Gara

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Re: Gara

Unread post by moonone »

here is the mob with SB - once you attack her and she summons SB once she wont summon it again until killed and she respawns

tried taming at different health levels - with berry buff - and other stugff - not sure is she has anything more to do - bleh
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

oh well - gl guys - think I'm gonna sit this one out a bit - too many peeps showing up making it hard to try anything -
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Ah I looted the berries and then I crashed and went to eat dinner :lol: time to go share them with Gara!

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

How far away is she from Gara? Possible to kite Mother to her? Maybe Mother/Spirit wolf and Gara may interact?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

SpiritBinder wrote:How far away is she from Gara? Possible to kite Mother to her? Maybe Mother/Spirit wolf and Gara may interact?
Been trying that. Most attempts someone came along and killed her. The one time i got 3/4 the way there and the mother just vanished. Not evaded, just vanished. :( There was evading if i didn't shoot often enough.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Miacoda

Unread post by Miacoda »

Have multiple berries been tried? I'm trying to just give her one without crashing but I have two on me. Nevermind she doesn't consume them.
Also wondering if there are other shadowmoon orc related rares that might drop something.... or a Frostwolf orc..?
Last edited by Miacoda on Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

AKA TheDoomcookie

moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

yeah - before there was really anyone there I was trying to get her over there - but in the end she would vanish - couple times I got close but then killed her cause her health was too low

- to note though - when you kill her minions (not the SB) you get a short buff - been trying to get her close enough too have time to run over and talk to gara with buff but that doesn't help much either - buff stacks though - not sure if you can stack it all the way up and it will stay?
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

kited Mother all the way to Gara - tried bunch of stuff there - nothing worked

Mother's SB has a 30sec timer I am pretty sure - not sure if you have to burst down Mother b4 timer and tame - tried but seemed like SB always despawned with Mother - wan't paying to much attention to timer though
when you try to tame SB it says that it is already controled
Miacoda

Unread post by Miacoda »

Ugh this is frustrating... it seems she wants you to do something with the berries... but what? e_e

AKA TheDoomcookie

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

One thing to remember, (though not sure how helpful it is) but Mr Muffs was also responsible for a lot of work on timeless isle, and there were certainly some ticksy things in that place ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tried dragging and dropping them onto her? Tried using the hunter feed pet spell?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I did try dragging and dropping but didn't think to use the feed pet spell.

Edit: Nothing. :(

Edit: maybe you have to collect a certain number of the berries? Far fetched idea but I don't know what else it could be. :( Tried killing other rares, too. Different npcs in the area. Nada. Maybe it's just not implemented fully yet.. probably the most likely case.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

*flails arms* What if we feed her shadowberries somehow and she ends up turning into a void wolf?!

Also, I hope that rare that drops the berry doesn't have a long respawn timer. Like the half hour or so that MoP rares have :) guys on beta? Gogogo! I'm counting in you to figure this out!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

She spawns almost immediately but that might just be a beta thing.. Not sure though. Most rares though considering they're vignettes (they only drop good stuff the first time you kill them) have short spawn times.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Could this be a clue. The three stones, one has a sword, one a shield and dagger, the other blank...

Symbol on the stone is definitely Frostwolf tho..

Thori
Realm: Anachronos

Unread post by Thori »

I can't help but feel that it's something to do with Om'ra. I thought that if you killed her with the Shadowberries buff active and her void wolf spawned that might trigger something but nope. I shall continue to work on this.

My theory was that Om'ra was her past master, and that is why she likes the shadowberries. There must be something we're missing.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah, I was thinking the same way Thori. There's got to be a connection between Om'ra and Gara and the void wolf she spawns as well, but I haven't found anything either except the berries.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Lupen202 wrote:Yeah, I was thinking the same way Thori. There's got to be a connection between Om'ra and Gara and the void wolf she spawns as well, but I haven't found anything either except the berries.
If they're linked, and there's so special gimmick to unlock the ability to tame Gara or whatnot, then we've got to compete with other players. Many won't know it's needed for a hunters pet, and will probably kill the rare if something like getting her to below 20% health near Gara will trigger something.

Maybe that's an idea. Get the rare to below 20% health and she'll steal health from Gara. The shadow berries Gara has eaten recently could do something and she becomes a void wolf. Or perhaps depending on how long we wait, Gara keeps her spectral appearance?
Thori
Realm: Anachronos

Unread post by Thori »

Kayro wrote:
Lupen202 wrote:Yeah, I was thinking the same way Thori. There's got to be a connection between Om'ra and Gara and the void wolf she spawns as well, but I haven't found anything either except the berries.
If they're linked, and there's so special gimmick to unlock the ability to tame Gara or whatnot, then we've got to compete with other players. Many won't know it's needed for a hunters pet, and will probably kill the rare if something like getting her to below 20% health near Gara will trigger something.

Maybe that's an idea. Get the rare to below 20% health and she'll steal health from Gara. The shadow berries Gara has eaten recently could do something and she becomes a void wolf. Or perhaps depending on how long we wait, Gara keeps her spectral appearance?
That's certainly a possibility, the only problem is that she spawns quite a distance away from Gara and you appear to not be able to kite her back to Gara (Om'ra or her spawn Spirit wolf).

It's a head scratcher, that's for sure.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

It's bugging me. Until we can discover a way to tame Gara, it'll drive me crazy. However, perhaps Gara won't be the void wolf some think she'll be. While the berries would suggest darkness, shadows and the void, Gara may just be an updated Karoma model.

Or! Depending on how we interact with Gara, she may become one of three separate wolf spirits. Or four. There's that cinder wolf. There's that fel wolf. There's that void and and there's the plain spirit wolf. There could be a rare in different zones that'll give certain berries. In Shadowmoon valley the rare nearby drops shadow berries. Perhaps in frostfire ridge a rare could drop frostfire berries. Perhaps? Then when her life is siphoned from her she'll become one of the four skins.

However, I don't like this theory. I'd like a tameable cinder wolf, a void wolf and a spirit wolf. The fel wolf would be nice but I simply don't think it'll happen. I'm guessing Gara will be either a spirit or a void wolf. It fits with the theme if the area she's in.

Note to self--when people discover what level Gara is tameable by and how to tame her, trek to Shadowmoon valley and take that wolf before you continue. Oh, and grab a smoky wolf while you're there :D