves being delayed until after launch. Thankfully out of all the earlier models, I think they've weathered the test of time the best. Their models were never in as dire of a need as some of the others. But still, sucks for people looking forward to having their favourite characters higher-res and awesomely pretty. Hopefully we'll see our magic-addicted colleagues joining the fray very soon after launch!

The re-tooled faces look so much better, along with being much more true to the original models. Very exciting stuff! I cannot wait to play around with these revamped looks.
Also, trolls next week? Eee! I've been excited to see how they've turned out. I bet those tusks must have been hell to model around for the various expressions.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I don't mind belves being pushed back. I'd rather have the vanilla ones come out first. They need it more after all!
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Blood Elves and Draenei were always told to be after the original 8 races.

However, Draenei are the focal race of the expansion for Alliance, so they bumped those up to priority, and rightfully so. Can you imagine the outrage if the Alliance had a less than stellar graphical experience in WoD compared to the Horde?

The new human female eyes are just... creepy.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Go Blizz! Sad the BElves wont be in time for Launch BUT that's okay. I'd rather they take their time. This was a huge undertaking. This also probably means worgen and goblin won't be looked at yet either.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

dang really bummed about blood elves. the elves are at the top of my list for races I want to see most. its completely understandable that some things will come a bit late though. They have already managed to cover many of the race/gender combos and we still have trolls on the way so I can live with the delays.
what do they have left now anyway? male/female trolls, male/females blood elves and male night elves? am i missing anything? Also do we have any word on if the male night elf will be done in time or will he be delayed as well?

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I think it's okay that Blood Elf models would be available at a later date. Actually something to look forward to.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mm, I can't help being a little disappointed since my mains are blood elves, but as long as they make them good then I guess don't mind too much. It'll just be a shame to level through the new expansion without getting to experience the revamped appearance. I don't know how long after launch they'll be implemented, but it would really suck to reach level 100 before they were added. :c I think part of the excitement of WoD will be to play and quest with your characters so you can enjoy the new models at first.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

Junrei wrote:Go Blizz! Sad the BElves wont be in time for Launch BUT that's okay. I'd rather they take their time. This was a huge undertaking. This also probably means worgen and goblin won't be looked at yet either.
Yeah, I thought about that too, with goblins and worgen. Let's just hope they do get updated later on.
As far as I remember, during Blizzcon they said that they would eventually update them. Or something like that.

Also, I am so exited about trolls! Specially the females. :o

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Smyelmdar wrote:
Junrei wrote:Go Blizz! Sad the BElves wont be in time for Launch BUT that's okay. I'd rather they take their time. This was a huge undertaking. This also probably means worgen and goblin won't be looked at yet either.
Yeah, I thought about that too, with goblins and worgen. Let's just hope they do get updated later on.
As far as I remember, during Blizzcon they said that they would eventually update them. Or something like that.

Also, I am so exited about trolls! Specially the females. :o
I'll be glad when the female trolls can blink again. It must hurt, being unable to blink. Imagine being in a desert as a female troll. You'd come out blind.

I don't mind them not updating belves yet. While it'd be nice for Krysteena to not look so pissed when she stares into the distance, I can handle her glaring at random objects for now. I'd rather they took their time with the elves. They look fine anyway, not too muscular but not too dainty. We rush them, we'd either get a walking stick as a blood elf or some...thing on steroids. Not good :/
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Kayro wrote: I'll be glad when the female trolls can blink again. It must hurt, being unable to blink. Imagine being in a desert as a female troll. You'd come out blind.

I don't mind them not updating belves yet. While it'd be nice for Krysteena to not look so pissed when she stares into the distance, I can handle her glaring at random objects for now. I'd rather they took their time with the elves. They look fine anyway, not too muscular but not too dainty. We rush them, we'd either get a walking stick as a blood elf or some...thing on steroids. Not good :/
True. And I so hope they will take the time to fix the helmet issues with blood elf females.
But troll females can 'blink' sometimes now! Haven't you seen those two squares on their eyes when they meditate as monks? I think they're eyelids. :D

When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Smyelmdar wrote:
Kayro wrote: I'll be glad when the female trolls can blink again. It must hurt, being unable to blink. Imagine being in a desert as a female troll. You'd come out blind.

True. And I so hope they will take the time to fix the helmet issues with blood elf females.
But troll females can 'blink' sometimes now! Haven't you seen those two squares on their eyes when they meditate as monks? I think they're eyelids. :D

Trolls can actually blink?! I never noticed that. Probably because I didn't enjoy my druid staring into my soul as I try to catch her blinking.

I generally avoid my hunter showing her helmet. How do her eyebrows get through the mail? Surely they'd bend or something. But no...they just poof out like odd unicorn horns. The ears too...they shouldn't be able to stick out like they do with the occasional helmet. On the loading screen for BC you can see a blood elf who's helmet actually accommodates the shape of her eyebrows and ears...it looks off but at least she hasn't got furry caterpillars poking out her helmet.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Kayro wrote: Trolls can actually blink?! I never noticed that. Probably because I didn't enjoy my druid staring into my soul as I try to catch her blinking.

I generally avoid my hunter showing her helmet. How do her eyebrows get through the mail? Surely they'd bend or something. But no...they just poof out like odd unicorn horns. The ears too...they shouldn't be able to stick out like they do with the occasional helmet. On the loading screen for BC you can see a blood elf who's helmet actually accommodates the shape of her eyebrows and ears...it looks off but at least she hasn't got furry caterpillars poking out her helmet.
Well, I think it's only when they meditate as monks. I haven't noticed them blinking otherwise.

And yeah, I had to race change my blood elf female to a tauren mostly because of the helmet issues.
So let's cross our fingers and hope for some helmet changes! :P

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

saw this on mmo champ/twitter today.
Chris G. Robinson ‏@artofcgrobinson:
Regarding Orc posture, want to add upright orcs eventually but that won't be part of this update, no guarantee or eta. If/when we introduce-

It would be as an option, not replacement of current posture. For every person who doesn't like it, there are 2 others that love the hump:)
so potential good news all around. If this gets implemented then maybe it will help open the gate for other optional details. not a promise but still a positive note!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I'd love to see upright for Undead.

Siggy under construction!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Almost all of the horde races have horrible posture. Tauren are hunchbacked, orcs, trolls, and undead slump terribly, and belfs have scoliosis. Only the girls tend to stand up straight and the poor femmetroll has obviously had spinal-fusion surgery (though I hope that will go away in WoD.)

It'd be nice to not have sympathetic back pain every time I'm on my horde alts.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Joonces
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Joonces »

I was on the beta last night and noticed that my Orc shaman's face had changed a bit. She's now blue-eyed and it looks like they've further refined/tweaked the Orc female faces. The Dranei females mouths seem different on a couple of the faces, but not any major differences. Night elf females seem to have been tweaked a bit too -- the shape of the head changes on a few of the models and that unibrow is finally gone!
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Joonces wrote:I was on the beta last night and noticed that my Orc shaman's face had changed a bit. She's now blue-eyed and it looks like they've further refined/tweaked the Orc female faces. The Dranei females mouths seem different on a couple of the faces, but not any major differences. Night elf females seem to have been tweaked a bit too -- the shape of the head changes on a few of the models and that unibrow is finally gone!
Yeah they added some of the tweaks to the faces in the most recent build. Sadly, they have not gotten to dwarves (of either gender) or female gnomes yet.

Probably saving the best for last. ;)