Garrison-stable

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Garrison-stable

Unread post by Lupen202 »

When capturing the wolf, it did have the coyote run. I can't confirm if it retains that in training though, as I haven't gotten any further quests yet. And even then, things might change when we finish training and learn the actual mount.

But I would love a wolf with the coyote run as well, even if I don't mind the direwolf/worg run.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It does indeed have the coyote run. Very fluid :)

This thread is wonderful. Thank you :) This is a really cool feature and looks like it's going to provide hours of fun, thanks to Muffin Man and co.

I wonder if it'd be possible to capture some things as babies (hippos and wolf pups, not sure if anything else has a baby model) and train them as they grow. I believe there's a baby hippo colour for each adult one, but I don't think so for wolves at this point.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Okay, thanks guys! :) let's hope it keeps the coyote run. I'll be building a stable in my garrison for sure. Also, when it gets to upgrade 3 we have a rare mount trader come into our garrison too :D I wonder what he/she will have to offer.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Just got six more training quests, one for each mount I captured. The wolf kept its coyote run during training, and also, apparently elekk and wolves don't take as long to train. (Can't confirm yet though)

But going off of Quest text:

"The wolves of Draenor are some of the most savage beasts around, but they've also gotten used to the sights and smells of the orcs and ogres that live here. It shouldn't take us much time at all to train this little ball of fur and death."

And for elekk:

"This beast is surely at home in Nagrand, and I bet ye after all of the years of domestication by draenei, it's going to be a snap to train."

Objective for both is to kill an ogre by the name of Gorian Beast-lasher in nagrand.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Lupen202 wrote:Just got six more training quests, one for each mount I captured. The wolf kept its coyote run during training, and also, apparently elekk and wolves don't take as long to train. (Can't confirm yet though)

But going off of Quest text:

"The wolves of Draenor are some of the most savage beasts around, but they've also gotten used to the sights and smells of the orcs and ogres that live here. It shouldn't take us much time at all to train this little ball of fur and death."

And for elekk:

"This beast is surely at home in Nagrand, and I bet ye after all of the years of domestication by draenei, it's going to be a snap to train."

Objective for both is to kill an ogre by the name of Gorian Beast-lasher in nagrand.
Sounds good. Keep up with these lil updates Lupen, if you please :)

The idea of certain mounts taking longer to tame is an interesting concept, and I'm glad the wolf is keeping the coyote run. Then again, it could change when we are given the mount. You know, somehow it's entire skeleton shifts when you finally complete it'd training.

I'm looking forward to training my own brown wolf ^_^ I can't wait to see when it'll be released either. I didn't entire the stream at the right time and for some reason I can't start watching halfway through. Oh well. Someone will post the release date soon enough.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Will do, but I have a feeling I won't have anything worth while for a bit lol. After turning in todays quests, all I got was a "continue training tomorrow" sort of thing. Not sure how long it'll take to complete said training.. or how many different npcs I'll end up having to kill with my mounts. And since its beta it could end up being either shorter or longer than live.. Just due to crashes/maintenance/new builds/wipes who knows what else :S

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

What a neat idea! I've always liked the idea of raising your own mount, especially after the Cloud Serpent quests. With many more options and not everyone taking the Stable, this feels more personal than just "1 of 3 choices" as well.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

ohhh i didn't see that this thread was getting so much activity since i first saw it. this is looking great! I can't wait to have a training stable of my own. it looks like a lot of fun and I am looking forward to having a wolf with a nice run animation for once. thank you for all the updates.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Whelp.. I finished training my wolf and elekk today but seems both reins are either bugged or not implemented ;-; I got a whistle instead of reins for my wolf (the same whistle you get during training) and the elekk reins show in the quest journal, but when you complete it and its put in your bags its simply a question mark with no info. Right clicking does nothing.

Darn :(

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

Hey! Just wanted to let you guys know - that the Young Silverpelt that you 'tame' for a mount is also the only currently flagged tameable Talbuk in the beta. :)

They are GORGEOUS!

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

This makes me pretty excited to play with the sable! Its been a building I've been keeping in mind for my garrison for live. I'm such a mount nut so it fits for me to get it...only issue is I have to make sure I h ave as many "useful" buildings for raiding and profs as possible first. XD -shakes fist at dwarven barracks-
ImageImage
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well, I believe once you get all of your mounts you can destroy the stables (and any other building) and build a new building in its place, without loosing the mounts you've learned of course. Though someone is free to correct to me.

Only issue I see with that is if they add more mounts to the stables in later patches you'd have to rebuild it, but I don't know if they'd do that or not...

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So the six garrison trainable mounts so far appear to be:

Image Trained Snarler (spellbook currently shows dark wolf, but everything suggests it will be the brown one)
Image Trained Riverwallow (unsure of saddle colour as the mount appearance is currently bugged)
Image Trained Silverpelt (this mount will be purple, so maybe it's due a name change.. :/ )
Image Trained Meadowstomper
Image Trained Icehoof
Image Trained Rocktusk

These cover almost all of the large families of beastly Draenor mounts, except for the rylaks and dread ravens. I guess we could get into capturing and training gronnlings and yeti too, but that may make the slavery aspect of these humanoid mounts a little too obvious. ;)

It looks like a lot of fun, anyway. I wonder if we'll see either a rylak (maybe in the simple, saddled 'taxi' style) or a purple dread raven in the future. Maybe the latter would upset too many people with the collector's mount, but it would be gorgeous.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeeeeee Elekk and wolf mounts for the different factions. Personally, only the wolf and Talbuk interest me (the others colours are a bit bland) and I'm kinda sad to see that the wolfs skeleton seems to shift when it's been tamed :/ what animals body will reshape itself because there'd a saddle on it's back?! Oh well. Warcraft logic should be unquestioned.

I'm hoping we'll see Rylaks and Dread Ravens also become trainable. Remember, we haven't seen to he level 3 stable, which is supposed to give us a rare mount trader. Perhaps he can give us special Rylaks or dread ravens. As someone who owns the collector edition, I wouldn't mind having a purple dread Raven be part of the stable feature. Then again, not everyone will share my views.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kayro wrote:I'm kinda sad to see that the wolfs skeleton seems to shift when it's been tamed :/ what animals body will reshape itself because there'd a saddle on it's back?!
WoW models were never meant to be realistic, though :) The difference between mount and wild models is almost certainly for aesthetics, so the rider doesn't sit as high in the air and the ride looks smoother.
Kayro wrote:Remember, we haven't seen to he level 3 stable, which is supposed to give us a rare mount trader.
True, this will be something fun to speculate on. To my knowledge there are no mounts flagged in the database as coming from that vendor, yet! Will they be unused colours of existing models, or new ones? Probably the former, but who knows? :)

Here's some I'm not aware of sources for, yet:

Image Witherhide Cliffstomper
Image Ancient Leatherhide
Image Tundra Icehoof
Image Shadowhide Pearltusk
Image Rocktusk Battleboar
Image Armored Razorback
Image Wild Goretusk
Image Giant Coldsnout
Image Mudback Riverbeast
Image Mosshide Riverwallow
Image Solar Spirehawk
Image Garn Steelmaw
Image Warsong Direfang
Image Smoky Direwolf
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

He could sell unused colours of mounts, perhaps once a week we get a selection of mounts we can pick from. No doubt they'll be expensive, or we have to give one rare mount to hand in for another. Like an exchange. Say, you have another blazing drake drop and no ones there. You get that and show it to the trader. He gives you various mounts you can swap it for. Some swaps you could have
Onyxian drake <> Experiment 12-B
Ashes of Al'ar <> Firehawk or flametalon of alystrazor.
Mounts with similar drop rates. So I could swap a soft Zulian panther in for a vitreous drake or something.

One shall never question Warcraft and it's logic. Or the worg run, which might not look too bad on an updated model, in game.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Would be very cool if the rare mount trader gave us a chance to get retired mounts (like the vanilla mounts that aren't on the BMAH) or even unused colors from previous expansions. There are so many awesome colors for mounts that would look great in game.

http://www.warcraftmounts.com/unusedlooksgallery.php

Like I said... so many. It's such a shame. :( Dun horses. That gorgeous brown and grey worg. Tons of different colors of skyscreamers and windsteeds and quillens and hippogryphs and sabers etc.

edit: Ninja'd xD

That's a good idea though. I got at least two blue drakes while farming for the azure. Would've been nice to have been able to trade a blue for an azure or something. But I'll be honest the unused color thing would be so awesome.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |